RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

www.rit.edu

2.0

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

This was the strangest interview I ever had. The director gave an hour and a half monologue about his history and what he wants to do in the department. He literally only asked me one question: "Do you have a Master's?" There was no congratulations, no checking up on my references, no asking for transcripts. I only received a date and time I needed to show up. No contract until a week after I had already been working there.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question- "Do you have a Masters?" Not hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. When I was hired some years ago, I was given no documents about expectations or information. You just had to figure it out. And no contract until a week into teaching. Now, new hires are given a two-day seminar on teaching theory and handed a two-page list of expectations.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

I saw a post on the RIT Student Employment Office website and I applied by email. I received a response within two days and I had my interview scheduled for the following week. After the interview I was given a offer the next day and I started working the week after.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. Very standard interviewing process.   Answer Question

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

They asked a lot of behavior questions and there are 5 or 6 people in the interview process. But it felt pretty casual conversation.

Junior Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in September 2013.

They go around campus in a party tractor and invite everyone to apply. Once you have applied, some people get called in for interviews. The interview is very casual. you talk to around 3 of the higher level employees and they ask you questions and basically figure out if you arent a dingus who is going to break or steal equipment. They asked a lot about me but never gave me any problems to solve.

Interview Questions
    • What prior experience have you had with tech crew related work?   View Answer
    No negotiation, flat hourly rate that goes up as you climb the ranks.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Students are required to submit their resume to Graduate student adviser. When there is an opening for the student assistants, they may be called in for an informal interview or formal one depending on which faculty or professor they are going to work with. Its is mostly an informal process of hiring and not much is expected of student workers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. You should know what you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
    The salary is fixed and student adviser informs you about the duties, responsibilities before you start working.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Usually 2 interviews and always with multiple people - 3 to 7 people all at once -- too many!! Many tell you how LUCKY you are to be there and just how hard it is to get an interview and wait to hear you say how grateful you are.

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself in X number of words, what would they be? This is asked at most RIT interviews.   View Answer
    • Can you tell people NO? (???) Do you have a hard time saying NO? This was asked at 3 of 5 interviews.   View Answer
    • Tell us about your "front desk" experience. It might sound silly, but this is a MAJOR DEAL. You might have done all the duties and task in the job posting -- for years --- and be very competent in them. However, if you did not do them at the FRONT DESK, you can tell you have been moved into a different "category". I was actually told because I didn't do the same work -- at the FRONT DESK, I did not get the job. ??!??!   View Answer
    • How do you deal with stress in life? (Not at work, but in LIFE)   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in July 2012.

First was the email notification to potential candidates on-campus that there were positions open, and if we were interested to send an email back with your resume and portfolio.
    After this, there was another email informing the candidates that responded back of future dates and times for interview appointments, either by phone, Skype, or in person (I chose to have my appointment in person). The candidates were required to bring a physical copy of their resume and portfolio with them.
    I arrived to my appointment on time, with my resume, portfolio, and digital disk of both. I was greeted by my Interviewer, as well as the Student Government President, who would be sitting in on my interview.
    Right after introductions, I handed over my physical copy of my resume and digital disk of my portfolio for my interviewer to keep. Then, we jumped into the questions. Before the session was over I was given a very short tour of my potential workplace, then we returned back to the office so then I could present my portfolio. After I asked my final questions, the interviewer informed me of when I would be notified of getting the offer or not, in a week from that day.
    We exchanged final handshakes, and that was that. A few hours later I wrote my thank-you letter to my interviewer and waited eagerly and patiently for a response, and as promised I got an email response back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you only had 90 days to live, how would you spend them and why?   View Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in May 2012.

Resume was submitted to the professor who is the head of the research lab by email. He set up an interview date, and with in a day he send me an offer.

Student Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2012.

The interview process was pretty easy. They asked me a couple of questions about my projects, PHP, JavaScript and Drupal

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything like difficult. They asked me questions like, how do I cope up in team work, under pressurized situations   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate a lot.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2012.

through interviews