RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions & Reviews in Rochester, NY

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014
23 interviews

2.0

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

This was the strangest interview I ever had. The director gave an hour and a half monologue about his history and what he wants to do in the department. He literally only asked me one question: "Do you have a Master's?" There was no congratulations, no checking up on my references, no asking for transcripts. I only received a date and time I needed to show up. No contract until a week after I had already been working there.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question- "Do you have a Masters?" Not hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. When I was hired some years ago, I was given no documents about expectations or information. You just had to figure it out. And no contract until a week into teaching. Now, new hires are given a two-day seminar on teaching theory and handed a two-page list of expectations.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

I saw a post on the RIT Student Employment Office website and I applied by email. I received a response within two days and I had my interview scheduled for the following week. After the interview I was given a offer the next day and I started working the week after.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. Very standard interviewing process.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in May 2012.

Resume was submitted to the professor who is the head of the research lab by email. He set up an interview date, and with in a day he send me an offer.

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

They asked a lot of behavior questions and there are 5 or 6 people in the interview process. But it felt pretty casual conversation.

Tenure Track Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in February 2009.

Very straightforward, phone interview and on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Diversity is a topic that is emphasized but not comprehended internally so the interviewers want to listen a staged question.   View Answer
    Easy and oprn

Student Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2012.

The interview process was pretty easy. They asked me a couple of questions about my projects, PHP, JavaScript and Drupal

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything like difficult. They asked me questions like, how do I cope up in team work, under pressurized situations   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate a lot.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Students are required to submit their resume to Graduate student adviser. When there is an opening for the student assistants, they may be called in for an informal interview or formal one depending on which faculty or professor they are going to work with. Its is mostly an informal process of hiring and not much is expected of student workers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. You should know what you have mentioned in your resume.   Answer Question
    The salary is fixed and student adviser informs you about the duties, responsibilities before you start working.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in August 2009.

Long process waiting for response / offers - checked my references - a full day of interviews, some one-one, some group, very friendly atmosphere, needed to replace an engineer with my field of expertise who had left. Was told that it was a 9-5 kind of job with occasional rushes of work... ended up being more rushes than expected.

Interview Questions
    Good offer accepted after another potential employer couldn't match it - tried for increased vacation, but not successful

Computer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2012.

Positions at RIT are largely based on who you know and your ability to learn. This is because they tend to hire current students and graduates of Rochester Institute of Technology. So, they do not only focus on what you know, but if you seem intelligent and can communicate effectively. They offer free tuition to employees so they are not too concerned with current degree, but rather your ability to learn.

Interview Questions
    • NONE, have a great personality and communicate well, there are no trick questions here.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2012.

through interviews

no negotiation

Worked for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)? Contribute to the Community!