RM Education Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RM Education (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Too long interview , technical ,managerial,HR round as well as verbal ,inductive and numerical reasoning rounds were there.Too difficult to clear all the rounds at once with less time limit

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RM Education.

Interview

I had attended a walk in interview at this company..There were 2 rounds , first one was the aptitude test and the next one is HR interview.. Most of the questions in the first round were related to reasoning and English. There will be 30 questions and 30 minutes available for answering the questions and there was no negative mark.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions..If you are good at aptitude then you can easily clear the test   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RM Education (Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

First part of the process was quite quick. Within 7 days of applying I had a telephone interview with HR. Quite an easy process, going through my CV and previous positions with a few competency based questions - i.e. give me an example when.... The telephone interview was quite scripted and providing you know your CV inside & out and have researched the company and how your experience relates to the job description then you shouldn't have any issues. A couple of days later I was invited to complete the 2nd stage of the interview - This consisted of 2 online tests, numerical and verbal reasoning. These were actually quite difficult but you are given plenty of opportunity to take practice tests prior to the actual one. I would advise that you practice, practice and finally practice some more..... The verbal reasoning one can throw you off track - the question consists of a paragraph of text followed by several multiple choice answers based on the content of the text. You must remember to base your answer purely on the content of the text rather than any prior knowledge of the subject that you have- sometimes it feels like you are choosing the wrong answer based on knowledge/experience but the answer is correct based on the text. About a week passed, then I was invited to an in person interview (apparently if you do not pass the online tests you don't get an interview). Unfortunately I then had to wait nearly 2 weeks for my actual interview. The face to face interview was split into 2 parts. Upon arrival I was given a piece of paper with some basic information relating to the dept, some facts and figures and then several questions relating to the position I had applied for. I was then given 30 minutes to come up with a presentation that I had to then give to the line manager and a member of HR. There isn't really any prior preparation that you can do for this as you have no idea what the subject will be. I found this part of the interview relatively easy. Once you have given your presentation you can expect 15-20 mins of questions relating to your content. The second part of the interview moves into a somewhat archaic competency based interview lasting around 60 minutes when the line manager and HR take it in turns to work through their preset list of questions - make sure you research competency based interview questions and have a few examples of each to hand. Questions will be along the lines of 'Give me an example when...' , 'Tell me about a time when...' , 'Describe a time when....' Luckily, these types of interviews are quite easy to prepare for - just make sure your examples cover the following: Situation - Explain the background of the situation Task - What did you have to achieve Action - What did you do to resolve the situation (remember to say 'I' rather than 'We') Result - What was the outcome and what did you learn from it I believe that using this scripted technique rather than a more informal open discussion means that RM is probably turning away some good talent.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularity difficult or unexpected - just research competency based interviews and the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Operations Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RM Education (Abingdon, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a telephone interview followed by two online tests. then face to face. Phone interview was a complete review of my CV along with the standard questions one might have expected 5 years ago such as "what was your toughest challenge", nothing imaginative at all, all a bit bog standard and easy to prepare for. The two online tests were bit pointless really considering the job, but these seem to be the trend at the moment and RM Education followed suit. Completed and passed both tests, apparently if you don't pass you aren't interviewed, amazing really, that seems very narrow thinking to me. Anyway, after getting that far, I was invited to interview and booked holiday, then two days before it was cancelled as the interviewer was coming from Scotland and could not make it that day. So I cancelled my holiday, reviewed the process so far and did a lot more research. Seems the company are struggling and restructuring, also read reviews on this site and as a result decided to stay put at my current company. Cancelled the remainder of my interview, not a company I feel is forward thinking or forward moving.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, several online tests, had a phone interview, group interview and then a single interview. Interview was completely non-technical despite a highly technical role. Based upon 'core competencies' which stack up to "How to give the best customer facing service"

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest mistake and how did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RM Education (Abingdon, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I reached the final stage interview, having previously completed two phone interviews, one with a recruitment person and one with a Sales manager. This was a great insight into the company, great new building and quite a nice and relaxed interview with another Sales manager and an employee from HR. Had to prepare a presentation and a mock interview on the day with roughly 45 mins to prepare for each. After they were completed I was then asked a series of competency questions. Was quite grueling, took about 3 hours in total, however as I said, it was a relaxed atmosphere and the employees I met were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an example of when you have had to adapt your communication style to achieve what you needed.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RM Education (Abingdon, England (UK)).

Interview

3 rounds of face to face interviews with behavioural and literacy tests. Interview included one fully covered trip to UK with accommodation, lunches etc. One group exercise with Lego bricks and task to build a tower. Very friendly and well communicated but lengthy process

Interview Questions

• literacy test can be complicated, you have to answer based on the facts from the text not your understanding of the topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, i was happy with the offer

On Site IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RM Education (Leeds, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview was a joke really - how do you troubleshoot a faulty Monitor?, What does DNS Stand for? do you know what Active Directory is...... this was for a Senior On Site IT Tech position Online assessment was pretty standard - if you don't pass you don't get the face to face interview Face To Face interview - Was told to meet interviewers at a Hotel (rather than an office....) when at the hotel there was no indication of where the interviews were taking place so spent 5 minutes poking my head in random doors to find out...When i eventually did find out where i needed to be, i am to this day regretting ever attending the interview. I was 20 minutes early for my 11am interview - while waiting i was sat with 2 other interviewers for RM, they were openly discussing the previous candidates interview and comparing him to the one before, in a very unprofessional manner i might add 11AM Came and it was time for my interview - by 11:15 i'd not been seen and nobody bothered to extend the courtesy and tell me that they were running late - 11:20 came and by this time i was contemplating walking out (I've never done this in the past) 11:30 was my deadline that i was about to walk (and i wish i had) - lowe and behold the interviewers came and saw me...... The interview consisted of a scenario based example. a piece of A4 paper with a made up Call Que on it, questions ranged from "how would you prioritise these calls and why" - "if theres no call and a user wants help what would you do" - "how would you distinguish between whats supported and whats not under the Managed service contract" I was asked to bring all Tech Certificates i'd gained, all ID and past references......nobody looked at them.... I didnt get the job, when i asked for feedback i was told it would be ready by the end of the week........i never did get any feedback. a complete waste of 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Actual Question "Using hindsight, explain a situation whereby you made a decision, but upon reflection it turned out to be the wrong decision"......   1 Answer

Graduate IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RM Education (Abingdon, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

I had one interview, which was a telephone interview.

Internal AM Interview

Interview

Couple of steps: paper based app; phone call with HR; online assessments; follow up first stage face to face interview with HR; then final interview with HR and hiring manager, including presentation.

Interview Questions

• None really - if you do your homework about the firm and it's strategic direction, you should be fine.   Answer Question