RONA

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RONA.

Interview Details – WASTE OF MY TIME!!! went for the job fair and got asked BS questions like "where did you hear about us" and "how lucky would you say you are". Yet the guy in front of me got the REAL questions. Got told I MIGHT get a call in 2 weeks. Spare me the time and I'll apply somewhere else!!!

Interview Question – How lucky are you on a scale of 1-10?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RONA in June 2009.

Interview Details – I entered the store as a customer and saw they were short staffed. I asked when the manager of the department I wanted to work in would be on duty and was told to return the following day. I returned and expressed my interest in a job and the department manager directed me to the Store manager. I met with the store manager immediately and participated in an interview.

Interview Question – At the time I had a business on the side that closely resembled what I would be doing at the store. The store manager asked if I would be able to seperate the two and if not would I be willing to give up my side work for a position in the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved, I was offered the position at the starting salary and began within days of my interview.

Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RONA.

Interview Details – Job fair, one on one interview, second interview, hired

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Retail Sales Manager
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RONA.

Interview Details – Applied on their website, within a week did a phone interview (scenerio type questions)
Less than a week later received a call from the store manager (nice) to arrange an in store interview with him and an assistant.

Asked about myself personally, then moved onto similar scenerio questions again. Asked to go thru my resume experience. Pushed for current salary but suggested I didn't have to disclose. Also asked for salary expectations, the guy was good and unfortunately got a number out of me.

Filled out a background check.
By the following week got a call with a job offer and was informed that orientation would be the next day.

Interview Question – The salary expectations question was tough, I thought I was prepared for wriggling out of it. Spend time researching the best way to get out of being the first to say a number.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I am attending the orientation and will attempt negotiations for a better salary. I was informed that this was acceptable.

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver

Interviewed at RONA

Interview Details – no interview as I was part of Totem Building Supplies when Rona purchased Totem

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at RONA in January 2012.

Interview Details – short and sweet in and out not really a process

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Belleville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RONA in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume to the store and got called a week later. Went out to the yard to meet the manager and was walked around the yard as we discussed the job and expectations.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Retail Sales Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RONA.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Interview with ASM and HR
Interview with HR and Store Manager

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Maybe when they ask which are the Rona values just because if you are new you don't know the answer.
Bahavioral based questions (few) i.e. tell me about a time when you did not agree with your manager, what was it? what did you do to convice your manager your point of view and what was the final outcome?
Evaluation of previous experience type of questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They informed me that the starting salary was 39k/year. Wasn't hard to get 40k, but later I learned newer managers with less experiences were getting paid better - then it was very difficult to get my salary reviewed.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RONA in May 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Asked situational questions. HR was very nice.

Interview Question – Health and Safety   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RONA in January 2009.

Interview Details – What was the most difficult decision you had to take at work and what was the outcome?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you did not agree with a decision your boss made, what was the situation and the outcome   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was as bad as my Department Manager's wage, and not worth for the extra troubles...

Interviews for Top Jobs at RONA

Worked for RONA? Contribute to the Community!