RPA

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.3

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RPA.

The interview was extremely laid back. It was more of a conversation - they were genuinely interested in me as a person. They asked what I expected the position to be and about my past experiences. They also wanted too know what I liked and didnt like about past jobs.

Interview Questions
    • I never did like the questio "what didnt you like about ____"   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RPA in September 2014.

I applied to one of their open Account Supervisor positions and was contacted quickly. The recruiter Andrea was really nice and gave me a good overview of the company and the positions available. She then said she was going to pass my resume on to the hiring managers and she'd let me know within five days whether they wanted to move forward or pass. It's been over three weeks and I never heard one way or the other. Each week for three weeks Andrea would let me know she was still waiting on an answer and would get back to me the next day. Never happened. I'm assuming they passed since I haven't heard anything in a while

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RPA.

The interview process is fairly straight forward. An HR rep reached out to me via LinkedIn and e set up time for a phone interview, where I learned more about the role. Afterward, I was brought in to meet with my reporting managers for a panel interview. Next round was an interview with peers, and meeting with the director. I received a job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was minimal. RPA is competitive with wages, but on the lower end of the spectrum.

Freelance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RPA.

Initiated contact via email and received response the next day from HR. Shared requested information via email and schedule phone interview.

Phone interview was extremely professional and informative. Was allowed to provide my information as well as obtain additional information regarding the position and what the agency was looking for beyond the posted job description.

Interview Questions
    • As I was familiar with the agency the interview process was expedient and did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions during or after the process.   Answer Question
    Extremely fair and highly professional.

Account Assistant Interview

There were four different interviews- one with Recruiter, one with manager, one with team supervisor, and one with vice president. I thought it was ridiculous and its an awful company.

RPA SUCKS

Account Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RPA.

Started with a standard application along with a social media project where you listed why you want a job in advertising (be creative). About month later I received an email that I made it to the second round (phone interview). The interview was a pretty standard interview. No extremely tough questions. Mostly getting to know you and job experience. A few weeks later, I was notified I made it to the third round (santa monica office) for a panel type interview. Very fun experience overall. People at RPA are extremely positive and outgoing people

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite campaign of 2014? What was your favorite RPA advertisement? What would your friends say about you?   Answer Question

Floater Interview

Pretty easy interview process. Had to submit a creative part as a preliminary before the interview. But I actually thought it was fun and innovative. Interview itself was standard. Casual. Asked the typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The HR ladies were really nice

Digital Marketing Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at RPA in February 2012.

Pretty basic phone interview went over my resume and the scope of the job. No tricky questions or anything like that. The interviewer was nice and very helpful.

Interview Questions

Recruiter was unable to answer some basic questions about where the job feeds into if you were asked to stay on full-time after school. The mention rate of pay was also extremely low in my opinion for an MBA internship 8-10/hr.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RPA in April 2011.

Got an interview opportunity via networking (I was not living in California at the time). The process was very straightforward and non-threatening, compared to that of many of the other companies with which I had interviewed.

The first correspondence was a phone interview with HR...it was really just getting to know me/my personality/past experience and seeing what positions I might be interested in. While I was interested in Account Management, the recruiter recommended me to interview for other available positions in Project Management.

I decided to move forward with interviewing for a position on the PM team. The next step was a Skype interview with the two supervisors of all the Project Management teams. Interview lasted about a half an hour, was straight forward...no curveball questions and was generally a positive, flowing conversation based around past work experience and the nature of the position.

My final interview (also via Skype) came about 4 days later, and was with a member of the team I would be working on. This was somewhat of a "personality test" type interview. Again, it was very non-threatening and was focused on gauging my work aptitude and attitude. Essentially, they wanted to make sure I'd make a holistic positive addition to the team.

Received offer a few hours after the final interview, dependent on background check and positive references.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your past experience. Why advertising. Why Project Management...   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at RPA in February 2011.

After plunging my network for years, I finally got a contact within RPA and secured an interview.

Was screened on the phone, followed up by a 1:1 with HR and two rounds of group interviews. Was assured early on that my lack of direct account mgmt. experience would not be a factor. Halfway through the second interview, the Management Sup. became quite abrasive - clearly, I'd been deemed unfit and I was wasting her time.

While the second interview was a giant letdown, my HR rep led me to believe that I was still a leading candidate for the open position. The rep informed me that they'd have a decision within the next week. This was not the case, as I was then led on for week after week, delay after delay - for a duration of seven weeks - waiting to hear of the company's ultimate decision.

By week six, I found the position had been reposted on RPA's website - not the best way to reject a candidate - but my HR rep assured me that I was still a leading candidate. Huh? At this point, their decision was obvious. A week later I was told - you guessed it - after careful consideration they wanted someone with more account management experience. And the best part? My internal referrer informed me that the company ended up hiring a candidate with no account management experience.

While interviewing, companies tend to forget that they're in the spotlight as well. All in all, this was not a pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had an angry client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question