RPS Group Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at RPS Group

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RPS Group (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interview process: one with HR and the CFO, and one with a superior Controller. The first interview was in-person, the second was by video conference. First interview went well, but the second was distant and the head controller didn't seem interested.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience in each role.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RPS Group.

Interview

They mostly use recruiters. So, the recruiter informed me about the interview and advise me not to talk about salary.
    I was invited to an interview in their offices. They called me after 2 days to tell me that I got the job.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RPS Group (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Interview was fairly laid back. Interview by a senior engineer and the operations manager. The main part of the interview was talking about me and my background - heavily focussing on my CV and asking about what I done in particular situations and MY responsibilities. This was quite important. As uncomfortable as it as you have to blow your own trumpet as they are expecting to find out exactly what your roles, responsibilities and skill sets were. They also asked the basic HR Q's: " What would you do when dealt with a difficult customer ", " Where do you see yourself in 5 years " etc etc.

Interview Questions

• For me there were no difficult questions. It was not technical interview in the slightest. They seemed more interested to know you as a person and how you would fit in with the company. My one bit of advice would be not to lie. Although the interview is fairly laid back and not technical, don't be lulled into a false sense of security. If you think that the people interviewing you won't know if you are embellishing truths you will be caught out. Be honest and if you don't know something don't try and BS your way through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating was carried out by a recruitment agency.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RPS Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Two interviewers, including my prospective supervisor brought me for an in-person interview. They first gave me some information about their current projects, and asked me about my background and my interest in the company. Next, they asked about particular relevant skills. For the GIS-specific portion of the role, they asked technical questions to test my proficiency in particular tasks, such as identifying tools. For more general background, they assessed my knowledge of the renewables industry, UK conservation law, and field ecology.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a vector and a raster in GIS?   Answer Question