RSA Security

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview Details – Only went through one interview process - on the phone with two managers. They had me go through my resume that I had sent in, they asked questions based off of the position you are applying for (i.e. how much experience do you have in data analysis, what's your background on coding, etc.) and then they went over the projects. There wasn't much description in terms of job requirements when I was applying for the position but they went over that in the interview. They ended the call by telling me that they had a few more interviews within the week and will get back to me in a week. A few days later, I go a phone call from HR congratulating me.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - as long as you know the position you are applying for and what the job entitles.   Answer Question

Principal Financial Analyst Interview

Principal Financial Analyst
Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RSA Security in June 2010.

Interview Details – Three separate visits including interviews with senior financial VP, senior director of operations and interviews with immediate manager and his boss.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly higher comp package and added vacation based on my work history. Very smooth process!

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Technical Support Engineer II
Draper, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at RSA Security in August 2012.

Interview Details – Since I knew the local manager from a previous job, I had an in towards getting a foot in the door. I did not have to interview with him before getting a second interview. The phone interview with his counterpart in the head office was casual and as much about fit as technical ability.

Interview Question – There were none. I was in a position I was enjoying, so it was a very relaxed experience for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation will be split into base and bonus. The bonus is split into quarterly amounts and is contingent upon meeting goals arranged with your manager. While the goals are easily attainable, it will require some stretching. It's a good idea to negotiate as much as possible into your base.

Advisory Solutions Architect Interview

Advisory Solutions Architect

Interviewed at RSA Security

Interview Details – Applied through RSA/EMC Website - interview process took 3 months - a little disorganizaed,

Interview Question – None - fairly straightforward process - just prolonged   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

Interviewed at RSA Security

Interview Details – It was very straightforward as I had existing relationship with people in the company. I was always treated with respect and people seemed genuinely happy with the company.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on base and bonus. Nothing else was negotiable.

Technical Trainer Interview

Technical Trainer
Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RSA Security in September 2010.

Interview Details – I encountered a very typical review process. Phone interview with Human Resources, followed by interview with hiring manager. Then handed off back to Human Resources rep for offer, negotiation, and background checks. Full background check and drug test will be done after the initial conditional offer is made. Please an employee agreement must be signed.

Interview Question – This is going to vary greatly based on the position you are being interviewed for. As a trainer, I was asked to do an impromptu training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for additional vacation during this phase. They will give an additional week (up to 3) for many new employees.

Tech Solutions Project Manager Interview

Tech Solutions Project Manager
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RSA Security in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. That interview went fine.
He setup an interview with the Hiring Manager. He was the Americas Practice Manager (PMO Mgr).
I had an overall 15 mins interview. The interviewer was very impatient and did not follow my conversation at all. Sometimes he asked the same question 3 times, even though i answered the very first time.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RSA Security in October 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was pretty technical, followed by an in-person interview. The in-person was a day-long process, very technical. Even the manager had a good technical understanding of the project. The questions mostly bounced around design and algorithms, pseudo-coding. Programming language does not matter.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RSA Security in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, the company's HR was very slow at responding to me. I had a phone interview, which went well. They wanted me to fly out to Boston to interview in person, but would not pay for my flight/hotel. I felt that the interview went well in person, but other than a quick response to my thank you note I got no other correspondence. I followed up with each of the HR personnel that spoke with me, but got no response. Overall, I felt that the least they could do was to give me an idea of what was happening with my application.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about financial analysis.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect
Overland Park, KS

The process took 2 months - interviewed at RSA Security in May 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with my recruiter presenting me to the company. They liked what they saw and brought me in for a 1:1 with the HR head, the gentleman I was replacing, and finally his boss.; ~ 4 hours. About a week later the HR rep contacted me saying that I had moved to the next level and to complete a technical exercise within a week. This included modelling a software product, but was left pretty open; you are expected to ask questions. About a week or two after turning in artifacts, RSA had me come in to walk through what I was thinking during the exercise. This was a ~1.5 hour presentation in front of ~10 persons from several different disciplines, inside and outside of the IT org. Several weeks later my recruiter received feedback that they were passing. The reason was that I was not technical enough for the position. All in all, I thought it was a very challenging, but pleasant experience. RSA certainly wants you to know your stuff. Also, it was very nice that the HR rep debriefed you after each phase of the process; this was a pleasant change from normal interviewing. The feedback was constructive and thoughtful.

Interview Question – What is your 90 day plan?   Answer Question

Worked for RSA Security? Contribute to the Community!