RSC Equipment Rentals

RSC Equipment Rentals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals.

Phone screen, 5 in-person interviews. BM, DM, RM, DM again and finally the store manager.
    Took much longer and more detailed for the level position they wanted me for.

Interview Questions
    • How has your previous experience prepared you for a position with us?   View Answer
    Negotiated base slightly, not a bunch of room from what I was told.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in August 2011.

The hiring process took a long time due to the initial hiring agency that they use. Once I took the phone interview I had an in person interview with both of the hiring managers. They made me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you setup a goal and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in April 2011.

Brief telephone interview done late at night. Interviewer was pleasant and asked a number of obviously canned questions. Content tiled towards sales techniques and far less related to talent selection/retention, operational disciplines and more common retail/service industry points.

Interview Questions
    • What type of sales tracking software have you used?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in April 2011.

The phone interview was pretty standard HR stuff. Background, previous job duties, best and worst skills, salary requirements. No real surprises or difficult questions. You get the feeling they are interviewing over 50 people for one position as it was very well rehearsed. Phone interviewer was polite and offered very little info on salary or other specifics.

Interview Questions
    • describe previous job duties and how they pertain to the job you are applying for   Answer Question

The company office is a little far for me (it's actually in Plymouth not Minneapolis) but more importantly the office is pretty run down. The female interviewing is NOT someone I would want to work for. She sounded like she micro managed every detail (lunch is 30 minutes, breaks are scheduled)..again this is a SALARY position but treated like you're in a fast food joint and 16 years old. Funny part is the receptionist is on the phone talking to her child when you walk in (very unprofessional) and then to have a manager acting this demanding makes the place seem very disorganized.

Pump and Power Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in August 2010.

The first interview was a phone interview. Then I had an interview in person with a district manager. I was impressed with him, very profesional. The questions he asked were not necessarily questions a HR person would ask.

Interview Questions
    I had taken another job when they called. The offer at the interview with RSC was 20.00 /hr. the job i took Paid 24.00/hr. When they called I told them if they split the difference I would come aboard. They did .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in April 2010.

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with. Technical phone interviews are usually only conducted for people living outside the geographical region. This is done because the company wants to have some level of confidence in your technical abilities before they decided to spend the money to fly you in for an in-person interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in July 2011.

The job was newly created and without a clear job description...a moving target. I was suprised at how the 1:1 interview was unorganized and without clear direction my the Talent Manager.

Branch Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in May 2011.

Initial phone interview was done by third party. Asked questions that answers were exactly on submitted resume. Interviewer knew nothing about position - nothing.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in May 2010.

Panel interview with regional team followed by a panel interview at the corporate office with executive team. Personality profile testing as well. Very extensive process but good.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in February 2010.

Basically wanted sales experience and information on how well you can communicate to potential clients. Big company, can get lost in the mix. Asked questions on how well you handle pressure as it can get hectic on the day to day workings of the company. You will basically start out in inside sales to prove you are a qualified candidate for outside sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer looking for a piece of equipment that was not in stock?   Answer Question