RSC Equipment Rentals

Profile Unclaimed

RSC Equipment Rentals Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals.

Phone screen, 5 in-person interviews. BM, DM, RM, DM again and finally the store manager.
Took much longer and more detailed for the level position they wanted me for.

Interview Questions
  • How has your previous experience prepared you for a position with us?   View Answer
Negotiated base slightly, not a bunch of room from what I was told.

Other Interview Reviews for RSC Equipment Rentals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in August 2011.

The hiring process took a long time due to the initial hiring agency that they use. Once I took the phone interview I had an in person interview with both of the hiring managers. They made me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you setup a goal and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in April 2010.

Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with. Technical phone interviews are usually only conducted for people living outside the geographical region. This is done because the company wants to have some level of confidence in your technical abilities before they decided to spend the money to fly you in for an in-person interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RSC Equipment Rentals in February 2010.

Basically wanted sales experience and information on how well you can communicate to potential clients. Big company, can get lost in the mix. Asked questions on how well you handle pressure as it can get hectic on the day to day workings of the company. You will basically start out in inside sales to prove you are a qualified candidate for outside sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer looking for a piece of equipment that was not in stock?   Answer Question