RSH

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Merritt Island, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at RSH in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR for an interview. The entire interview they talked and were "selling" the position. It's like they had their mind made up to hire me before the interview started.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Director-Human Resource Programs Interview

Director-Human Resource Programs
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RSH in February 2009.

Interview Details – First contact was by phone. I was suggested to them by a third-party as a potential candidate. I was not looking for another job at the time. I was asked about my experience and what I was responsible for as VPHR for my current company. The interviewer detailed the director position and what they were looking for in a candidate. I was told about the interview process and was given a general range of compensation along with a detail of other benefits. I met with the CFO who told me the position would report to him. I asked why he thought I would be a good candidate since RSH sought me out. I was told the company had never had a female executive in its (then) 62 year history. I offered my reservations about being the first, and asked to meet with the current HR staff as well as other directors. Those interviews were set up for me. After I met with everyone, I met again with the CFO and told him I didn't think I was the right for the position based on many of the attitudes and opinions presented to me by who would be my peers. I was again contacted by RSH and offered an employment contract that could turn into a regular employee position at the conclusion. I accepted, and then met with a psychologist who gave me a personality and management style test. We negotiated the salary and I signed the contract.

Bar none, working at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc., was the worst experience of my life. The culture is not female-friendly, not family-friendly (I don't have a family), and not minority-friendly (I am not a minority). Management styles are outdated, not progressive, not open to improvement. If you enjoy being micromanaged, this is the place for you. If you enjoy being screamed at, this is the place for you. On my first recruiting outing, I fought against the common name for RS&H - run, scream, and hide. The moniker fits.

Interview Question – I did much of the interviewing, because I was solicited to interview with the company, not the other way around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an employment contract rather than hiring on as a regular employee. Be well prepared with numbers before you enter negotiation at RSH. If you don't show printouts of what you've found, you won't get what you want.

Architect Interview

Architect
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RSH in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was typical for the profession. I was taken around the office and the atmosphere appeared good.

Interview Questions

Worked for RSH? Contribute to the Community!