RTI International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.7

Business Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTI International.

Very smooth interview process. I applied online and then an HR recruiter contacted me within a week. I then had an onsite interview the next week with a panel. The experience was efficient and positive.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International.

Applied, heard back immediately, invited for an interview. Interview went well, basic questions with the promise to get back to me in a week. One month later, I still haven't heard back. I've sent one thank you email immediately, then two polite follow up emails, spaced 2 weeks apart, the two follow up emails received no answer. I still have no idea if they filled the job or cancelled it or what. A rejection email at the very least would be nice. Very frustrating and unexpected from such a respected company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They shared their projects with me and we talked about my background and skills. It was a straightforward, enjoyable interview.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through their career website. I was contacted by the hiring manger by phone to talk about the projects I would potentially be working on. The interview was actually fairly long. About 2-3 hours. There were about 4 to 6 waves of interviewers in groups of 2-3. I think they set the interview up like this to see for which projects I would be the best fit for. There weren't really any technical questions, most of the questions were limited to my resume and coursework.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was mainly to determine if I was a good fit with their projects.   Answer Question
    Done via e-mail. Pretty fair with negotiating.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at RTI International.

I was contacted by HR to see if I was interested in a phone interview. I agreed and scheduled a time to call the hiring manager, which also ended up being my supervisor. I called the hiring manager, and she talked to me about my past job experience and senior design project that were included on my resume. The interview felt just like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • She really honed in on my senior design project and asked a lot of detailed question about what went into it.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Supplier Quality and Monitoring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RTI International in April 2014.

Found the internship via university career website. Got an email inviting me to a phone interview about 10 days after I submitted my application. I called the hiring manager who is also the supervisor of the position and had a great talk about 45 mins (he's really nice and friendly). Got back from the phone interview after 3 business days to do an on-site interview with the supervisor and his manager which lasted about 30 mins. The on-site interview was more of a conversation. Got the offer about 4 business days after the second interview.

Just standard interview questions and nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you made a mistake? How did you correct it?   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RTI International.

Some companies require you take a skills test/ IQ test. Background check. Phone interview/Skype interview

The pay is what it is.

Chemist Interview

It was good interview with senior researchers and several co worker, very friendly.

Research Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RTI International in October 2013.

The process moved quickly, starting with an initial phone call with basic "who are you?" questions. Immediately (within an hour) they booked me a hotel room for an on-site interview the following week. They were very structured and punctual through the 7 interview times I had during the on-site interview. The work environment felt really casual and laid back. The individuals I interviewed with were very friendly and open to talking about why they love working at RTI.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular stands out, however, a few of the interviewers wanted to dig into specific statistical operations I used in my graduate program and had me explain them in detail.   Answer Question

Global Health Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RTI International in July 2013.

Applied online through college's career website and was then interviewed 1:1.
    After two weeks I received the internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stressful situations or tasks while working?   View Answer

Research Public Health Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at RTI International.

The interview process was like having conversations with new colleagues. I interviewed with team and office mates and an HR representative via telephone. The interview was typical in that they asked me to tell them about myself, asked me about my work experiences and skill sets as it related to the position I was interviewing in and then inquired about what I would do in particular scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • At one point, the project lead mentioned that the job description that I applied for may have changed based upon the clients needs and in that case, I would not be qualified.   Answer Question
    The best negotiation process, I have ever been through.