RTI International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.7

Business Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RTI International.

Very smooth interview process. I applied online and then an HR recruiter contacted me within a week. I then had an onsite interview the next week with a panel. The experience was efficient and positive.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RTI International.

Applied, heard back immediately, invited for an interview. Interview went well, basic questions with the promise to get back to me in a week. One month later, I still haven't heard back. I've sent one thank you email immediately, then two polite follow up emails, spaced 2 weeks apart, the two follow up emails received no answer. I still have no idea if they filled the job or cancelled it or what. A rejection email at the very least would be nice. Very frustrating and unexpected from such a respected company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They shared their projects with me and we talked about my background and skills. It was a straightforward, enjoyable interview.   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RTI International in January 2013.

Pretty easy to get hired. Show up in professional attire (business suit with tie for men). Had one phone interview and one in person interview. Asked questions like do you have a dependable car and a drivers license? What days and hours are you available to work? (You must answer any days any hours you need me.) Had a basic reading test to make sure you could read interview questions to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone who didn't want to do an interview to take the time to do one?   View Answer
    I took the standard pay rate.

Supplier Quality and Monitoring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RTI International in April 2014.

Found the internship via university career website. Got an email inviting me to a phone interview about 10 days after I submitted my application. I called the hiring manager who is also the supervisor of the position and had a great talk about 45 mins (he's really nice and friendly). Got back from the phone interview after 3 business days to do an on-site interview with the supervisor and his manager which lasted about 30 mins. The on-site interview was more of a conversation. Got the offer about 4 business days after the second interview.

Just standard interview questions and nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you made a mistake? How did you correct it?   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through their career website. I was contacted by the hiring manger by phone to talk about the projects I would potentially be working on. The interview was actually fairly long. About 2-3 hours. There were about 4 to 6 waves of interviewers in groups of 2-3. I think they set the interview up like this to see for which projects I would be the best fit for. There weren't really any technical questions, most of the questions were limited to my resume and coursework.

Interview Questions
    • None. Interview was mainly to determine if I was a good fit with their projects.   Answer Question
    Done via e-mail. Pretty fair with negotiating.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RTI International.

I was contacted by HR to see if I was interested in a phone interview. I agreed and scheduled a time to call the hiring manager, which also ended up being my supervisor. I called the hiring manager, and she talked to me about my past job experience and senior design project that were included on my resume. The interview felt just like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • She really honed in on my senior design project and asked a lot of detailed question about what went into it.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RTI International in June 2010.

Two interviews. The first was a one day "get to know you" with some management and some staff. The second was more of RTI selling themselves to you and negotiations.

Interview Questions
    I had a recruiter, so it was hands-off and fine.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RTI International in December 2010.

Worked as a independent consultant to RTI for several years, then was offered the job, with no real formal interview process as a new hire would get.

Field Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RTI International.

Some companies require you take a skills test/ IQ test. Background check. Phone interview/Skype interview

The pay is what it is.

Global Health Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RTI International in July 2013.

Applied online through college's career website and was then interviewed 1:1.
    After two weeks I received the internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with stressful situations or tasks while working?   View Answer

Worked for RTI International? Contribute to the Community!