RTI International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Applied, heard back immediately, invited for an interview. Interview went well, basic questions with the promise to get back to me in a week. One month later, I still haven't heard back. I've sent one thank you email immediately, then two polite follow up emails, spaced 2 weeks apart, the two follow up emails received no answer. I still have no idea if they filled the job or cancelled it or what. A rejection email at the very least would be nice. Very frustrating and unexpected from such a respected company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They shared their projects with me and we talked about my background and skills. It was a straightforward, enjoyable interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Applied from a post on their website and heard back within the week from the recruiter. First step was a informative phone call about the position where I was asked a few questions about my interests. I was then called back for an in-person interview and it was very pleasant. I had very cheerful interviewers who gave a lot of detailed information about the position beforehand. Informed within the week on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RTI International (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was done by 3 recruiters, 1- aeries of assessments on computer took about 1-2 hours, 2- read and pass the script reading and demo portion ,3- recruiter then b makes you an offer for the position

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was first contacted by email and had an initial screening call. Then I was invited to an in person interview. I had a second phone interview. The process was very slow, over all over 2 months to get a negative response.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. I applied online and then an HR recruiter contacted me within a week. I then had an onsite interview the next week with a panel. The experience was efficient and positive.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted almost a month later to do a full-day interview on-site. After the interview, I was told by HR that it went very well and they were interested in hiring me. After several weeks I had not heard anything and when I finally asked they told me they hadn't met yet to discuss but I would know something the following week. After a month I checked again and was told that they were still deciding. A full five weeks after the interview and 2 months after the initial application, I got a short email rejection letter from HR.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of situational questions - like what have you done if a project was not going well, when have you failed and what did you do about it, etc.   Answer Question

Survey Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was from 9-1. Long interview but worth it. I was interviewed by five people. The interview was all verbal. I didn't have to demonstrate skills up front.

Research Public Health Analyst (Ph D Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RTI International (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard PhD interview with 1 hour presentation of previous work and 8 half hour interviews with variety of staff across multiple programs. My presentation was well attended by the local staff included a lively question and answer session. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and they were stated that they were primarily interested in personality-fit rather than research interests.

Interview Questions

• Why RTI rather than academia? International research experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RTI International in July 2015.

Interview

I just completed a phone interview with RTI. I want to make it known that the interviewer was very personable and made me feel comfortable. The questions were very straight forward, typical questions that any employer needs to know about a prospective employee. But there were more specific questions addressing my skills in relation to the job posting. Overall great experience.

Education Researcher/Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RTI International (Berkeley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a first round panel interview with two people in person and a third via phone. It was approximately one hour. They went on to do at least one more round of interviews that would involve meeting additional people, and would last more than one hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the times that you felt like you were successful at work.   Answer Question