RTI International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. I applied online and then an HR recruiter contacted me within a week. I then had an onsite interview the next week with a panel. The experience was efficient and positive.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was first contacted by email and had an initial screening call. Then I was invited to an in person interview. I had a second phone interview. The process was very slow, over all over 2 months to get a negative response.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RTI International in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted almost a month later to do a full-day interview on-site. After the interview, I was told by HR that it went very well and they were interested in hiring me. After several weeks I had not heard anything and when I finally asked they told me they hadn't met yet to discuss but I would know something the following week. After a month I checked again and was told that they were still deciding. A full five weeks after the interview and 2 months after the initial application, I got a short email rejection letter from HR.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of situational questions - like what have you done if a project was not going well, when have you failed and what did you do about it, etc.   Answer Question

Research Public Health Analyst (Ph D Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RTI International (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard PhD interview with 1 hour presentation of previous work and 8 half hour interviews with variety of staff across multiple programs. My presentation was well attended by the local staff included a lively question and answer session.

Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and they were stated that they were primarily interested in personality-fit rather than research interests.

Interview Questions

• Why RTI rather than academia?
      International research experience

Answer Question

Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RTI International (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was done by 3 recruiters, 1- aeries of assessments on computer took about 1-2 hours, 2- read and pass the script reading and demo portion ,3- recruiter then b makes you an offer for the position

Survey Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was from 9-1. Long interview but worth it. I was interviewed by five people. The interview was all verbal. I didn't have to demonstrate skills up front.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC).

Interview

In total there were five interviews.
    1) One 30 minute phone interview - discussed my background, resume and a few behavioral questions. Also discussed the company, why I was interested in this line of work, and how I could apply my past experiences.
    2) One written case question that I had 24 hours to do and send back. Basically had to describe my thought process about a case they had experienced in the past.
    2) 3 30 minute on-site interviews with several of the team members, ranging from junior to senior-level employees. Mostly behavioral, some situational and even a quick case question.

Interview Questions

• If a client asked us to find a clean alternative to a current chemical they are procuring, how would you go about finding one and verifying its qualities?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RTI International in February 2010.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager and at the conclusion of our conversation, I was asked to fly down to interview in office. They arranged my flight, hotel, and car service to/from the airport which was great and easy. The in office interviews took about 5-6 hours of the day and consisted of the usual round after round of interviews with potential colleagues. Some were senior level and some were not. The questions were all background and behavioral, no case stuff. I was also asked to fill out a paper application so they could check my academic and professional credentials. Nobody ever followed up on their end with regard to credentialing, reference checking, etc. I never heard back and assumed they were still trying to make a decision. I've heard it takes them quite a while to extend an offer so I have no idea where I stood. I did reach out to the hiring manager but was never able to get that person to respond to me until I told them I moved onto another position. In that respect, I feel that they could have been clearer as to timeline in making a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Who else are you interviewing with and what other kind of positions are you interviewing for?   1 Answer

Supplier Quality and Monitoring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Found the internship via university career website. Got an email inviting me to a phone interview about 10 days after I submitted my application. I called the hiring manager who is also the supervisor of the position and had a great talk about 45 mins (he's really nice and friendly). Got back from the phone interview after 3 business days to do an on-site interview with the supervisor and his manager which lasted about 30 mins. The on-site interview was more of a conversation. Got the offer about 4 business days after the second interview.

Just standard interview questions and nothing tricky.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you made a mistake? How did you correct it?   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RTI International in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy to get hired. Show up in professional attire (business suit with tie for men). Had one phone interview and one in person interview. Asked questions like do you have a dependable car and a drivers license? What days and hours are you available to work? (You must answer any days any hours you need me.) Had a basic reading test to make sure you could read interview questions to candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone who didn't want to do an interview to take the time to do one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took the standard pay rate.