RTKL Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Staff Interview

Design Staff
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back approximately 3 weeks later and had a phone interview. My interviewer was very nice and wanted to make sure that not only I was a good fit for them but that they were a good fit for me. I had an in person interview a few weeks later with two interviewers. I was expecting questions but they both just sat down and said "go ahead." so i started going through my portfolio and one of the interviews got up and left in the middle of my interview while the other one stayed and showed me around the office and thanked me. I heard back about a week after.

Interview Question – There were no questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They sent me an offer letter and I accepted. I did not negotiate at all, I felt like it was not an option but the salary was what i expected

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RTKL Associates in January 2011.

Interview Details – online application a must;
very helpful if current office employee help submit the materials to the right people;
be clear and proactive in interviews;
one team may decide not to offer a position, but another team may ask for another interview and give an offer, so don't lose hope;
write a nice post-interview email may add points;

Interview Question – what do you think you are heading to? Project manager, Project designer or Project architect?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is a bit room for salary negotiation, but not by much. The corporate has a range for each level.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview Details – My interview process included only 1 interview followed by e-mail communication. They were quick in making an offer, which I negotiated to increase my salary a little bit.

My first impression was of a very well put together company, they made me feel welcome and the welcome package it's very informative.

I was interviewed by three people at the same time, each assessing certain aspects of my profile.

Interview Question – None. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer which I re-negotiated to include a larger sign-in bonus.

Design Staff Interview

Design Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RTKL Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – interviewer is very nice and questions are professinal.

Interview Question – are you good at hand drawing?   Answer Question

Urban Design Staff Interview

Urban Design Staff

I applied in-person and interviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview Details – one telephonic interview, email conversation

Interview Question – technical question   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RTKL Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was interviewed via phone and as I moved to the next level I was required to provide references. My second and in person interview was with a Principal who was really friendly and down to earth... I really enjoyed learning about the company and the position. I told I would hear from them soon and so far I have not. Would really love to work for this company.

Interview Question – General questions.. I think your references speak for you.   Answer Question

Junior Architect Interview

Junior Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview Details – A survey is required for references if you get an initial interview. The first interview was casual with an associate. We talked about my work as a student, my study abroad travels, and what I envisioned for my future. The second interview was with the principal and two associates and although casual and free flowing chat, it was also a bit more in depth with more future career moves. The people I met with were very nice and warm. I was offered a position, but took another job with a different firm. I almost wish I would have gone with RTKL.

Interview Question – How do you want your career to evolve and grow.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at RTKL Associates in March 2010.

Interview Details – school workfair

Interview Question – not too many questions, basically I introduced my works for 30 mins, they were prety interested and patient   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much, the offer was nice, you know , in 2010

Associate Interview

Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RTKL Associates in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hired through a head hunter. Went through one interview with two vice-presidents present. Cordial and friendly in interview. The company has a great deal of forms you will need to fill out on the acceptance of an offer. They present themsevles very well as an employer however I found the workplace cold and impersonal once I got to working there. The leadership is very poor. and the warm welcome is quickly lost upon beginning work there.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a offer with a salary number they would not raise the number.

Interior Designer Interview

Interior Designer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RTKL Associates in April 2010.

Interview Details – I have interviewed, or tried to, on three separate occasions with RTKL. In two different cities, in three separate studios. First one, they informed me at the interview that they weren't hiring but wanted to meet me anyway. Thanks for wasting my time! At the very least they should have informed me that it was an informational interview only and let me make a decision as to whether or not I wanted to accept the invitation. Second interview, they called the morning of to confirm. I arrived about an hour later, and they cancelled the interview, saying there was a misunderstanding about their intent to hire. Third time, I arrived and the interviewer had a 'design emergency' and so I just met with some random person who had no idea what they were looking for in a candidate nor had any input on who to hire. Total waste of my time again. In conclusion, I've reached the impression that RTKL uses its size to mistreat people.

Interview Questions

Worked for RTKL Associates? Contribute to the Community!