RTKL Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.3

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RTKL Associates (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very sloppy and in professional interview process. I kinda felt like they liked me before they saw what I looked like. I received a phone interview and everything went fine. I was later asked for an in person interview. Keep in mind during this process the hr manager and hiring manager kept in touch with me with no issues. During the in person interview I was asked a few questions and given a fee scenarios. I left the interview feeling good. I waited for about three weeks with no reponse so I finally Emailed the hr manager for an update. Never heard a word from her. I think it's sad how some companies handle their interview process.

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview

Sloppy overall...interview was re-scheduled a couple of times, then I was left in the waiting area for about 30mins. when the day did arrive. Process took about 2 hours (not including my time getting to and from and their lateness) only to not hear back. I believe with formal, in-person interviews, it is with class to acknowledge and notify the interviewed applicant of their status--a very small considerate gesture to which RTKL apparently could not do. In looking at the overall reviews, does not look like an ideal place to work at and I saw that their was swift turnover for the position that I had interviewed for. My advice is don't be smitten by the slick looking office environment--focus on the actual work that you would be doing along with the people you will be working with on a daily basis.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Miami, FL).

Interview

After I completed my online application I didn't hear back for more than two weeks, so I followed up over the phone, discovered and resolved the issue holding them up. Two weeks later I received an event invite, for an interview the next day. It went well though I didn't have a hard copy of portfolio with me. They took me on a tour around the office, and then I didn't hear back for more than a week. Their chosen method of rejection is to send you a form email on a sunday night.

Design Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online and heard back approximately 3 weeks later and had a phone interview. My interviewer was very nice and wanted to make sure that not only I was a good fit for them but that they were a good fit for me. I had an in person interview a few weeks later with two interviewers. I was expecting questions but they both just sat down and said "go ahead." so i started going through my portfolio and one of the interviews got up and left in the middle of my interview while the other one stayed and showed me around the office and thanked me. I heard back about a week after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter and I accepted. I did not negotiate at all, I felt like it was not an option but the salary was what i expected

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back approximately 3 weeks later and had an interview. My interviewers were very nice and wanted to make sure that not only I was a good fit for them but that they were a good fit for me. They talked about the firm and them they ask me to present my work. They showed me around the office and thanked me. I heard back about two week after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They sent me an offer letter and I accepted because it was what I expected.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Dallas, TX).

Interview

My interview process included only 1 interview followed by e-mail communication. They were quick in making an offer, which I negotiated to increase my salary a little bit.

My first impression was of a very well put together company, they made me feel welcome and the welcome package it's very informative.

I was interviewed by three people at the same time, each assessing certain aspects of my profile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer which I re-negotiated to include a larger sign-in bonus.

Urban Design Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RTKL Associates.

Interview

one telephonic interview, email conversation

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A survey is required for references if you get an initial interview. The first interview was casual with an associate. We talked about my work as a student, my study abroad travels, and what I envisioned for my future. The second interview was with the principal and two associates and although casual and free flowing chat, it was also a bit more in depth with more future career moves. The people I met with were very nice and warm. I was offered a position, but took another job with a different firm. I almost wish I would have gone with RTKL.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RTKL Associates in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed via phone and as I moved to the next level I was required to provide references. My second and in person interview was with a Principal who was really friendly and down to earth... I really enjoyed learning about the company and the position. I told I would hear from them soon and so far I have not. Would really love to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• General questions.. I think your references speak for you.   Answer Question

Design Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RTKL Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

interviewer is very nice and questions are professinal.