RTKL Associates

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.3

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates.

After I completed my online application I didn't hear back for more than two weeks, so I followed up over the phone, discovered and resolved the issue holding them up. Two weeks later I received an event invite, for an interview the next day. It went well though I didn't have a hard copy of portfolio with me. They took me on a tour around the office, and then I didn't hear back for more than a week. Their chosen method of rejection is to send you a form email on a sunday night.

Design Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates.

I applied online and heard back approximately 3 weeks later and had a phone interview. My interviewer was very nice and wanted to make sure that not only I was a good fit for them but that they were a good fit for me. I had an in person interview a few weeks later with two interviewers. I was expecting questions but they both just sat down and said "go ahead." so i started going through my portfolio and one of the interviews got up and left in the middle of my interview while the other one stayed and showed me around the office and thanked me. I heard back about a week after.

Interview Questions
    They sent me an offer letter and I accepted. I did not negotiate at all, I felt like it was not an option but the salary was what i expected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates in June 2014.

I applied online and heard back approximately 3 weeks later and had an interview. My interviewers were very nice and wanted to make sure that not only I was a good fit for them but that they were a good fit for me. They talked about the firm and them they ask me to present my work. They showed me around the office and thanked me. I heard back about two week after.

Interview Questions
    They sent me an offer letter and I accepted because it was what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates.

My interview process included only 1 interview followed by e-mail communication. They were quick in making an offer, which I negotiated to increase my salary a little bit.

My first impression was of a very well put together company, they made me feel welcome and the welcome package it's very informative.

I was interviewed by three people at the same time, each assessing certain aspects of my profile.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer which I re-negotiated to include a larger sign-in bonus.

Urban Design Staff Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at RTKL Associates.

one telephonic interview, email conversation

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates.

A survey is required for references if you get an initial interview. The first interview was casual with an associate. We talked about my work as a student, my study abroad travels, and what I envisioned for my future. The second interview was with the principal and two associates and although casual and free flowing chat, it was also a bit more in depth with more future career moves. The people I met with were very nice and warm. I was offered a position, but took another job with a different firm. I almost wish I would have gone with RTKL.

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RTKL Associates in February 2014.

I applied online and was interviewed via phone and as I moved to the next level I was required to provide references. My second and in person interview was with a Principal who was really friendly and down to earth... I really enjoyed learning about the company and the position. I told I would hear from them soon and so far I have not. Would really love to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • General questions.. I think your references speak for you.   Answer Question

Design Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RTKL Associates in February 2014.

interviewer is very nice and questions are professinal.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RTKL Associates in December 2012.

Hired through a head hunter. Went through one interview with two vice-presidents present. Cordial and friendly in interview. The company has a great deal of forms you will need to fill out on the acceptance of an offer. They present themsevles very well as an employer however I found the workplace cold and impersonal once I got to working there. The leadership is very poor. and the warm welcome is quickly lost upon beginning work there.

Interview Questions
    There was a offer with a salary number they would not raise the number.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RTKL Associates in January 2011.

online application a must;
    very helpful if current office employee help submit the materials to the right people;
    be clear and proactive in interviews;
    one team may decide not to offer a position, but another team may ask for another interview and give an offer, so don't lose hope;
    write a nice post-interview email may add points;

Interview Questions
    • what do you think you are heading to? Project manager, Project designer or Project architect?   View Answer
    there is a bit room for salary negotiation, but not by much. The corporate has a range for each level.