RW Lynch

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at RW Lynch in November 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process seemed professional. Clean, pleasant atmosphere, atrium in the building, nice staff, rock and roll music piped throughout the building. Monitors on the wall track the real-time productivity numbers of each sales person.

Interview Question – If one of your co-workers was struggling with their sales, would you cheer them on and help, or focus on yourself?   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RW Lynch in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with an HR rep that was not an actual employee of the company, but a contract employee. She was let go within 6 weeks of my hire. Set for an interview with the local GM, then a second interview with both local managers.

Interview Question – All very standard questions - very sales orientated. No problem saying that you are money motivated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable, though I did try to increase base.

National Accounts Manager Interview

San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RW Lynch in December 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted to do an initial phone interview of a 10 minutes or so. The next step was a one on one with the HR Director. This was your typical first interview with a lot of general questions however, she considers herself to be a person who has great instincts on the people she interviews. She's the kind of person who is never wrong. This is the person you have to impress the most. I suggest you present yourself in the most professional manner possible. Bring in a portfolio of your successes along with multiple resumes and a coffee to impress her. The next interview was with the HR Director initially and then the Company President. This interview took 45 minutes to an hour. If you made it to this interview, all you have to do is simply act professionally and show a backbone about how you would handle your employees and you will get his approval. This guy can be easily sold. The final interview is with the HR Director and the CFO and is where they discuss your pay with you.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would motivate a disengaged employee?   View Answer
  • Show me your marketing/sales plan for the first year of your tenure in this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is when they totally confuse you on how you are going to get paid. This is the most critical part of the process. I suggest you ask for the last 2-3 years of commissions earned by the preceeding NAM as a comparison on how much you will be paid. You will find that $30K is the max. Given that, I would suggest you suggest monthly bonuses for you to hit your minumum sales number. The company offers bonuses to your sales people on a very regular basis of 1000-2500/month if they sell 2 units or more. That should tell you how difficult a sale this is. Get a bonus if you sell more than 10 units of $1500 or so. This should earn you an additional 10-15K / year.

You should know that you can negotiate up to 3 weeks of vacation; they will only offer you one. You will get a full benefit package but the HR Director likes to switch providers every year so be prepared to change doctors and dentists often.

I would also ask for a regularly planned meeting between you and the company President to review your performance. Every 90 days is what I would suggest. This company will write you up for performance as well as behavior so make sure you have a documented history of your meetings with anyone in management. Record them with audio or on paper and have the other department heads sign off on your documentation. You can't be paranoid enough with this group.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RW Lynch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RW Lynch interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by RW Lynch employees and interview candidates.