RWE npower

www.rwenpower.com

RWE npower Interview Questions

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

One round interview which included competency based questions, review of CV and a short presentation on the software development lifecycle which was given in the interview, with 30 minutes to prepare. Professional interviewers and friendly, however feedback was delayed and difficult to get responses.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview, no unexpected or questions designed to catch you out.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Graduate Quantitative Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower in February 2013.

Applied online, had a telephone interview and was invited to the assessment day in Suilhull office. The day consisted of a 2-1 interview (with a junior and hiring manager), logic test (common sense maths test), presentation and group exercise.

Interview: It had 2 parts, competency and technical. The latter weighs more than the former. The latter topics include (not exhaustively) Volatility modelling, forward curve analysis, non-linear (but parametric) regression techniques, Brownian motion, stochastic calculus. For the competency questions, one must be able to give examples directly related to quantitative risk. Even for a simple question such as "give me an example when you had to work in a team," better to give an example from a coursework in mathematical finance than an example from your extracurricular activity or work experience as a barmaid.

Logic test: This consists of a series of common sense mathematics questions such as how many squares are there in a chess-board.

Presentation: Once you pass the telephone interview with the HR, you are sent a topic of your presentation. You will then have to present this to 2 assessors. Because of the nature of the graduate programme, there seemed to exist right and wrong answers to the topic.

Group exercise: In a team of 4 - 7, you are asked to fill out 10X10 grid. You are given partial information about the complete grid and are allowed to communicate with your team members only verbally.

Overall, the whole process is pleasant. It's great that the company reimburses the travel costs. The assessment day began at 8am, so many stayed in Birmingham overnight. The company paid for the hotel as well (as long as the total travel cost was less than £100). You will need to keep the receipts though.

My advice is you don't necessarily have to know much about nPower or RWE to get an offer. You need to be familiar with financial mathematics. Spend less time on researching the company. Spend more time refreshing your memory. It's difficult to answer the technical questions if you are already graduated some time ago (your memory fades away).

One negative is You have to have an obligatory lunch with assessors (so you can never relax) and you have to pretend that you want to know more about the job even though you don't even have an offer yet.

Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RWE npower in March 2012.

My phone interview was for the 2012 graduate scheme. Two weeks after i submited my application i got an email saying they would like to have a phone interview in order to process my application.

I booked tha date on their site and i got the call exactly the time i had booked. The interviewer was a young guy part of the recruitment team. He took notes of my answers in order to forwrd them to the recruiting manager.

The questions were 8 in total and they were separated in two parts. The first was about my reasons to have chosen Npower.
    Why choose engineering, the energy sector, why Npower in particular and what set of skills would i need for the particular position.
    The second part were competency based questions about
    1. Focus
    2. Driving performance, timeline
    3. Organisational skills
    4. Sharing ideas

Overall, i felt really relaxed during the interview and the interviewer was really polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • A time when i had to bring someone to my way of thinking.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer - Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RWE npower in February 2012.

I was a bit confused by the last questions.

What skills do you need for the chosen position? (marketing)
    I started talking and giving examples but the interviewer stopped me and said she will ask for examples in the next question. By the time I finished my answer I forgot what skills I was talking about and got lost :(
    Then she asked for examples of the mentioned skills.

And the last question was about skills I wanted to develop (or weaknesses).

Operations Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower in December 2011.

Very pleasant interview experience. Seems like it would be a nice learning environment. I was asked a mix of competency (when did you explain to someone something complicated in a simple way, how did you go out of your way to help a colleague...) and technical questions (financial instruments, asset valuation...). Even during the interview I felt as though the interviewer at one point was taking on the role of a mentor when trying to get me to give the correct answer. Had to do a presentation. Got positive feedback however they went with someone who they found to match their skills more closely.

Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RWE npower in May 2011.

Reasonable. Just make sure that you understand the business.

Interview Questions
    Relaxing. I was selling myself, they we buying. We found concensus.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower in September 2010.

All day interview - Math and English test

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at RWE npower in June 2010.

informal discussion with the head of department about the role and my professional history. Recruited internally for the role but in the past have done assessment centres and numeracy and literacy tests for previous roles

Interview Questions
    • it was pretty standard based around the internal company competencies   Answer Question
    company car allowance, slight increase on base salary originally offered

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RWE npower in February 2010.

Had an online aptitude test and a competency-based telephone interview.