RWE npower Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring process contains initial screening of applicants' CVs. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview/presentation. Presentation topic was given on the spot, half an hour was given for the preparation for a 15 minute presentation. Topic related related to the project/programme I applied for (project challenges, risks and issues and how I will deal with them). Interview was competency based with 10 questions testing you on project management skills

Bespoke Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RWE npower (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

An online application was followed by a verbal and situational online test. Passing these two stages then led to a telephone interview and finally an assessment centre. The assessment day involved a strengths based presentation, 1-2-1 interview, in-tray exercise and a group activity. This lasts a whole day and it's quite intense but the time does fly.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions really - just be well prepared on the market and their products/services.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

One interview an hour in duration started with a short presentation based on project roles and responsibilities closing with competency based questions and a discussion on previous roles held and experience. Took too long in responding. very hard to get hold of post interview, seemed uninterested.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One round interview which included competency based questions, review of CV and a short presentation on the software development lifecycle which was given in the interview, with 30 minutes to prepare. Professional interviewers and friendly, however feedback was delayed and difficult to get responses.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview, no unexpected or questions designed to catch you out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RWE npower in March 2012.

Interview

My phone interview was for the 2012 graduate scheme. Two weeks after i submited my application i got an email saying they would like to have a phone interview in order to process my application. I booked tha date on their site and i got the call exactly the time i had booked. The interviewer was a young guy part of the recruitment team. He took notes of my answers in order to forwrd them to the recruiting manager. The questions were 8 in total and they were separated in two parts. The first was about my reasons to have chosen Npower. Why choose engineering, the energy sector, why Npower in particular and what set of skills would i need for the particular position. The second part were competency based questions about 1. Focus 2. Driving performance, timeline 3. Organisational skills 4. Sharing ideas Overall, i felt really relaxed during the interview and the interviewer was really polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• A time when i had to bring someone to my way of thinking.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RWE npower in February 2012.

Interview

I was a bit confused by the last questions. What skills do you need for the chosen position? (marketing) I started talking and giving examples but the interviewer stopped me and said she will ask for examples in the next question. By the time I finished my answer I forgot what skills I was talking about and got lost :( Then she asked for examples of the mentioned skills. And the last question was about skills I wanted to develop (or weaknesses).

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower in December 2011.

Interview

Very pleasant interview experience. Seems like it would be a nice learning environment. I was asked a mix of competency (when did you explain to someone something complicated in a simple way, how did you go out of your way to help a colleague...) and technical questions (financial instruments, asset valuation...). Even during the interview I felt as though the interviewer at one point was taking on the role of a mentor when trying to get me to give the correct answer. Had to do a presentation. Got positive feedback however they went with someone who they found to match their skills more closely.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Competency based interview along side a presentation of preset question. Panel of two people. Relaxed and put at ease. Computer skills test . Quick tour of area you would be required to work in. Offer is phoned through to you. Negotiations on salary and benefits ie car allowance. Formal offer posted out for signature .

Interview Questions

• What has the energy minister discussed in parliament this week. How would you manage an objection within your team   Answer Question

Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RWE npower (Swindon, Gloucestershire, South West England, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Reasonable. Just make sure that you understand the business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxing. I was selling myself, they we buying. We found concensus.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RWE npower (Worcester, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

All day interview - Math and English test

Interview Questions

• Wasn't expecting IQ testing   1 Answer