RWTH Aachen

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student

I applied online and interviewed at RWTH Aachen.

Interview Details – did a presentation, talked to group leaders and group members.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Interview

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RWTH Aachen.

Interview Details – There was not interview process. I knew personally the director of the institute and he invited me to lead a research group.

Very Easy Interview

HiWI Job Interview

HiWI Job
Aachen (Germany)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RWTH Aachen in February 2013.

Interview Details – the phd student says he want you, and you are hired

Interview Question – you have to wait a month before the contract is valid,   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Aachen (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RWTH Aachen in October 2010.

Interview Details – interview was on Skype, very friendly Head of department and immediate supervisor, they were very friendly and relaxed asked about family background, research background, papers published and some technical details.

Interview Question – Do you have any published papers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation as there was not much to choose, as everything was previously fixed.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Aachen (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at RWTH Aachen in January 2009.

Interview Details – The candidate needs to make a self-presentation. Afterwards specific questions are asked about the personality. Another important aspects in academic background, therefore it is required to clearly state the achievements on the academic site.

Interview Questions

Worked for RWTH Aachen? Contribute to the Community!