Rabobank

2.8

Data Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rabobank in May 2010.

Spoke with the CIO of Rabobank about the job over the phone. Interview discuss how to build a successful data warehouse. The office was impressive, new building furniture. Nice location. Work culture appeared to be "cautious" as many people appear nervous about telling the truth.

Interview was supposed to last one hour but the CIO could leave his iPhone long enough to discuss an one topic. much less evaluate skills. Our meeting was interrupted by others by several crisis.

Interview Questions
    • How would you talk "up" to Senior Management   View Answer
    • Can you build us a data warehouse yourself, with no help, no staff?   View Answer

The CIO was rude and emotional. His attitude towards others was poor. Not the type of person I would report to. He talked more about his career than mine. He wanted a manager, but really he wanted a data warehouse developer/analyst/business intelligence/data modeler/architect. The pay was poor for the type of job. My assumption is that Rabobank believed that they could pick up cheap talent. Unfortunately every one they place in this position either is demoted or resigns.

Trainee Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank.

Quick and effciient hiring process. One interview and few weeks to get the administartive work in order. I was being recruited for a very specific task in a research project. The interview fell upon checking the match between the task to be done and my understanding of the situation and adequancy of capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • Opinion about the objective of the project and approach to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank in February 2014.

Got forwarded to an interview after sending in my CV and covering letter. Interview was nice and friendly, lasted around 45 minutes with 2 employees, 1 from the banking division and 1 from the human resources department. Questions were based on Rabobank's core competencies; results, cooperation and customer satisfaction, then of course time spent for my own questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were largely as expected, requiring a specific example for each individual question which I found were sometimes hard to think of off the top of my head.   Answer Question

M&A Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rabobank.

The first step consists of mathematical, logical and verbal online tests. They were anyway pretty easy to answer. The second step was a series of interviews directly with people from the team. They tried as well to test my motivation and the reasons why I wanted to work for them, but their questions were mainly technical ones. What I like the most about the selection process, is that you don't need to go through an HR interview before meeting the people you will be working with.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was related to the detailed adjustments you make to the market cap in order to get tho the enterprise value when calculating trading multiples. At that time I didn't have much experience on M&A interviews and valuation techniques, so it was not that easy for me to list and motivate all of these adjustments (e.g. minorities, associates, unfunded pension liabilities, capital leasing, provisions)   Answer Question

Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rabobank.

Via a recruitment agency

Interview Questions
    • Asked impossible questions about "hypothetical" scenarios,   Answer Question

not suitable to my profile

GMP Ratotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank in June 2013.

Interview- SHL- Tech Interview- Assessement day- Final interview

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced anything changed your mindset?   Answer Question

Graduate- Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank.

There are 3 rounds of interview process. Firstly, a HR Round based on resume and profile interests. If this round is cleared then there would be another round of technical interview with Head-Global Financial Markets. Finally, if this round is cleared then there would be a telephonic interview with Global Regional Head.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected or difficult question. Just be clear with the basics and be yourself.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank in October 2012.

Was referred to the HR department by an employee. After a couple of weeks I received a call to organize an interview. I met with a Director in person and then had another two phone interviews with members of the team I was going to join. No suprising questions asked. Overall, everybody was very friendly. A week after the phone interviews, I received a phone call from the Director who offered me thee position.

Rabobank, Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rabobank in September 2012.

No standard questions and not really trained interviewers either

Interview Questions

offer a lower package to my expected salary - so stingy!

Market Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rabobank in August 2012.

Recruiter told me that I would be interviewed by the hiring manager and a colleague of hers.
    It was just her. The first thing she told me was that she had so many CVs and so many people to interview. Although she was friendly I felt that my time was being wasted.
    Travel to interviews is not paid for, even if you come over from another country!

Interview Questions
    • Specific knowledge of Reuters and/or Bloomberg functionality is asked about.   Answer Question