Rabobank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rabobank (Santa Maria, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I received a call on a Tuesday for an in-person interview on the following Friday. The interview was a three person panel. Two of the people on the panel explained their positions, the third and also the main interviewer did not explain his position in the company - even after being asked directly. There was a follow-up call for potentially a second interview. The caller asked, "can you come in for an interview?" and did not expand if it was a second interview or if it was an initial interview for another position I had applied for. I could not make either time because there was very short notice (the following day).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with Chaos?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rabobank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, easy interview. Seemed like they were almost unprepared for the interview. Asked very obscure questions. Interviewer was very serious about their job and wanted to make sure I was too. It was about 30 minutes and about 10 question and then i asked them several questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Data Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Roseville, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke with the CIO of Rabobank about the job over the phone. Interview discuss how to build a successful data warehouse. The office was impressive, new building furniture. Nice location. Work culture appeared to be "cautious" as many people appear nervous about telling the truth. Interview was supposed to last one hour but the CIO could leave his iPhone long enough to discuss an one topic. much less evaluate skills. Our meeting was interrupted by others by several crisis.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk "up" to Senior Management   1 Answer
    • Can you build us a data warehouse yourself, with no help, no staff?   1 Answer

The CIO was rude and emotional. His attitude towards others was poor. Not the type of person I would report to. He talked more about his career than mine. He wanted a manager, but really he wanted a data warehouse developer/analyst/business intelligence/data modeler/architect. The pay was poor for the type of job. My assumption is that Rabobank believed that they could pick up cheap talent. Unfortunately every one they place in this position either is demoted or resigns.

HBO Starter Bedrijven Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zwaagdijk-Oost (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Zwaagdijk-Oost (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

Tijdens het eerste gesprek heb ik mezelf gepresenteerd op een creatieve manier, in de vorm van een elevator pitch. Het tweede gesprek ging meer in op mij als persoon en op de inhoud van de functie.

Interview Questions

• Wat is de reden dat je voor de Rabobank heb gekozen? Waarom heb je voor zakelijk gekozen in plaats van particulier?   Answer Question

MKB en Bedrijvendesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Druten (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Druten (Netherlands)) in January 2015.

Interview

Mailtje gestuurd naar een kennis die vervolgens mijn mailtje doorstuurde naar een medewerker van HR in Druten. Vervolgens heeft deze HR medewerker een mail uitgezet naar managers van verschillende banken waarop een manager reageerde in Druten.

Interview Questions

• Hoe zie jij je toekomst eruit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank in November 2014.

Interview

After initial CV screening you are invited to complete an online assesment focused on calculation and inductive reasoning. You are also asked to complete an SHL personality test. Especially the math questions are important here. After passing this round, you are invited to talk to 2 M&A analysts at the HQ. These interviews include valuation cases where you will have to know relevant formuals by heart. Also, knowing the ins and outs of recent M&A cases is needed.

Interview Questions

• - How would you value a company that is not stock listed? - How do you get the monetary value of goodwill?   Answer Question

Application Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Zeist (Netherlands)) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted via Computer Futures. Send my CV to them, they send to Rabobank. One week later they arrange an interview for the next week. After another week I got the reply. Starting shortly.

Interview Questions

• Went fine, many questions asked to verify my experience. Very friendly. I felt I am a good fit for the culture of the bank. Interview conducted in Dutch and English.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank.

Interview

Quick and effciient hiring process. One interview and few weeks to get the administartive work in order. I was being recruited for a very specific task in a research project. The interview fell upon checking the match between the task to be done and my understanding of the situation and adequancy of capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Opinion about the objective of the project and approach to solve the problem.   Answer Question

M&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rabobank (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process went fast, applied though a recruiter, had 3 times 45 minute face-to-face interviews the following week. Questions were quite standard - why M&A, why Rabobank, why interested in specific sectors, explain extracurriculars and educational background / also some brainteasers from the Vault interview guide / technicals on DCF and multiples valuation, some questions on LBO and Adjusted Present Value (APV) calculation, but nothing a basic corporate finance course wouldn't cover.

Interview Questions

• What was the Greek country risk premium around the financial crisis? Would you use this in the CAMP?   Answer Question

M&A Food & Agri Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rabobank (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in February 2014.

Interview

After an online assesment test you are invited for a 3-round interview (each 30 min), all on the same day. The first talk is about motivation, the second is technical, the last is a small accounting case.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF valuation. How do you get equity value from Enterprise Value? Which gives a higher valuation between CC multiple, transaction multiple and DCF? And what causes the differences in valuation output? Brainteaser (3 enveloppes, which one do you choose after 1 closed enveloppe is removed) 5 different companies with a balance sheet and p/l. Link the right company (i.e. airline, industrial, retail etc) to the right balance sheet with p/l.   1 Answer