RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

I answered a mass email from a recruiter about the opportunity. In the last 6-7 years I have done a fair amount of prediction and data mining work that had to be coupled with combinatorial optimization. The opportunity at RaceTrac was presented as something among those lines but with a focus on the optimization problem. I find their optimization problem to be very interesting!
    I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was a preliminary screening. The second interview was technical and it was mostly about assessing my experience with optimization. After that I interviewed in person at RaceTrac's headquarters.
    The whole interview process and travel experience was great and organized really smoothly and swiftly!

Interview Questions
    • Non of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my experience and my previous closely related work. The software tools used are different than my tools of choice but it was made clear that it is not a problem for both sides.   View Answer
    They were very understanding and accommodating up to a point. It was made clear to me that I am a desired hire, but they consider me expensive. I did tell them that I really like the grand problem they want to solve and if I am happy with the job I would be very focused to derive solutions for its various facets.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in March 2014.

First had an phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. The questions were basic background and industry related questions. About a week later I was asked to come in to have face to face interview with three different people. About a week and a half later asked me to come in and do the same thing with three different people from real estate division. They all asked me the same questions as the first time. Ended up feeling like I kept repeating myself over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that difficult. they want you to ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Three Interviews. First: either phone interview or in person with one Special Projects Manager. General background and behavioral questions.

Second: Part A - Interview with two Special Projects Managers (behavioral questions); Part B - interview with two more Special Projects Managers (similar questions to Part A); Part C: Interview with Special Projects Director (behavioral questions)

Third: Part A - Lunch with Special Projects Director, Special Projects Manager and another Project Analyst; Part B - go to nearby RaceTrac station and talk about what they are doing well and what they need to improve. Do the same for a competitor's gas station.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive a project while still being respectful?   Answer Question

It was a hard decision but I decided to go another way.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in December 2011.

The interview process was very straight forward and to the point. I applied online on a Thursday and the following Monday I received a phone call. By the following Thursday I had an interview. It was very thorough and in depth. I was asked a lot of questions that pertained to my leadership abilities and my previous management experience. It was a great Q&A. I was given the chance to ask many questions and the freedom to open the table up for dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a company owes its associates?   View Answer
    There really wasn't much negotiation because the offer was pretty great. The only thing I didn't realize was how sucky the benefits package was. If it had been presented I definitely would have negotiated those terms.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in August 2009.

The interview process was thorough and efficient. All prospects are escorted into a meeting room and given an application to fill out while a informational video is displayed and repeated telling you of the great benefits of a career with the company. Applicants are escorted by an HR rep to an office for a one on one interview in the order at which they arrived/signed in. The interview process consisted of a lot of Q&A concerning your experience in related fields. There were some hypothetical questions thrown in for gauging your abilities in specific situations. You are given ample opportunity to ask any and all questions you may have about the company. Once the initial interview is completed a secondary interview is conducted at which time you are offered a position and salary. You will be given time if needed to discuss the offer and respond in a reasonable amount of time. Over all it was professional and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a situation when an employee needed disciplinary action?   View Answer
    The store positions are a set salary. Your salary will vary in the form of bonuses taken from the store locations net profits. This can be an excellent bonus opportunity if your in a high volume location. As a swing manager my salary plus bonus netted me a paycheck equal to and often greater than assistant managers in lower volume stores. This posed a real problem when it was time for a promotion as I could not afford the pay cut. Try to stay off of night shift. If you excel in the overnight position it will be difficult to obtain a position to day shift as the night time employees are very inconsistent and have a higher than avg turnover. You can move up quickly if you work consistently and reliably. All expectations are set for you in a clear and concise manner so there is little guess work.

Overnight Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in September 2010.

I completed an online application. I was contacted by phone within a week of completing the application. A breif phone interview lead tho a 1 on interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with and unsatisfied or angry customer?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in July 2010.

Sent resume to hiring manager, phone screen, interview with hiring manager and then introduced to potential colleagues, interviewed with VP and Controller. Simple interview process... no behavior based questions or big assessments. Very laid back which aligns with their culture. Everyone was really nice and it seems like a fun place.

Interview Questions

Got better offer from another company in terms of compensation, opportunity and benefits. Felt the culture was a little too casual.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in September 2010.

HR behavioral interview. Asked questions about experience and resume. She was nice but did not return my phone call when I asked for feedback on why I did not get the offer. I think it was because of pay, they were offering $10K below average and what I was expecting.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in October 2009.

Recieved a call after applying online about a week later. Was asked a couple simple questions like "where do you work now" and "how did you hear about Racetrac?" and then scheduled to meet one on one with the hiring manager. met in the store that i had applied to work at and just talked about previous work experience, availability, and why i was leaving my current job. Then asked "how would handle an upset customer?". then i was told about the pay and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you/have you handle an upset customer?"   View Answer
    none

Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in March 2010.

They were very prompt with getting back to me and very friendly. I enjoyed the interview. it was very laid back and not intimidating. I liked everyone I met. it seemed like a your office and a really good chance to move up in the company

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about my personality and what i did in my free time   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Worked for RaceTrac Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!