RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.8

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went well. The people treat you well. I did get the job offer but later found that I wasn't exactly qualified for what they required. It was only one interview and I was interviewed through a temp agency. They have their own corporate office in a convenient location and it seems the employees have a lot of fun.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked about Excel, I mentioned I was okay with it and that it's been years since I used the complicated processes in a few years. I was kind of thrown into the fire the first day when I realized I needed to study on some Excel again.   Answer Question

Not enough experience

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I answered a mass email from a recruiter about the opportunity. In the last 6-7 years I have done a fair amount of prediction and data mining work that had to be coupled with combinatorial optimization. The opportunity at RaceTrac was presented as something among those lines but with a focus on the optimization problem. I find their optimization problem to be very interesting!
    I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was a preliminary screening. The second interview was technical and it was mostly about assessing my experience with optimization. After that I interviewed in person at RaceTrac's headquarters.
    The whole interview process and travel experience was great and organized really smoothly and swiftly!

Interview Questions

• Non of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my experience and my previous closely related work. The software tools used are different than my tools of choice but it was made clear that it is not a problem for both sides.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very understanding and accommodating up to a point. It was made clear to me that I am a desired hire, but they consider me expensive. I did tell them that I really like the grand problem they want to solve and if I am happy with the job I would be very focused to derive solutions for its various facets.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

First had an phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. The questions were basic background and industry related questions. About a week later I was asked to come in to have face to face interview with three different people. About a week and a half later asked me to come in and do the same thing with three different people from real estate division. They all asked me the same questions as the first time. Ended up feeling like I kept repeating myself over and over.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that difficult. they want you to ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Three Interviews. First: either phone interview or in person with one Special Projects Manager. General background and behavioral questions.

Second: Part A - Interview with two Special Projects Managers (behavioral questions); Part B - interview with two more Special Projects Managers (similar questions to Part A); Part C: Interview with Special Projects Director (behavioral questions)

Third: Part A - Lunch with Special Projects Director, Special Projects Manager and another Project Analyst; Part B - go to nearby RaceTrac station and talk about what they are doing well and what they need to improve. Do the same for a competitor's gas station.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive a project while still being respectful?   Answer Question

It was a hard decision but I decided to go another way.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and to the point. I applied online on a Thursday and the following Monday I received a phone call. By the following Thursday I had an interview. It was very thorough and in depth. I was asked a lot of questions that pertained to my leadership abilities and my previous management experience. It was a great Q&A. I was given the chance to ask many questions and the freedom to open the table up for dialogue.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a company owes its associates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't much negotiation because the offer was pretty great. The only thing I didn't realize was how sucky the benefits package was. If it had been presented I definitely would have negotiated those terms.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

HR behavioral interview. Asked questions about experience and resume. She was nice but did not return my phone call when I asked for feedback on why I did not get the offer. I think it was because of pay, they were offering $10K below average and what I was expecting.

Overnight Shift Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I completed an online application. I was contacted by phone within a week of completing the application. A breif phone interview lead tho a 1 on interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with and unsatisfied or angry customer?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Sent resume to hiring manager, phone screen, interview with hiring manager and then introduced to potential colleagues, interviewed with VP and Controller. Simple interview process... no behavior based questions or big assessments. Very laid back which aligns with their culture. Everyone was really nice and it seems like a fun place.

Interview Questions

Got better offer from another company in terms of compensation, opportunity and benefits. Felt the culture was a little too casual.

Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

They were very prompt with getting back to me and very friendly. I enjoyed the interview. it was very laid back and not intimidating. I liked everyone I met. it seemed like a your office and a really good chance to move up in the company

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my personality and what i did in my free time   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

Recieved a call after applying online about a week later. Was asked a couple simple questions like "where do you work now" and "how did you hear about Racetrac?" and then scheduled to meet one on one with the hiring manager. met in the store that i had applied to work at and just talked about previous work experience, availability, and why i was leaving my current job. Then asked "how would handle an upset customer?". then i was told about the pay and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• "How would you/have you handle an upset customer?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

none