RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.4

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in July 2014.

The interview went well. The people treat you well. I did get the job offer but later found that I wasn't exactly qualified for what they required. It was only one interview and I was interviewed through a temp agency. They have their own corporate office in a convenient location and it seems the employees have a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked about Excel, I mentioned I was okay with it and that it's been years since I used the complicated processes in a few years. I was kind of thrown into the fire the first day when I realized I needed to study on some Excel again.   Answer Question

Not enough experience

Night Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Simple, anybody can pass. 1 on 2, sometimes just one on one. Normally at a store location during the hours of 10 to 3. Quick no more than 8 minutes and they may give you a store walkthrough if it is not busy

"your're hired"

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

I answered a mass email from a recruiter about the opportunity. In the last 6-7 years I have done a fair amount of prediction and data mining work that had to be coupled with combinatorial optimization. The opportunity at RaceTrac was presented as something among those lines but with a focus on the optimization problem. I find their optimization problem to be very interesting!
    I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was a preliminary screening. The second interview was technical and it was mostly about assessing my experience with optimization. After that I interviewed in person at RaceTrac's headquarters.
    The whole interview process and travel experience was great and organized really smoothly and swiftly!

Interview Questions
    • Non of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my experience and my previous closely related work. The software tools used are different than my tools of choice but it was made clear that it is not a problem for both sides.   View Answer
    They were very understanding and accommodating up to a point. It was made clear to me that I am a desired hire, but they consider me expensive. I did tell them that I really like the grand problem they want to solve and if I am happy with the job I would be very focused to derive solutions for its various facets.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Very fun and lively interview. Didnt feel like an interview at all. I applied on a Friday and had my interview on a Wednesday and start working that next Monday.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Just be young and good looking and say you will work tons of hours. Be very out going..
    Takes three interviews not very difficult at all. Ask them specific questions regarding actual work life balance and see if the answer the question.
    Just smile a lot and be enthusiastic..

Nothing, everyone gets paid the same salary..

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in April 2014.

I attended an open interview day they were having and spoke with a hiring manager in the store, received a paid group interview/orientation about a month later that was a few hours long, and finally was given 5 paid days of training before they decided to keep me permanently.

Energy and Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vinings, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vinings, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in April 2014.

Phone screening and phone interview very professional. Site interview with director went very well and outlined potential for this new position. Seems like a very good company. Only disappointment was the lack of followup or communications after the interview.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in March 2014.

First had an phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. The questions were basic background and industry related questions. About a week later I was asked to come in to have face to face interview with three different people. About a week and a half later asked me to come in and do the same thing with three different people from real estate division. They all asked me the same questions as the first time. Ended up feeling like I kept repeating myself over and over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that difficult. they want you to ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

1. Apply online
    7. You will do to one week in a training store
    8. If you pass the training at the training store you are sent to your store

There was not one.

Special Projects Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in February 2014.

I applied on their website. They called and did an initial phone screening getting basic information about the job and explaining how I might qualify for the role The initial call was with an HR employee. I then did two more phone interviews with hiring managers before being invited to the office to do an office interview with a panel of hiring managers. Their HR were kind and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Worked for RaceTrac Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!