RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.4

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in January 2015.

Very basic online application, that was filled out in less than 30 minutes. After about 2 weeks they called back and did a brief phone screen interview, then requested that I come in for a 1:1 interview. The interview process was pretty basic, and very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What should a company provide employees, how late can you work, what was the hardest customer you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

One of the best processes I've been involved in. Detailed multiple interviews. This company is well represented. And I'm happy to be employed by them. They did not speak to me as if they were better than me. Very approachable which made the whole process detailed but comfortable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in October 2014.

I know i filled out an application for at least 3 of the nearby Racetracs for me. I received a call within the next 3 days from the Homosassa location. A few simple starter questions were asked and before getting off the the phone I was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 racetrac employees and they were friendly and full of energy. After maybe 15 mins of interviewing, we shook hands and they told me if I was qualified, they would call me by 6 pm that night. They called me within 30 mins, not even an hour later with an opportunity for a 2nd interview, with the racetrac closer to home. I was pretty happy about that, I wasn't expecting a call back that quick or for them to try and get me into one closer to me. The 2nd interview was for the following day, I went in and met the manager and 2 co-workers there and it was just awesome all over again. Again friendly and full of energy and this time I had to wait maybe an hour in a half to 2 hours for a call back, so super nervous hahaha. Got a call back and was told when orientation started, only part of orientation I didn't like, was having to go to Tampa but overall it was all good. In my 2nd day of training right now and got 2 more to go. So yea everything seems to be going good.

Racetrac Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in October 2014.

You apply online.
    You'll participate in a phone interview.
    You'll receive a phone call and meet with a district manager at a store in your area.
    If you do well with that you'll receive another phone call telling you to report to the store you'll be working at to meet the store manager.
    If all goes well you'll be scheduled for the next orientation and meet at the HQ nearest to you and you're all set.
    *you also need a liquor license before orientation

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of box. Mostly just talked to the guy about books and music. I think they just want to get a vibe for who you are.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in July 2014.

The interview went well. The people treat you well. I did get the job offer but later found that I wasn't exactly qualified for what they required. It was only one interview and I was interviewed through a temp agency. They have their own corporate office in a convenient location and it seems the employees have a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked about Excel, I mentioned I was okay with it and that it's been years since I used the complicated processes in a few years. I was kind of thrown into the fire the first day when I realized I needed to study on some Excel again.   Answer Question

Not enough experience

Night Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Simple, anybody can pass. 1 on 2, sometimes just one on one. Normally at a store location during the hours of 10 to 3. Quick no more than 8 minutes and they may give you a store walkthrough if it is not busy

"your're hired"

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

I answered a mass email from a recruiter about the opportunity. In the last 6-7 years I have done a fair amount of prediction and data mining work that had to be coupled with combinatorial optimization. The opportunity at RaceTrac was presented as something among those lines but with a focus on the optimization problem. I find their optimization problem to be very interesting!
    I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was a preliminary screening. The second interview was technical and it was mostly about assessing my experience with optimization. After that I interviewed in person at RaceTrac's headquarters.
    The whole interview process and travel experience was great and organized really smoothly and swiftly!

Interview Questions
    • Non of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my experience and my previous closely related work. The software tools used are different than my tools of choice but it was made clear that it is not a problem for both sides.   View Answer
    They were very understanding and accommodating up to a point. It was made clear to me that I am a desired hire, but they consider me expensive. I did tell them that I really like the grand problem they want to solve and if I am happy with the job I would be very focused to derive solutions for its various facets.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Very fun and lively interview. Didnt feel like an interview at all. I applied on a Friday and had my interview on a Wednesday and start working that next Monday.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Just be young and good looking and say you will work tons of hours. Be very out going..
    Takes three interviews not very difficult at all. Ask them specific questions regarding actual work life balance and see if the answer the question.
    Just smile a lot and be enthusiastic..

Nothing, everyone gets paid the same salary..

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in April 2014.

I attended an open interview day they were having and spoke with a hiring manager in the store, received a paid group interview/orientation about a month later that was a few hours long, and finally was given 5 paid days of training before they decided to keep me permanently.