RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Asked to do a phone screening/ interview. Then asked to a formal interview. The peon interviewing me asked generic questions she probably got off of google. When asked if I had any questions I had plenty, she had no clue how to answer me. After the interview I was asked to a 2nd interview 2 weeks later and I already had plans so I asked to reschedule, she said "Humm really this could be a big opportunity and your asking to reschedule? Are you sure?" Finally we agreed on a time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?.....really is this a date? What made you apply with us.   Answer Question

BI Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screening with the HR Manager making sure my experience and qualifications fit the position. I was called back a few days later by the HR manager to come in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. A few days later I was called back for a meeting with the department director.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why did you leave your previous job? Q. How did you hear about the opening? Q. Tell me about your previous job experience?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview

The interview was easy. Very friendly people. Really strict about personal appearance. It was outside on the patio and almost everyone was a supervisor trying to speak with you see what you're about. Make sure to cover or take out all piercings and tattoos because they are really strict on whether or not to hire you. It's pretty much a deal breaker if manager sees it. Really amazing staff and company to grow in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Any visible tattoos or piercings? What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview

Very casual, talked inside the store out in the open Talked about orientation and store responsibility About 5 or 6 questions about past experiences and then you are able to ask questions about Racetrac

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Pinellas Park, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pleasant but misleading.A lot of the things they said were good about the company was a croc.They pitch a big talk.But don't walk the walk.Yes the interview was great.But not informative.I delivered on what I promised at the interview.Racetrac has not.This company really needs to practice what they preach.

Interview Questions

• Why Did I apply at Racetrac.   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in January 2015.

Interview

Very basic online application, that was filled out in less than 30 minutes. After about 2 weeks they called back and did a brief phone screen interview, then requested that I come in for a 1:1 interview. The interview process was pretty basic, and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What should a company provide employees, how late can you work, what was the hardest customer you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Employee Culture Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was responded to via email by the next day. We set up a time that mutually worked well for the both of us to "chat". It was a initial phone interview. The interviewer asked the typical questions about my work history, background etc. The conversation was generally pleasant although I did not receive an offer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview

One of the best processes I've been involved in. Detailed multiple interviews. This company is well represented. And I'm happy to be employed by them. They did not speak to me as if they were better than me. Very approachable which made the whole process detailed but comfortable.

Racetrac Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Metairie, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

You apply online. You'll participate in a phone interview. You'll receive a phone call and meet with a district manager at a store in your area. If you do well with that you'll receive another phone call telling you to report to the store you'll be working at to meet the store manager. If all goes well you'll be scheduled for the next orientation and meet at the HQ nearest to you and you're all set. *you also need a liquor license before orientation

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of box. Mostly just talked to the guy about books and music. I think they just want to get a vibe for who you are.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in October 2014.

Interview

I know i filled out an application for at least 3 of the nearby Racetracs for me. I received a call within the next 3 days from the Homosassa location. A few simple starter questions were asked and before getting off the the phone I was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 racetrac employees and they were friendly and full of energy. After maybe 15 mins of interviewing, we shook hands and they told me if I was qualified, they would call me by 6 pm that night. They called me within 30 mins, not even an hour later with an opportunity for a 2nd interview, with the racetrac closer to home. I was pretty happy about that, I wasn't expecting a call back that quick or for them to try and get me into one closer to me. The 2nd interview was for the following day, I went in and met the manager and 2 co-workers there and it was just awesome all over again. Again friendly and full of energy and this time I had to wait maybe an hour in a half to 2 hours for a call back, so super nervous hahaha. Got a call back and was told when orientation started, only part of orientation I didn't like, was having to go to Tampa but overall it was all good. In my 2nd day of training right now and got 2 more to go. So yea everything seems to be going good.