RaceTrac Petroleum

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in May 2012.

Interview Details – It's very easy, simply portray or present a strong teamwork mentality. Speak clearly and smile. You have the job, they hire nearly anyone without dreads locks or face tattoos.

Interview Question – The most difficult question during the interview was what could I bring to the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had dread locks and was given the option to cut them and accept the job, i felt that i was very well literate enough to handle the job and shouldn't have had to cut my hair. It wasn't too stand-off'ish but i agreed to cut my hair. I feel that the dress code should accept dread locks at least for night associates.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – 1. Apply online
2. Called for general information and to set-up a interview
3. Interviewed in store
4. Will call if you receive the job
5. Job do a background check
6. After background you will have a orientation in main office
7. You will do to one week in a training store
8. If you pass the training at the training store you are sent to your store

Interview Question – What is your worst quality and how can you change it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one.

Store Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a week later for the phone interview. Two days after that, I had my 1:1 interview which took roughly 30 to 45 minutes. It went well. I didn't hear from them again until two weeks later via email stating about orientation. After orientation, you are given your training schedule, which is for a week, and at the end of training you find out if you're a good fit for the company or not.

Only one person does the hiring and interview process throughout the region for each region. So don't get discouraged if you haven't heard back from them right away.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for RaceTrac? How long do you plan on working with us? Tell me of a time when you had a WOW experience.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – There are two interview processes. First, the Hiring Manager will ask about how your previous job experience will help benefit the company. They look for that personality that makes them go wow. If you past this, you meet with your store manager (and sometimes with the co-manager) and they ask you questions as well.

Interview Question – Some store managers will ask you to greet customers that walk into the store. This is they're way of seeing if you will shy away or if you are very outgoing. Note, you will not be in a Racetrac uniform but in your own clothes, so some interviewees get very uncomfortable because of this. They like to ask you about different scenarios, like how you diffused a difficult situation, how you went out your way to help a customer. Overall, where do you see yourself with Racetrac?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – Three Interviews. First: either phone interview or in person with one Special Projects Manager. General background and behavioral questions.

Second: Part A - Interview with two Special Projects Managers (behavioral questions); Part B - interview with two more Special Projects Managers (similar questions to Part A); Part C: Interview with Special Projects Director (behavioral questions)

Third: Part A - Lunch with Special Projects Director, Special Projects Manager and another Project Analyst; Part B - go to nearby RaceTrac station and talk about what they are doing well and what they need to improve. Do the same for a competitor's gas station.

Interview Question – How would you drive a project while still being respectful?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a hard decision but I decided to go another way.

Very Easy Interview

Night Manager Interview

Night Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – very simple interview process. orientation takes about 6 hours so be prepared to be bored out of your mind.

Interview Question – what other job experiences did you have?   Answer Question

Okeechobee, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very interesting, the hiring manager overall made me very comfortable in expressing my thoughts and it felt more like a conversation. To my surprise my interview was actually inside a RaceTrac location. It was very hard to pay close attention to the question due to the constant interruptions, the positive to this was I was able to spend time observe the culture. The environment is very fast paced, full of happy team members that all seem to share the same desire to please the customers. Some of the questions that I was asked were based on the companies core values ( Please describe a time were you had to be honest with a supervisor or co-worker and it gave you uncomfortable, Tell me about a time your had a miscommunication with a co-worker, Share with me your biggest accomplishment, what motivates you)The answers to the questions must be detailed. I was then taken on a walk of the store and met the team. The position details were shared with me and some of RaceTrac history. I then received a phone call back for a second interview ( they call it an RJP)to spend with the store manager. It was another store walk and time for me to find out if this was the place for me.

Interview Question – What will you bring to RaceTrac that will help us grow the business forward?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The starting pay is 9.00 for this position, with great benefits and opportunity for growth.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview went great. Had to stand up in the back of the store. But i guess that's getting you prepared for the job. Also asked questions about previous work history. Would you still see yourself working for RaceTrac in the future. What made you decide to apply to the store. Also what do you think is easiest and hardest about providing customer service.

Interview Question – Also what do you think is easiest and hardest about providing customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be patient with the process. I had to play phone tag. Also had to go into a second interview which was really just a tutorial of the day to day basis of life as a associate.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process were painless and efficient.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Ruskin, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in July 2013.

Interview Details – you will have to go through 2 separate interviews. they ask the usual questions. after you get finished with that you will have to go through orientation the work at a training store which more than likely not be at your store or even in the same city as your store

Interview Question – to me the most difficult question was why did you choose to work for this company?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at RaceTrac Petroleum

Worked for RaceTrac Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RaceTrac Petroleum interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by RaceTrac Petroleum employees and interview candidates.