RaceTrac Petroleum

46 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went through 2 different interviews. The first interview was with a person from HR followed by the hiring manager (separately). The second interview was as series of 3 30 minute session with the VP of the division I would be working in, the hiring manager, and the director of the department I would be working in. These were separate as well.

Interview Question – None really...I talked about nonsense with the VP for the whole 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Energy and Sustainability Manager Interview

Energy and Sustainability Manager
Vinings, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening and phone interview very professional. Site interview with director went very well and outlined potential for this new position. Seems like a very good company. Only disappointment was the lack of followup or communications after the interview.

Night Manager Interview

Night Manager

I applied online and interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – Simple, anybody can pass. 1 on 2, sometimes just one on one. Normally at a store location during the hours of 10 to 3. Quick no more than 8 minutes and they may give you a store walkthrough if it is not busy

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "your're hired"

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Special Projects Intern Interview

Special Projects Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on their website. They called and did an initial phone screening getting basic information about the job and explaining how I might qualify for the role The initial call was with an HR employee. I then did two more phone interviews with hiring managers before being invited to the office to do an office interview with a panel of hiring managers. Their HR were kind and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Operations Research Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – I answered a mass email from a recruiter about the opportunity. In the last 6-7 years I have done a fair amount of prediction and data mining work that had to be coupled with combinatorial optimization. The opportunity at RaceTrac was presented as something among those lines but with a focus on the optimization problem. I find their optimization problem to be very interesting!
I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was a preliminary screening. The second interview was technical and it was mostly about assessing my experience with optimization. After that I interviewed in person at RaceTrac's headquarters.
The whole interview process and travel experience was great and organized really smoothly and swiftly!

Interview Question – Non of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I was asked about my experience and my previous closely related work. The software tools used are different than my tools of choice but it was made clear that it is not a problem for both sides.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were very understanding and accommodating up to a point. It was made clear to me that I am a desired hire, but they consider me expensive. I did tell them that I really like the grand problem they want to solve and if I am happy with the job I would be very focused to derive solutions for its various facets.

Associate Interview

Associate
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – Very fun and lively interview. Didnt feel like an interview at all. I applied on a Friday and had my interview on a Wednesday and start working that next Monday.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Real Estate Analyst
Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in March 2014.

Interview Details – First had an phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. The questions were basic background and industry related questions. About a week later I was asked to come in to have face to face interview with three different people. About a week and a half later asked me to come in and do the same thing with three different people from real estate division. They all asked me the same questions as the first time. Ended up feeling like I kept repeating myself over and over.

Interview Question – Nothing that difficult. they want you to ask a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum.

Interview Details – Just be young and good looking and say you will work tons of hours. Be very out going..
Takes three interviews not very difficult at all. Ask them specific questions regarding actual work life balance and see if the answer the question.
Just smile a lot and be enthusiastic..

Negotiation Details – Nothing, everyone gets paid the same salary..

Very Easy Interview

Guest Service Associate Interview

Guest Service Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in February 2014.

Interview Details – There was only one interview. After I applied online I contacted the regional recruiter. It took a few before I had finally gotten a hold of him. Afterwards we spoke over the phone and set up a 1 on 1 interview. Interview was simple and basic. Very non-threatening and straight-forward.

Negotiation Details – Simple and to the point. After the interview, they just they wanted to extend the offer of a position to me and I said yes.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum in May 2012.

Interview Details – It's very easy, simply portray or present a strong teamwork mentality. Speak clearly and smile. You have the job, they hire nearly anyone without dreads locks or face tattoos.

Interview Question – The most difficult question during the interview was what could I bring to the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had dread locks and was given the option to cut them and accept the job, i felt that i was very well literate enough to handle the job and shouldn't have had to cut my hair. It wasn't too stand-off'ish but i agreed to cut my hair. I feel that the dress code should accept dread locks at least for night associates.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RaceTrac Petroleum

Worked for RaceTrac Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!