Rackspace

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in December 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. After that phone interview, they send you an Excel test which tests you on some advanced Excel functions. After passing that, I was setup for a onsite interview. I reached Rackspace at 9:50 AM for a 10 AM interview. The original room that was assigned for the interview was already occupied and was not expected to be free. So I and the hiring manager walked around that building for nearly 7 minutes before we could find a temporary room.

After a one minute introduction by the manager interviewing me, he straight away started asking me all sorts of logical questions. If I came up with an answer, he would also question my answer and try to make me second guess it. Then after 10 minutes, we were interrupted as the temporary room was assigned to another meeting. Then collected my files and once again walked around that building for 4 minutes before we could find another room. Then once again logical and probability questions were asked. The manager was extremely unfriendly, downright rude and had no respect for my opinions and answers. I felt like he was always trying to trip me up with his follow-up questions.

Next, that second temporary room was booked for a meeting by another party, so once again we were interrupted and had to again walk around for 4 minutes before we found a third interview room. Once again the barrage of logical questions started. After a few minutes another manager joined. He asked me maybe one or two questions, that too the same ones that the previous manager asked. The interview lasted around eight minutes after this second manager joined. I could tell within the first fifteen minutes of the interview that I was going nowhere with this interview.

In summary, this was the most disorganized, distracting, difficult, demeaning and discouraging interview I have ever attended and this Company toots its horn about FANATICAL service! The hiring manager was distracted, rude and disinterested throughout the interview. How about extending some basic courtesy and respect to prospective future employees?

Interview Questions
  • There were no financial questions for a financial analyst position! All crazy logical questions. I understand one or two of these logical questions for a financial role is relevant, but delving only on these for the whole interview is overkill and does not serve any purpose.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rackspace in September 2012.

1) Phone Screening
    2) In person interview with 3 different panels (personality, technical, case study)
    Everything was pretty standard; the interviewers were nice and easy going. The case study was actually pretty fun and interesting.
    Interviewers mentioned they would get back to us within a few days; I waited for over two weeks before I had to follow up and got a one line answer from HR. Frankly for a company that prides itself on providing fanatical support they could do a better job.

Interview Questions