Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.3

Windows Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Three phone interviews. One on-site. They paid for flight and hotel. ~5 hour interview with 6 people (3 groups of 2). Overall, a fairly painless experience. Amazon was far more taxing. If your going to interview, don't be stressed; it won't be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you overcame a difficult situation in the workplace. Blah blah blah.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Pretty short process. Some technical questions to feel me out, but mostly questions to see if I would fit in with their questions. In general some fluff that felt forced from HR. Most of the technical section was pretty neutral. They don't seem to give a reaction to correct or incorrect answers.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then after almost two weeks. said i got the interview chance. 1st round is about behavior question, talking to a general HR person; then after two days, she sent me an excel test; after almost 2 weeks, there was 2nd round, technical and behavior questions together. Final would be on site.

Manager, Fanatical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with applying to the internal post. Hr then contacted to speak to me. Once this piece of was done, I moving into the interview rounds a few weeks later. The interviews consisted of 3 panels, with 3 people in each. The hiring Director, a couple Manger peers, and then direct personnel on the prospective teams. Once this 3 hour block was done, it took about 1 week for HR to get the offer out.

Interview Questions

• describe your 30,60,90. what type of manager methodology would you say describes you.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Prelim Phone talk with recruiter, two phone interviews, one technical, one with manager. Flown out for in person interview in San Antonio for four panel style interviews. -One with two support engineers for infrastructure, -One more practical technical interview (troubleshooting, etc). -One with two sales managers talking about how I deal with people, customers, etc -One with HR and two other Sales Managers

Interview Questions

• Q: How do i show all hosts in Apache   1 Answer

Support Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Lengthy, confusing and consisted of multiple phone and in-person sessions. There was a phone interview asking basic technical questions, then an in-person interview with more in-depth questions, and finally a second in-person interview with members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Very difficult technical questions, although they were more interested in how you reached your conclusion than it being technically accurate. There were lots of "Tell me a time when you..." type questions.   Answer Question

Web Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter, phone interview with potential manager, phone interview with potential manager's boss, in person interviews in San Antonio with 6 people. This was after they initially scheduled in-person interviews with me, then postponed at 5pm the day before the interviews were supposed to have taken place. I had to take a day off from work to travel to San Antonio even though I was told the position was based in Austin. I was given feedback a couple of days later that everything went great, everyone wanted to bring me on board, but they didn't have permission from a headcount or salary perspective to hire me. When I told the recruiter that this was a red flag and not normal, she stated that it was normal for Rackspace. Three weeks later and I haven't heard a peep from them; even after I followed up for a status update I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic stuff: my experience, what I know, what methods I use, etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in July 2015.

Interview

My initial contact with Rackspace was over email where we set up a time for technical pre-screening interview. The time of the interview arrived but the recruiter called me later than she said she would. I was very impressed with the systematized interview questions, arranged into beginner, intermediate and advanced. If I didn't know the answer, the interviewer gave me the answer (which I thought was really considerate as that's a common post-interview questions "what was the answer to that question?"). At the end, she told me I had done better than expected. An interview with the hiring manager was arranged but ultimately fell through when I told them I wanted to work remotely.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Received message from Rackspace on LinkedIn in regards to an open position, exchanged e-mails with Rackspace. Sent my contact information to Rackspace as per their request. The interview was extremely technical, they throw the kitchen sink at you (metaphorically) to gauge your level of networking knowledge and how you react under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with firewalls or load balancing protocls?   Answer Question

Network Security Administrative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very streamlined. I had three interviews total. Two phone interviews, one with someone in HR asking me basic networking questions. Second interview was with someone asking more technical questions. Some of the questions were pretty difficult if you hadn't studied before your interview. Third interview was another technical interview and another interview where you're questioned to see how well you fit in the company, however this one was in person.

Interview Questions

• Lots of switching questions. F5 would have been very handy to know. Even the basics.   Answer Question