Rackspace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Securtiy Analyst II Interview

Securtiy Analyst II
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in November 2013.

Interview Details – Process was very fast. Expect multiple phone interviews and an all day onsite interview process involving several group panel interviews. You will be quizzed on the company, your resume, skills, and the jobs requirements through Q&A and real-world scenarios. More importantly, personality and charisma represent about 75% of the total interview weight- you must fit into Rackspace's culture and core values.

Interview Question – What is the restoration priority for equipment, systems, services, networks as it pertains to a data center?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are several perks to working at Rackspace. To this end, the company is honest about their salaries being slightly under market value.

Latin America Financial Analyst Interview

Latin America Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and the person who interviewed me was nice and it had a good flow but they never contacted me back. I should have prepared better anyways. I might have gotten in trouble when I walked them through my resume.

Interview Question – If you could pick one stock today, which one would it be?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Account Management

I applied online and interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview Details – One round so far - a phone call. Pretty friendly experience directly with the group manager. I expected to talk to an HR/recruiting rep. Process is still ongoing. When I admitted that I might not be a fully-qualified candidate, manager seemed grateful and honest when stating that it has generally been a tough process on their end to find someone who meets all the requirements.

Interview Question – None - it was a pretty casual conversation. I was pleasantly surprised when manager asked me for my reaction to his sales strategy.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Network Security Administrative I Interview

Network Security Administrative I
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. Half of the interview was technical and the other was personal to see if I was a 'fit' for the company. Overall the whole process didn't take long and was went smoothly.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how to deal with teammates who become problematic and how I would deal with them even though I wasn't a manager.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online. Emailed with a recruiter to set up a phone screen, phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager a few days later. After that, I was brought in for a five-hour panel interview with various members of the marketing organization, usually 2 per panel, some in person and others on video conference.

Interview Question – Most questions centered around a "Tell me about a time when you..." type question. One particular panel member was obsessive about every detail of the examples I provided, wrote down exactly what I had said and then quizzed me on my answers again.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rackspace in March 2014.

Interview Details – I spoke to the HR Generalist over the phone for the initial phone screen then visited on site for a One day interview process. Involved 2 groups (3-5 people each) interviewing you, first group including the hiring manager, second group including team members.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed miserably?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Developer - Test III Interview

Software Developer - Test III
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rackspace in July 2013.

Interview Details – The entire interview process takes about 4-5 hours. You interview with between 8 and 10 people, usually in groups of 2 for an hour each.

Some of the interviews involve actual white boarding of code in the language you pick. The others involve problem solving scenerios. Very few of the interviews discuss you, the are more to demonstrate you skills.

Interview Question – They present you with current or recent issues that they had faced to see how you would address it as compared to the solution that was implemented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called on the phone and extended in offer through the HR rep. You made any counters through that person and settled on your package.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Linux Systems Administrator

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rackspace in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process was very welcoming and positive until the team/leads/members interviewed me. I found it a hostile and very dismissive experience. The team members berated, debated and questioned knowledge as if there was no way they could be wrong. After doing linux systems admin and engineering for over 10 years I left and never looking back. I was offered 3 possible jobs, but who would want to work in a hostile environment like that

Interview Questions

• Explain why someone would want to use SKIM neutral signatures instead of strict.   View Answer
  • Explain mom preform and worker in apache   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Hostile co workers only interested in arguing and proving their superiority over potential candidates.

Content Strategist Interview

Content Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview Details – I had three, 1-hour long interviews with two people on each panel. The interviewers were friendly and professional. The questions were typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. They did ask for many example scenarios from previous work experience. Come prepared with hours worth of examples to showcase your talents. I was under-prepared in that area.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just be prepared with plenty of real-life examples to compliment your answers.   Answer Question

BDC Interview

BDC
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Rackspace in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very long process, they have so many people in the interviews that are not trained around interview. They do this for culture but many of the meetings are pointless since you will not be hired directly with these people. However, it gives you a chance to really understand the position when you ask questions.

Interview Question – Give examples of how you work with your team mates in your current position   Answer Question

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!