Rackspace Interview Questions

3.4

NAS Engineer-After Hours Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in July 2014.

I researched a lot about rackspace,
    & decided to apply online

process took less than two weeks(very fast)
    Initial contact from HR (went well) & forwarded my resume to hiring manager

Scheduled for technical phone screening interview

phone screen(high level technical questions, interviewers-two senior engineers)(went well)

Scheduled for In-person interview

flown in for in person interview(previous experience, behavioral, situational, high level technical questions)(Interviewers - two hiring managers, two senior engineers)

Awesome recruiter
    Awesome interviewers
    overall Loved the experience

Feedback within one week of in person interview
    Recruiter said team loved me but for the lack of some of the technical skills will pursue with other candidate at this time
    and will contact me if a new position relevant to my experience opens up.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions as I am still in learning phase of my career   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer and Test Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rackspace.

I did pretty well in the phone interview. I thought I would be called for Onsite but when I checked with them after a week , they said not fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career goal? This is not difficult per say but didn't expect it to be asked by other tester.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rackspace in March 2014.

Lots of interviews in a single day, most interviewers didn't know why they were there or what they were hiring for. Allegedly harder than Harvard to get in (it's not). SAT's hiring 50-100 people a week so if you've got a pulse you can get a job. Job as described is nothing like the actual job.

Interview Questions
    • None - all very simplistic. (e.g."Tell me two bad things about yourself")   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Technician for Rackspace Email and Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Rackspace in July 2014.

I applied on line . Went trough two thirty minute phone screens and two weeks later 1:1 interview. The face to face interview consisted of six people. They were in teams of two. There were some technical, situational, and behaviorism questions. The overall interview was nice. All made me feel relaxed. The interview was three hours long all together. I hope they hire me.

Software Developer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in April 2014.

Everyone asked great questions, and I had a lot of fun! Everyone asked great questions, and I had a lot of fun! Everyone asked great questions, and I had a lot of fun!

Interview Questions
    • Some algorithm problems that I am not allowed to discuss.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rackspace.

You will be interviewing for less senior roles unless you know someone. Senior roles are typically filled by the hiring manager’s unqualified friends who will not have to go through the same number of interviews nor interview process. You will start with a recruiter phone interview, then with a panel of ‘know-it-all’ managers (who don’t manage anyone) and ask surprisingly illegal questions, and if you already know the hiring manager then you will speak to them. Sad waste of time. Expect nearly all interviewers to be late or not show. There’s a reason there are so many openings...

Interview Questions
    • Far from scripted and the interviewers will be unprepared.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable. Everything. Know what you want and counter offer.

Intern II Interview

I saw Rackspace at a career fair last spring, and decided to talk to one of their recruiters. Things went well and I was asked to do an interview the next day. It was pretty short, no more than 15 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and technical questions were asked. A few more interviews followed after that.

Securtiy Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in November 2013.

Process was very fast. Expect multiple phone interviews and an all day onsite interview process involving several group panel interviews. You will be quizzed on the company, your resume, skills, and the jobs requirements through Q&A and real-world scenarios. More importantly, personality and charisma represent about 75% of the total interview weight- you must fit into Rackspace's culture and core values.

Interview Questions
    • What is the restoration priority for equipment, systems, services, networks as it pertains to a data center?   Answer Question
    There are several perks to working at Rackspace. To this end, the company is honest about their salaries being slightly under market value.

Latin America Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace.

I had one phone interview and the person who interviewed me was nice and it had a good flow but they never contacted me back. I should have prepared better anyways. I might have gotten in trouble when I walked them through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one stock today, which one would it be?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Rackspace.

One round so far - a phone call. Pretty friendly experience directly with the group manager. I expected to talk to an HR/recruiting rep. Process is still ongoing. When I admitted that I might not be a fully-qualified candidate, manager seemed grateful and honest when stating that it has generally been a tough process on their end to find someone who meets all the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was a pretty casual conversation. I was pleasantly surprised when manager asked me for my reaction to his sales strategy.   Answer Question

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!