Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.4

Beginning the Interview Process for Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rackspace in October 2014.

Initial phone screen by Account Manager went well. Per AC, I have all the qualifications and a phone interview has been scheduled with Rackspace. They went on to say that they were not for sure exactly what this position would be responsible for. I asked why have Project Managers left before and who wouldn't be a good fit.

Senior Manager/Head Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rackspace.

Very lengthy process
    genereally 2 phone screens followed by F2F onsite that has pair of interviewers. I have a panel of 5 or 6 pairs of interviewers. People are very polite and respectful. They focus on technical, behavioral aptitude.
    Nothing out of context, pretty much average management interview. They do take you around their San Antonio Campus.

They offered me lower than what I was making. After some negotiation we made it at par.

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rackspace in September 2014.

Contact made through a recruiter. Phone interview went well, could tell the interviewer was not very experienced. Couple of questions were confusing because of terminology mix up.

Went into the technical interview, which was a four hour process. Several technical interview questions that were from CS 101 classes, Binary trees, searches, Sorts, Data Structures etc. Second meeting was with managers. They mainly vented about frustration with corporate culture, little unprofessional, but what the heck. Second management meeting, they also vented frustrations about culture and inability for upper management to make decisions. By the third interview, I had decided that this was probably not a great fit for me. The fourth interview was technical and had nothing to do with any experience I had on my resume. Was asked if I knew how memory was mapped by the Java virtual machine. Pretty much looked the interviewer in the eye and said "Nope!". Decided I would not be giving up my day job to make a move to Rackspace.

If you really want to work there, I suggest pulling out your Data Structures book and some go through some algorithm review. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

The corporate culture is a little to chaotic. It felt a little to unstable.

Software Development Engineer and Test Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rackspace.

I did pretty well in the phone interview. I thought I would be called for Onsite but when I checked with them after a week , they said not fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career goal? This is not difficult per say but didn't expect it to be asked by other tester.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rackspace.

You will be interviewing for less senior roles unless you know someone. Senior roles are typically filled by the hiring manager’s unqualified friends who will not have to go through the same number of interviews nor interview process. You will start with a recruiter phone interview, then with a panel of ‘know-it-all’ managers (who don’t manage anyone) and ask surprisingly illegal questions, and if you already know the hiring manager then you will speak to them. Sad waste of time. Expect nearly all interviewers to be late or not show. There’s a reason there are so many openings...

Interview Questions
    • Far from scripted and the interviewers will be unprepared.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable. Everything. Know what you want and counter offer.

Intern II Interview

I saw Rackspace at a career fair last spring, and decided to talk to one of their recruiters. Things went well and I was asked to do an interview the next day. It was pretty short, no more than 15 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and technical questions were asked. A few more interviews followed after that.

Latin America Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace.

I had one phone interview and the person who interviewed me was nice and it had a good flow but they never contacted me back. I should have prepared better anyways. I might have gotten in trouble when I walked them through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one stock today, which one would it be?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rackspace.

One round so far - a phone call. Pretty friendly experience directly with the group manager. I expected to talk to an HR/recruiting rep. Process is still ongoing. When I admitted that I might not be a fully-qualified candidate, manager seemed grateful and honest when stating that it has generally been a tough process on their end to find someone who meets all the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was a pretty casual conversation. I was pleasantly surprised when manager asked me for my reaction to his sales strategy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician for Rackspace Email and Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Rackspace in July 2014.

I applied on line . Went trough two thirty minute phone screens and two weeks later 1:1 interview. The face to face interview consisted of six people. They were in teams of two. There were some technical, situational, and behaviorism questions. The overall interview was nice. All made me feel relaxed. The interview was three hours long all together. I hope they hire me.

NAS Engineer-After Hours Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in July 2014.

I researched a lot about rackspace,
    & decided to apply online

process took less than two weeks(very fast)
    Initial contact from HR (went well) & forwarded my resume to hiring manager

Scheduled for technical phone screening interview

phone screen(high level technical questions, interviewers-two senior engineers)(went well)

Scheduled for In-person interview

flown in for in person interview(previous experience, behavioral, situational, high level technical questions)(Interviewers - two hiring managers, two senior engineers)

Awesome recruiter
    Awesome interviewers
    overall Loved the experience

Feedback within one week of in person interview
    Recruiter said team loved me but for the lack of some of the technical skills will pursue with other candidate at this time
    and will contact me if a new position relevant to my experience opens up.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions as I am still in learning phase of my career   Answer Question