Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

I applied and after 6 weeks was emailed by a recruiter. I scheduled to talk over the phone, and I never heard back from the recruiter. Very disappointed with Rackspace's recruiting effort.

Intern I Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview rather quickly by HR. It was a phone interview and it was pretty basic in questions. Nothing particularly stood out. They went through my resume pretty much line by line and asked normal questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from / can you tell me more about this on resume?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

It is a long process but don't give up! This is how the weed out the people who do not really want to work here. Be positive and stay focused! They will try to see if you chance your responses.

Interview Questions

• Drive me to starbucks and order me a drink.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview to pre-screen, then they had me come in to their office for interviews with key individuals related to the open position. They put me in an office and had the interviewers come in to talk to me one after the other.
    Everyone was friendly and nice, but not sure why they called me in. They did not seem to be serious about it.

Interview Questions

• They did ask me specifically about relocating to San Antonio TX.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

I had a negative experience with a recruiter. She was late calling me for the phone interview. I found her to be impatient and unclear in her line of questioning. The job she described was completely different from the listing of the position online. Overall, I found that the recruiter left a bad impression. I did not get a job offer, and I'm relieved. Based in the employee reviews, it looks like I dodged the bullet.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in March 2015.

Interview

Time to set the interview was two weeks ; all e-mails were generated on friday ; the date of the interview was as schedule on time and within 45 min time frame ; interview was courteously conducted and explained the next steps after first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, behavior questions , and why Rackspace   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rackspace in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was easy and everyone seemed really friendly. I felt like I nailed every interview but got denied for the position anyway because someone else was more qualified.

Rackspace recruiters contacted me the first time for a DevOps position and they denied me for that position after getting my hopes up. Then they flew me out a second time the for Linux Administrator position and denied me the second time. I'm not letting this company waste anymore of my time.

Interview Questions

• During the in person interview they asked some crazy off the wall scenario that I had never experienced before and therefore couldn't answer... nothing a little research wouldn't have solved.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in January 2015.

Interview

Saw them at university recruiting, got a call from them a couple months later. Phone screen, dev test project, then on-site interview. There were 3 panel-style interview rounds with a mix of technical and behavioral. I thought the questions were generally easy, no real algorithm coding questions or anything. Not quite as technical as a lot of other companies. I thought I killed the interviews overall since I was able to answer most of their questions, but I assume I didn't get the offer due to not being a great 'culture fit'. It seems that people that at Rackspace have part of their identity tied into the company and very strictly abide by some core values. I wasn't terribly intersted in working for the company, so I didn't really do my research on the companies values / current products / etc. I think that's what got me, they care a lot about the non-technical parts, from what it seems.

Software Developer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

The first step was on campus screening. Then was given a dev test to complete within 48 hours. After that was invited for interview on site.
    There were several rounds of interview with a mix of technical and behavioral questions. The technical questions were problem solving and object oriented based.

Data Center Operations Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Rackspace (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Panels. Relevant questions. Skill testing. They really want to make sure they're hiring someone that is fully capable of the job. As long as you're experienced in the same field, it should be a no brainer most of the time

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate from start to finish how you will plan, prep, rack and cable this device.   1 Answer