Rackspace Linux Administrator Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter quickly responded after my application in setting up an initial phone screener in which I was quizzed on things like commands, common ports, DNS, and then I was scheduled to complete an online TrueAbility test. After the test, I was given a phone interview and live break/fix, which I did not do as well on and was not selected for any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• One difficult question was monitoring incoming pings.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Several phone interviews to weed out the obviously not qualified, followed by several interviews by others in the position you will be working at. These interviews are being conducted by your future co-workers. Don't try and BS your way through. They want to establish if you are a good fit for the company, if you have the technical skills, and your overall ability to be the kind of team member they want to work with.
    They will probe to the ends of your knowledge and skill set. We all have a limit, they just want to know where yours ends. Not a big deal, really. Overall a very cordial yet tough set of interviews. Be yourself, be honest, and be happy.

Negotiation

Negotiate for what you feel you are worth.

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Great interview process. Telephone interview and technical screening from a senior member of staff who was knowledgeable. Followed by a face to face interview. The dress code of staff members is informal so it kind of throws you a bit but was a good interview. One more quick technical test. Offer was made very quickly and the whole hiring process was very very smooth and professional

Interview Questions

• They ask you to draw a picture...Of anything you can think of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate so I have no idea what room there is for negotiation.

Linux Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR then a technical interview telephone interview. Then open day interview arranged by rackspace at their london office with almost 10 candidates there.

Interview Questions

• what do you if you have rebooted a system by mistake   1 Answer