Rackspace Sales Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in September 2009.

Initial interaction was off a job posting on the Rackspace website. It actually took a few months for them to respond to the posting request. Once they responded the recruiter was very good about setting up a technical pre-screen for the position. Once I passed the detailed technical screen, they worked with me to schedule an all-day onsite interview with the hiring team. This process was an all-day affair with multiple interviewers assessing my technical knowledge and culture fit. The overall process took about 30 days after I was contacted by Rackspace.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was when they asked me to design a multi-tier architecture with no single points of failure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Rackspace in April 2010.

I received a call from a Rackspace recruiter, who gave me a technical screening and asked me about myself and my job history, which lasted about 45 minuted. After that, she set up a phone interview with a senior technician for another day which lasted a little over an hour. A few days later, an interview was set up for me with 7 members of the Sales Engineering team, including the IT Director. That lasted 3 hours. I found out a few days later that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Draw on a whiteboard how you would configure two Exchange servers and secure them with a company that just acquired another company.   Answer Question

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!