Rackspace Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rackspace in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after submitting my resumé. The process was grueling and very, very long (over six weeks), I got almost no feedback, had to sit through a four hour interview and chase my recruiter to get details on upcoming step

Interview Questions
  • The interviews were pretty improvised and a lot of questions were repeated by several interviewers, things like "why would you quit your current job?"   Answer Question
negotiations went smoothly. Ask a tad high and know they will lower.

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in January 2011.

Applied online. Got a response from HR team with a questionnaire a few weeks later. I completed the questionnaire and sent to lead HR. Did not hear back for a week so sent an email checking in. Finally heard back and phone interview scheduled with hiring manager. Phone interview was good. Manager seemed nice. Scheduled onsite interview. I prepared very well for onsite but seemed to be a waste of time on my part. You'll go through 3 teams with 2 people in each session. Each session will last about 30 minutes to 1 hour. First group was solid. Good discussion and information about the company/role was shared. Second interview was with a rep and manager. The rep asked all the questions while manager sat there. It almost felt as if they were trying to talk me out of working at Rackspace but I went with it. Asked me the same question over and over again about why I wanted to leave my job. No matter how many time I told them they kept asking. Third group was a bit more fun to chat with. We were laughing and having a good time. Asked good questions. They will ask behavioral questions and want to make sure you are a good fit. They have a grading system so you have to score very high amongst all of them to be considered. To me it kind of seemed like a lottery to be chosen to work there.

I was a bit irritated cause one of the hiring managers asked me to take their online trainings and send him my score. Took me 10 hours to complete but it was a waste of time. I had to follow up with the HR team a week later for an update. Only to be told the position was filled.

Overall it was a below average experience. I expected more from a large corporation. In the end it wasn't the right company for me. I hadn't interviewed for a new company in 10+ years so it was good practice for me. Where else can you get 3 interviews all at once? If you aren't keen on the company still apply for the interviews are great practice runs.

Company prides itself on being disorganized. Lack of structure from what was relayed to me by the employees and hiring managers during interview process. Pay is well below industry average and you are required to travel from what current friends that work there tell me.

Interview Questions
    • Why Rackspace? Why are you thinking of leaving your current job? Tell me about yourself. nothing too difficult. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in September 2008.

Conducted phone interview first with a great overview of the industry, company and role. Once initial assessment on fit is made in person interviews at the company's HQ in San Antonio were made. Great coordination and communication through the logistics. In person interviews are very thorough with lots of "Rackers" and challenging skill based and behavioral questions. Once hired the on boarding process is truly world class.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you didnt achieve your goal and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace.

The interview process is a bit unorganized. Although Rackspace is known for it's great culture and customer service, the follow-up on the recruiting side can be improved. I have waited weeks for an answer as to whether or not I will be considered for the position I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were spot on but I think asumptions are made and sometimes words are put in your mouth.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in December 2011.

Initial phone screening and arrangement by the recruiter of follow-up interviews went smoothly. Follow up interviews poorly organized and executed by the hiring managers. I received no feedback or follow up from anyone afterward despite emailing and calling the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the most difficult part of selling to a prospective client for the first time over the phone would be?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in June 2009.

1st stage - internal recruiter
    2nd stage - hiring line manager(s)
    3rd stage - peer interviews