Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rackspace
- Windows Systems Administrator II (23)
- Linux Systems Administrator (13)
- Linux Systems Administrator II (10)
- Software Developer (10)
- Network Security Administrative I (9)
- Linux Systems Administrator I (9)
- Business Development Consultant (7)
- Sales Representative (6)
- Software Developer III (5)
- Account Manager (5)
- Support Specialist (5)
- Windows Systems Administrator I (5)
- Systems Administrator II (5)
- Network Security Engineer (4)
- Software Developer II (4)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Intern (3)
- Senior Manager (3)
- Senior Software Developer (3)
- Linux Administrator (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Windows Systems Administrator III (3)
- Data Centre Operations Technician (3)
- Devops Engineer (2)
- Security Engineer (2)
- Windows Administrator (2)
- Director (2)
- Support Technician I (2)
- Account Management (2)
- Systems Administrator (2)
Senior Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2014.
Very well run interview. Coordination of travel and expenses handled well. New location in Blacksburg is extremely impressive. Interview was well organized and good length. Included executive management, peers, and individual contributors.
- Really nothing very difficult or unexpected. You need to know what is needed to make both Rackspace and yourself successful. Answer Question
Straight forward and very professional. Give and take on both sides.
Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace
Senior Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.
Recruiting and the interview coordination was incredibly professional and candidate friendly. Communication was top notch from initial travel arrangements to follow up. The entire staff was polite and cordial. They were very accommodating and shared a high level of detail about the process before my arrival. I was pretty calm based on the information that they provided up front, as there weren't any surprises.
- What would I do to make Rackspace a better place? 1 Answer
The process was pretty straight forward. I had already done my homework to calculate the decrease in cost-of-living and weight that against my situation. The recruiter was straight forward and let me know there wasn't much 'wiggle' room, but they did make a concession and meet my request half way. I was very pleased. My advice is to be careful with the amount of the 'ask'. Ask a tad high, knowing they will come down a bit.
Senior Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.
Had a 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most interviews went well although there was a change in the original schedule that was originally planned. I did not recieve a follow up call or email after the interview.
- What is more important, results or building relationships? 1 Answer
Senior Management InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.
Multi-interview approach (to be expected for this level, reporting to the country MD) - I progressed through the first 3 rounds of telephone, video / skype calls and a face to face and got down to one of 6 that had a 4th interview - I was not taken forward for the final 2 interview rounds which would have made the process 7 steps altogether. While the interview process was relatively painless, I was extremely disappointed in the lack of feedback once I dropped out. Having got that far, I (am still) keen to understand if the reason for not taking me forward aligned with my thinking but despite repeatedly contacting the HR recruiter I was simply fobbed off and ignored until I stopped asking - this has left a very negative impression of a company that prides itself on consistently being named by both Sunday Times and Fortune as one of the top 100 companies in the world to work for.
- "If you were a prospective customer, why would you choose Rackspace?" 3 Answers