Rackspace Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of phone screens (HR, hiring manager, technical screen) followed by on-site interview with three separate panels (one by video conference). The company values teamwork, and it shows during the interview -- all of the employees were prepared with canned questions, but that didn't stop them from bouncing ideas off each other to screen me effectively.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting thing you leaned during this interview process?   2 Answers
  • What is the difference between :this, @this, and @@this?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

HR first called in phone and asked for Java, SQL related technical questions. Then he arranged for two phone technical interview one with test team manager and other with architect head. Telephonic interview went well. They called me in person interview to their Texas, San Antonio location.

Interview Questions

• Development team person explained his whole project and asked me to explain how to test their application manually and then how I will automate testing using automation tools. Architect team followed interview and put more code related questions, like doing code review by giving a function and asked what is wrong and to correct it.   Answer Question