Rackspace

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rackspace.

1st step was a 20 min phone interview. After this mostly personality type interview i was scheduled for a technical phone interview. then i was invited to the castle for a 3 hour panel style interview

Interview Questions
  • Name 5 things you can do with a brick other than build things   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in December 2012.

I was originally contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. They were courteous and typically responsive to any inquiries I had. The interview process, overall, took about a month due to the holidays at the time. I had multiple interviews and they were really committed to finding a position in the company that worked for me.

The one interesting thing about Rackspace is that, if you have the right attitude, they will try and work with you as much as possible to find a position that suits you even if you end up not working out for what you want or what they originally pointed you towards. In my case, I didn't quite have the knowledge for what I -wanted-, but they were happy to work with me.

Ultimately, I decided that instead of settling for less I would continue to work on my skill set and then perhaps contact them again in the future if I felt I was ready to give it another try. I was right at the last phase where they would fly me out to Texas for the final stage of the interview process, so I ultimately turned them down before I got past the last leg and into offer territory.

For those applying for administrator positions, they do give you Break Fix tests while on the phone with someone. They're interested in how you troubleshoot issues and, if you're not used to being on the phone while someone is watching your every move, it can be fairly nerve wracking.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me multiple questions where they tried to play psychological games to get me to try and 2nd guess myself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in October 2008.

hr phone call, technical phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you received excellent customer service.   View Answer
    Accepted offer

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rackspace.

Applied online. Got two face to face interviews: the first one was a technical one where I was shining as I was overqualified for the job. The next interview was with two low level managers which felt awkward as they were quite incompetent. One of them did not seem to know their own core values, luckily his colleague was there to correct him. Later on I was asked the same question twice, and when I pointed it out they were trying to make it look like that I am not listening properly and quickly re-asked the question rephrased. When tearing my CV to pieces they ask me about my past experience and why I am changing my career I just could not resist laughing at them, as I worked in IT all my life. Throughout the interview process while I was answering their questions I had a feeling that they chatting on their laptops with each other and not really care about the meeting. In the end I was told that I will be contacted in a few days. They did not bother contacting me, no mail, no phone call. After 10 days of waiting I had to rang them up to be told that I was unsuccessful. Very unprofessional.