Rackspace Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in December 2009.

This was my first civilian job after 12 years in the US Marine Corps. I didn't really know what to expect. A friend of my Father's knew my hiring manager and passed along my resume. A recruiter called with a date and time of a phone interview (which went well). After the phone interview, there was a Face-to-Face. I was the only one wearing pants. The other were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I knew right then, I wanted to work there!
The hiring manager later told me I was practically hired after the phone interview and the face to face was just a formality. We connected right away because of our shared military background and remain good friends.
I was told to expect a 4 to 5 hour interview process, but that didn't happen.

Interview Questions
Knowing companies want to pay the lowest sum possible, I asked and received an additional $1,000 more. Hindsight, I should have gone higher.

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in November 2011.

Applied on the terrible HR website. Contacted by email for phone interview. Interviewer was late without warning (and rescheduled a later interview without informing me) but what contact I had was positive enough. Moved on to a 1:1 phone interview/screening with a technical staff member. Discussion was comfortable and amicable, similar enough to any conversation of mutual (professional) interests I'd have with a coworker.

Scheduled a 4-hour multi-person series of interviews for a later date, but I later cancelled as I decided not to pursue the position further at the time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in May 2013.

Initial phone interview, technical phone interview.
    Face to face interview in three parts (discussing background and carrer path, SysAdm, Development), about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!