Rackspace Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied on the terrible HR website. Contacted by email for phone interview. Interviewer was late without warning (and rescheduled a later interview without informing me) but what contact I had was positive enough. Moved on to a 1:1 phone interview/screening with a technical staff member. Discussion was comfortable and amicable, similar enough to any conversation of mutual (professional) interests I'd have with a coworker. Scheduled a 4-hour multi-person series of interviews for a later date, but I later cancelled as I decided not to pursue the position further at the time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

This was my first civilian job after 12 years in the US Marine Corps. I didn't really know what to expect. A friend of my Father's knew my hiring manager and passed along my resume. A recruiter called with a date and time of a phone interview (which went well). After the phone interview, there was a Face-to-Face. I was the only one wearing pants. The other were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I knew right then, I wanted to work there! The hiring manager later told me I was practically hired after the phone interview and the face to face was just a formality. We connected right away because of our shared military background and remain good friends. I was told to expect a 4 to 5 hour interview process, but that didn't happen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Knowing companies want to pay the lowest sum possible, I asked and received an additional $1,000 more. Hindsight, I should have gone higher.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview, technical phone interview. Face to face interview in three parts (discussing background and carrer path, SysAdm, Development), about 6 hours.