Rackspace Windows Systems Administrator I Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in November 2012.

Interview process is thorough and somewhat tough -- but designed to insure that qualified candidates are placed in the correct jobs for which they are applying.

Interview Questions
SImple -- I took the job!

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rackspace in March 2013.

Applied online for several of the Windows System Administrator positions. Have a contact on the inside that forwarded my resume to one of the hiring managers. Hiring manager emailed me and asked to speak with me by phone. Had a 30 minute conversation with him, gave some overal Rackspace information/shift options - more of a 'get to know you' kind of phone call. He then sent my information on the Recruiter. Heard from the Recruiter the next day. Had a phone screen with her lasting about 30/45 minutes which involved a technical screen consisting of about 20 questions. Answers to most questions were given at the time, had a good feel of how I did technically at the time of the call.

Recruiter said she would set up a more technical phone screen with a team Lead. Call was scheduled for 1 hour, only took about 30 or so minutes. During all phone calls, I was asked what I knew about Rackspace, why I wanted to work for them, etc. The phone screen with the Lead had more difficult and more in depth questions. He said he had to pass the information back on to the Recruiter and I should hear something shortly.

Recruiter called back the following day and said she was going to set me up with a face to face interview. Meeting was scheduled for 1.5 hours (2-45 minute sessions), more technical/team fit interviews. Met with Manager I spoke with initially along with another Manager. How would you handle/customer interactions/angry customer questions.....

The following day, the Recruiter called back and stated she wanted me to meet with some team Leads from the 3rd shift (I applied for several positions, one of which was a 3rd shift). Met with two Leads at 11pm at night for about an hour. This meeting was more of a get to know you, how will you work with our team kind of thing.....comfortable, and easy. Talked about how I'm prepared to handle 3rd shift work. A lot of emphasis on working 3rd shift evironments. Overall, the process was pretty in depth and you can surely get a feel of what Rackspace culture is! They for sure want to make sure everyone can work together as a TEAM.

Do your research about the company and their culture. Read up on their blog, facebook, anywhere you can get information about the company. This will help.

Received an offer from the Recruiter 2 days after the 11pm interview. Will start 60 days after offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • I wasnt really thrown off by anything they asked. The "hardest" question I was asked was how to deal with an irate customer...which was easy to answer.   Answer Question

Windows Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Rackspace in June 2010.

Overall the interviewer started with general questions such as salary, why Rackspace, previous work and moved onto a 50 question technical interview which lasted about 50 minutes on the phone. The interviewer was not a tech person and all my answers were matched to a list of answers that the interviewer had.

Interview Questions

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!