Rackspace

Employer Engaged

Rackspace Windows Systems Administrator III Interview Questions

3.5

Windows Systems Administrator III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rackspace.

Was contacted by phone and asked a series of technical questions ranging from basic DOS commands to general questions about server hardware and network equipment. After the phone interview I was contacted and an online test was scheduled; the test was a series of problems to resolve or settings to change in a Windows Server RDP session. After the online test, I was invited to an in-person interview that lasted all day as I met with the department manager and various team members.

Interview Questions
  • There were a couple of unexpected, nontechnical questions during the in-person interview that were designed to test your critical thinking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Windows Systems Administrator III Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rackspace in February 2012.

They flew me onsite, and met with 2 groups of people. One were the manager and co-workers, the other were some managers and other for technical portion. Environment seems really sweet, and the people were awesome.

Windows Systems Administrator III Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rackspace in October 2011.

Interview at Rackspace was one of the most enjoyable interviews of my professional career. After a phone screening, I was set up with a panel interview comprising of 2 team leads first, and then a group for 3 engineers. Each session lasted for more than an hour. The questions can be categorized under following categories:
    1) Technical
    2) Team fit and workability/ work ethic
    3) Personal philosophy (believe it or not!) :)

Before you go for the interview, make sure you read up on the culture @ Rackspace. That can be a deal breaker! Visit Rackspace talent website and spend some time on it.

Interview Questions
    • What are the FSMO roles in Windows AD environment?   View Answer