Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rackspace
- Windows Systems Administrator II (21)
- Linux Systems Administrator (13)
- Linux Systems Administrator II (10)
- Software Developer (10)
- Linux Systems Administrator I (8)
- Network Security Administrative I (7)
- Sales Representative (6)
- Support Specialist (5)
- Systems Administrator II (5)
- Business Development Consultant (5)
- Account Manager (4)
- Software Developer II (4)
- Windows Systems Administrator I (4)
- Data Centre Operations Technician (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Software Developer III (3)
- Windows Systems Administrator III (3)
- Senior Manager (3)
- Linux Administrator (3)
- Backup Administrator (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Business Development Associate (2)
- Account Management (2)
- Network Security Engineer (2)
- Web Developer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Intern I (2)
- Lead Generator (2)
- Software Engineer In Test (2)
- Accountant II (2)
Windows Systems Administrator III Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Rackspace.
Was contacted by phone and asked a series of technical questions ranging from basic DOS commands to general questions about server hardware and network equipment. After the phone interview I was contacted and an online test was scheduled; the test was a series of problems to resolve or settings to change in a Windows Server RDP session. After the online test, I was invited to an in-person interview that lasted all day as I met with the department manager and various team members.
- There were a couple of unexpected, nontechnical questions during the in-person interview that were designed to test your critical thinking. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace
Windows Systems Administrator III InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 4 days – interviewed at Rackspace in February 2012.
They flew me onsite, and met with 2 groups of people. One were the manager and co-workers, the other were some managers and other for technical portion. Environment seems really sweet, and the people were awesome.
Windows Systems Administrator III InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Rackspace in October 2011.
Interview at Rackspace was one of the most enjoyable interviews of my professional career. After a phone screening, I was set up with a panel interview comprising of 2 team leads first, and then a group for 3 engineers. Each session lasted for more than an hour. The questions can be categorized under following categories:
2) Team fit and workability/ work ethic
3) Personal philosophy (believe it or not!) :)
Before you go for the interview, make sure you read up on the culture @ Rackspace. That can be a deal breaker! Visit Rackspace talent website and spend some time on it.
- What are the FSMO roles in Windows AD environment? 1 Answer