Radian Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Analyst Interview

Claims Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Radian Group.

Interview Details – HR at Radian is very inviting, but thorough. Be sure to be honest and personable. Even though you are interviewing with managers, they are people and they seem to enjoy meeting qualified people, not robots.

Interview Question – What do you feel you need to improve on most as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There offer was a firm set one. There wasn't any room for negotiations.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Radian Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – After a few phone screens, I was onsite one day and met with 6 team members including executive management. The recruitment team could not have made the process simpler. The environment was very welcoming and a learned much about the company, as well as its challenges. The level of transparency was important to me as I could make an informed decision about joining the team and my ability to be successful.

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?" from a Sr. Exec. I say that because when I started to give a typical answer, she stopped me, looked me in the eye, and said "I don't want the pat answer, Why are you the one" - That has always stuck with me   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple as they collected my requirements during the process and came with their best offer first. Appreciated the honesty.

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Radian Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two phone interviews and a final "super day", with 3 back-to-back interviews in-office. Phone interviews were straight-forward, going through basic qualifications and company info.
Final interview(s):
Person 1: Interview by someone in same position. Questions were more analytically-based, difficult, but as long as you showed your process it was fine
Person 2: Would-be direct boss. Lots of brain teaser questions, interview was much more conversational.
Person 3: 'General Manager' type guy. Behavioral interview, straight-forward.

Interview Question – What's the current mortgage rate in the industry? (you either know it or you don't)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose a grad school program instead.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Radian Group

Interview Details – Applied to job posting on Linked In. Company recruiter contacted me for a 30 minute phone screen to confirm my background matched the role requirements. Then went on face to face interviews with hiring manager and appropriate potential colleagues, each lasting 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Question – Tell me about at time when you had to overcome political objectives to business initiatives   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Radian Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was interviewed via phone by a member of the HR team. The phone interview questions were pretty basic regarding experience in finance as an analyst and related to some of the work the position required.

About a week after the phone interview I was schedule for an in-person interview in Philadelphia. It was to be with 3 individuals (another Sr Analyst, Manager and VP) but the day of the interview the Manager was unable to attent. I met first with the other analyst and reviewed my resume and discussed other topics as they were broguth up. I did okay but not great. The interview ended with a typical question about career goals, for which I gave a slightly ambitious answer (didn't want to come on too strong to someone in the same position as I would have). I was then told by him the reason he asked is that it was a small dept with not much room for advancement within the dept and that's why the person who resigned had left. This was kind of sad to hear but the honesty was nice.

Second interview was with the VP. He described the operating structure of the organization and drew it on the back of the copy or my resume he had. We ddin't end up talking much about my experience or resume as we referred back to org structure on the abck of my resume a few times. I think I should have pushed myself stronger on qualifications but it came off as one of these "see if I'm comfortable with this guy" type of interviews. Still nothing really bad occurred, pretty standard even if a little less formal thanI'd expect. he too closed his interview with me about the small dept size and the alck of upward mobility.

Last interview was with the same HR person I had met with initially. She mainly asked for my feedback on the process but also asked a few very direct questions about specific skills that neither of the people in the dept asked, which in hindsight seems odd. She definitely asked the most pointed questions relating to the actual job duties. To close I brought up that both the first 2 interviewers brought up how its small and not a lot of room to move up and seh concurred and said they were being honest with every candidate.

About 2 weeks later I received the call from the same HR rep that I hadn't gotten the position. It took a little while longer to hear back than I'd expected but I figure they made an offer and were waiting for the person to accept before getting back to me. The surprising thing was the HR person provided me feedback on my interview from the 2 other people who interviewed me which was unusual but VERY much appreciated (this almost never happens). The feedback mainly centered around how the interviews didn't really get into my resume and my strengths, which I pretty much agreed with.

All in all not a good nor bad experience. I wish I had interviewed better but I went with the flow of the interview instead of hammering my qualification down, my bad. However it by the time the interview was over it was a little hard to be excited for a job where the last person left due to years of no upward mobility and they were still presenting it as an issue to the potential replacements they were interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've worked on a cost/benefit analysis and describe what you did?   View Answer
  • What are your career goals/ goals for this position?   View Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

FP&A Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Radian Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by HR a week after asking to schedule a phone interviews. Pased the phone interview and was scheduled to come in for a first round of interviews. Met with the HR and two other individuals in the first round. The interview process was laid back and easy. Later that week I was contacted by the HR again, as they felt that they wanted to bring me in for the second round of interviews. In the second round I met with four individuals. For the most part the process was OK and fairly easy. However, I found one of the interviewers' style very unprofessional and intense. I was intensely grilled and asked personal questions. The company is not profitable and hasn't been for a while, so I don't know why the interviewer was so hostile. Needless to say, I didn't get the offer, but if I would have gotten the offer I would turn it down. Not a good company to work for, very hostile environment, and no room for growth.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism? Give me a specific example when you were criticized, what was said?   Answer Question
  • How would you communicate with your internal customers?   Answer Question

Manager Engineering Interview

Manager Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Radian Group in June 2008.

Interview Details – They interviewed two people and then decided not to hire anyone.

Worked for Radian Group? Contribute to the Community!