Radio One

Radio One Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2014
Updated Jun 25, 2014

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process was easy, and they move quick. They are very unorganized though, and the offers are pretty low unless you have like 40+ years of experience. Interview was pretty normal, Phone Call, then in person, and offer expressed over the phone.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Radio One.

Entire management staff has turned over since I was hired but the process is basically the same. Expect 2-3 interviews and be prepared to provide examples of your prior work successes and presentations. If you have key relationships in the market this is a huge plus.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say any questions were particular difficult from what I remember-be honest.   Answer Question
    Know your worth and negotiate appropriately. Raises are unlikely.

Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Radio One in October 2013.

I was contacted by Radio One for a phone interview the day before the interview was to take place. I had a great conversation with my interviewer about the position and the company. I was disappointed that I did not land an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three biggest stories in pop culture news right now?   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Radio One.

The hiring and interview process went extremely well and quickly for me.

Stick to the type of pay you feel you deserve and can live with. Remember, they hardly ever give raises at this company and when they do, it's not much regardless of tenure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Radio One in June 2013.

I heard back very quickly about setting up an interview after submitting my application. I went in for the interview and b the end of the day I was contacted to tell I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions about the company. Being very prepared in knowing the company's history and all about the stations.   Answer Question

Web Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Radio One.

Found job posting online and applied for the position. It took over a month from that initial email to an interview at the company. On interview day they had me take a test on ad sizes and basic HTML knowledge while I waited for my interview with the General Manager. I waited in the lobby for over an hour until they finally made time for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work quickly? Our previous employee was here until 11pm working.   View Answer
    They gave me a lowball offer and I told them the minimum that I would have to receive.