Radio One Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with the sales manager was great, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. However, a 30 minute talent interview from a third party company is also required to evaluate your "talent" and if you are a good fit for the company. It was pretty much a personality test. I continued to follow up and no one ever got back to me

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 qualities you have that you think will make you good at this job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radio One.

Interview

I had 5 interviews with them and it took forever to hear back. Received another offer from another company . Too much redundancy, same questions in each interview. Not very diverse.

Have other options. ..

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

The process was easy, and they move quick. They are very unorganized though, and the offers are pretty low unless you have like 40+ years of experience. Interview was pretty normal, Phone Call, then in person, and offer expressed over the phone.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio One (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Entire management staff has turned over since I was hired but the process is basically the same. Expect 2-3 interviews and be prepared to provide examples of your prior work successes and presentations. If you have key relationships in the market this is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say any questions were particular difficult from what I remember-be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know your worth and negotiate appropriately. Raises are unlikely.

Online Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radio One (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by Radio One for a phone interview the day before the interview was to take place. I had a great conversation with my interviewer about the position and the company. I was disappointed that I did not land an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three biggest stories in pop culture news right now?   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Radio One.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went extremely well and quickly for me.

Negotiation

Stick to the type of pay you feel you deserve and can live with. Remember, they hardly ever give raises at this company and when they do, it's not much regardless of tenure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Radio One (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I heard back very quickly about setting up an interview after submitting my application. I went in for the interview and b the end of the day I was contacted to tell I got the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions about the company. Being very prepared in knowing the company's history and all about the stations.   Answer Question

Web Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Radio One.

Interview

Found job posting online and applied for the position. It took over a month from that initial email to an interview at the company. On interview day they had me take a test on ad sizes and basic HTML knowledge while I waited for my interview with the General Manager. I waited in the lobby for over an hour until they finally made time for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you work quickly? Our previous employee was here until 11pm working.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a lowball offer and I told them the minimum that I would have to receive.

Accounts Payable Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Radio One (Lanham, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with the Accounts Payable Manager and the Assistant Comptroller. The interview did not take more than 30 minutes. Both took turns in asking their specific questions. It was done in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Neither one of them were intimidating and allowed me to feel comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in the related field of accounts payable   Answer Question