Radio Systems Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
5 interviews

2.4

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation.

The company is very disorganized. After being contacted by HR and conducting my first short interview, it was another month before I was called back for a panel interview. After that, it was another month before I was called back for a second panel interview, after which I had to wait another two weeks before I received my rejection notice, by voicemail. The whole process took three months. That seems a little excessive. On the up side, I enjoyed everyone I met at the company. They were very nice and personable. I would still consider applying for another position there someday.

Interview Questions
    • They repeatedly asked me if I felt comfortable directing activities like photo or commercial shoots, which have little to do with the skills/duties of a graphic designer.   View Answer

Program Manager- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in June 2012.

Pros- The Culture is amazing, seems to offer great benefits, good healthy environment, encouraging wellness.
    Team seemed great and welcoming.

Cons- The business is VERY unorganized, have no real process in place for ANYTHING, and did not seem as they intended to implement any sort of structure. Very ridged environment, afraid of change, with little to no turn over.They seemed to be growing-rapidly past their capabilities and skills. The whole business seems to be lacking some major elements needed to support the growth.

They also make their decision solely on a TEST called Caliper, which lets us know they have NO CLUE how hire in today's Market.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in May 2011.

Make sure they give you a detailed list of your job responsibilities at the interview.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in November 2011.

Resume was submitted by head-hunter. Had initial 1:1 interview with the manager responsible for the position. The position was a new position, expanding the engineering team. A week later an interview was scheduled with a panel of managers + engineers. A tour of the facility was given after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you store the map data into the memory of an embedded device, and how do you draw it smoothly on the display without using too much memory?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Radio Systems Corporation?   Answer Question

I did not find the work environment suitable, with very-low walled cubicles containing 4 engineers each, in an open floor design. I did not think it would be easy to concentrate while working there. The schedule and deadlines are also quite aggressive, so a lot of work seemed to be done evenings and weekends.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Radio Systems Corporation in June 2011.

First got pre-screened by HR to understand my background and skills for the position. Then met with the hiring manager in an informal interview. We talked about the role and what the responsibilities were. Met with a couple of people on the team and talked about the company. The process was very underwhelming. I'm not sure they all understand that interviewing is a 2-way street and that I was trying to figure out it was the right place for me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Radio Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!