RadioShack

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Annapolis, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in December 2011.

Interview Details – They use the "cattle call" method so popular with multi-level management corporations these days. You may get interviewed by the Store Manager, a manager from another store, the Division Manager, or the DM's current toady of choice. The interview can be very job specific, or very vague, depending on who does it. The main goal is to see how much sh*t you will take.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They pay and schedule from a plan that has nothing to do with an individual's ability or requirements.

Interviewed at RadioShack

Interview Details – depending on the urgency of the store needing a new hire you can expect a call with in three days. along with scoring high on the quiz of the application. interview is normal process of getting an idea of who you are and if you are fit for this performance based company.

Interview Question – how would you sale me this pen I have I my hands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negociate your hours clearly and what you expect.

Gadsden, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RadioShack in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process for RadioShack is fairly simple, but make sure that you go into the interview level headed and don't make some stupid guess at the questions. Management WILL laugh behind your back once you leave. I've seen this happen multiple times. Managers don't really care to hear what you have to say.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – I received a phone call in the middle of the while driving asking if I wanted to do an interview and how soon. I inormed her that next day would be fine. Following day I made it to the interview 5 minutes lates. spoke to the manager outside of the store for 15 min before e offered me the position. I then filled out some paperwork and after a week or so (background check). I started my first day of paperwork along with both computer and on the job training.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Existent. They let you know wha the pay was and that was that. Though I was surprised to find my base pay to be higher than discussed.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – Asked what was required for an associate to move up to the ASM position. Was informed that I needed to fill out some paperwork, bring my numbers up, and complete the ASM training modules on the company's site. Main reason for the application was due to the lack of a decent base pay at the entry pay

Interview Question – can I improve my numbers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – asked if there was an issue with the fact that I only had about 4 months of employment. There was none. I went unopposed during my application just for bidding for the position.

Pottsville, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in July 2010.

Interview Details – Long delay between first and second interview. The second interview also felt like a token gesture, more as a show of authority on the part of the District Manager than anything.

The first interview was of relatively solid quality, but that is subjective depending upon the Store Manager conducting it. Questions are run-of-the-mill, with no major curveballs. Biggest influencing factors are energy, enthusiasm, and appearance. No piercings, cover tattoos, show some enthusiasm for sales, and dress respectably. You'll be fine.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the associate or assistant manager level.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in September 2011.

Interview Details – very easy because by the time I have been hired they were in need badly !!!

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RadioShack in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. That is the first step they use to weed out potential employees. The system will take your answers to the questions and grade you against a number they are ideally looking for. This number is pretty much average, so if you want to do well, just act kind of "meh" about everything. As for the actual face-to-face interview, they will want you to show passion and enthusiasm, as well as a willingness to have a flexible schedule. You need to be very excited about selling phones, as well as eager to learn as much as possible about all the other random stuff that particular store will carry. The more energetic you are, the better your chances are.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell my interviewer his stapler. Just gave a basic sales pitch and he dug it. You should expect a very traditional interview. They give the managers a list of questions to read off, with associated follow up questions based off of how you answer. They literally try to take all need for thought away from the managers. It's a little sad. Just google "interview questions" and prepare accordingly.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RadioShack in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. No tough questions. I had to interview with 2 store managers and then the district manager. They just want to make sure you can sell stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NON-NEGOTIABLES

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person - interviewed at RadioShack in July 2013.

Interview Details – I will ask the person if they have had a couple of years experience and how well can they manage the store well and I will see if he/she has enough patience of course.

Interview Question – If the Store Manager is on a sick leave on the opening day of a new outlet, what would you do?   View Answer

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!