RadioShack Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Monroe, LA).

Interview

The process is to apply on line. Follow up by applicant to the store manager of interest would be a good move by applicant to show interest and set up a job interview. Otherwise the next move is generally done by store and district manager by online review of applicant and phone interviews to determine and setup personal interviews at the various stores that need employees. Expect 2 Interviews. The First level interview will be with the store manager or a senior store manager from another store. The second interview will usually be with a district manager by phone. The process usually takes about an hour. Show strong conversation skills, be passionate in your presentation, show strong interest for the position applying for, explain caring for customers and the company's goals, and exhibit a great attitude will help to get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your primary job while working here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Going to ask you about comfort with sales and long hours. Won't mention your a low base reliant on sales for more money and the push to sell cell phones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

depending on the urgency of the store needing a new hire you can expect a call with in three days. along with scoring high on the quiz of the application. interview is normal process of getting an idea of who you are and if you are fit for this performance based company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negociate your hours clearly and what you expect.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I received a phone call in the middle of the while driving asking if I wanted to do an interview and how soon. I inormed her that next day would be fine. Following day I made it to the interview 5 minutes lates. spoke to the manager outside of the store for 15 min before e offered me the position. I then filled out some paperwork and after a week or so (background check). I started my first day of paperwork along with both computer and on the job training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Existent. They let you know wha the pay was and that was that. Though I was surprised to find my base pay to be higher than discussed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Asked what was required for an associate to move up to the ASM position. Was informed that I needed to fill out some paperwork, bring my numbers up, and complete the ASM training modules on the company's site. Main reason for the application was due to the lack of a decent base pay at the entry pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked if there was an issue with the fact that I only had about 4 months of employment. There was none. I went unopposed during my application just for bidding for the position.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RadioShack in June 2012.

Interview

Most often, a two step interview process. Either with an assistant manager then store manager or store manager then district manager. Store managers are usually trying to get to know you as far as what you are looking for in a job/ what you are hoping to accomplish within the company.

Interview Questions

• To show your sale skills, can you sale me this pen?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack in January 2012.

Interview

Online screening and informal print off the manager pulled from the internal system. Asked sales based and personality questions more than anything else. Unfortunately, people who are skilled or knowledgeable about the products at radioshack aren't usually natural born salesmen. Because of the overall lack of need for many of their products, they switched to selling cell phone plans and other overpriced accessories. Most people are unaware of this so they go in for thermal paste to fix their xbox, or a shortwave radio and walk out after seeing an outrageous price point and some kid who has no idea what anything in the store is other than the new android phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Annapolis, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

They use the "cattle call" method so popular with multi-level management corporations these days. You may get interviewed by the Store Manager, a manager from another store, the Division Manager, or the DM's current toady of choice. The interview can be very job specific, or very vague, depending on who does it. The main goal is to see how much sh*t you will take.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They pay and schedule from a plan that has nothing to do with an individual's ability or requirements.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack in September 2011.

Interview

very easy because by the time I have been hired they were in need badly !!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RadioShack (Gadsden, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process for RadioShack is fairly simple, but make sure that you go into the interview level headed and don't make some stupid guess at the questions. Management WILL laugh behind your back once you leave. I've seen this happen multiple times. Managers don't really care to hear what you have to say.