RadioShack Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack (Morris, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit. Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training. After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away. Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Questions

• A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Joliet, IL).

Interview

Horrid, went to hiring fair with 20 other people. I was the only one there that was not a hooker, pimp, gangster, etc.... The District Manager actually asked me what set me apart from everyone else in the room.. I looked at him and just said "really", he laughs, sits back and agrees.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing, job is set up so any idiot can work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Run!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a call the following day. Basically said I had an interview the following day. I went to the interview store, and was joined the DM of the are, and the human resources agent. Both asked some random questions, like "where do you expect to be in five years?"

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me whatever you are holding in your hand. In this case, your pen. How would you sell it to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was minimum wage with a very very small commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Lombard, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Called in for phone interview,then asked to come in for panel interview, then asked to meet 1:1 with upper management for final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Radio Shack?Asked behavioral,analytical,and scenarios outside of a work environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

first you sit down with the manager and go over what you are expected to do and reach goals. Then they will tell you the number one thing they focus on is batteries. You have to sale as many batteries as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? You work in retail before?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I filled out the application online. They called about a month later and I went in for an interview. I was hired with just one interview but I later found out it was because my former manager was perverted.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard questions. "How would you sell me this pen?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

very smooth if you have the experience in sales with phones and know exactly what you need to drive and be successful in this company. first was a phone interview, then it lead to a one on one interview with the district manager. then i had to work a week with the district manager. with me catching on really quickly it only took about 3 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack (Tinley Park, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Two interview process. First with the store manager and then with the District Manager. Normal retail interview questions nothing to surprising, the hardest part is the actual application for the job. The questionnaire is a very long and hard process, they rate you based on your answers and if you don't score high they will not even call you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

applied online. took the assesments. called in for interview. submitted paperwork and waited for the results of the background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult coworker... how did you handle the issue and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you've gone above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you you are going to make a great deal of money... that sales are easy and bonuses are plentiful. It's all smoke and mirrors. You are going to basically make the low salary only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the angriest District Manager I'd ever met some 8 years ago, in the stuffy low lit back office of the RadioShack store on 26th street in the ghetto. I showed up 20 minutes early, but because there was no place to park my car, I drove around for 25 minutes until someone left. When I went in to the interview, the DM refused to see me because I was late. It was only after I begged him to interview me that he did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't work there.