RadioShack District Manager Interview Questions

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The hiring process is so rigid. I have experience doing what it is they are looking for, but for some reason, they denied my application to further the process. I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Questions
  • N/A - there was not question that I couldn't answer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

The interview started off with a very energized member of Human Resources going over the details of the company with me. Financials, Job expectations, the role and job description. Then a few situational based questions along with questions about what my pet peeves are, when I approach a store what am I looking for or at and etc. The HR rep did a LOT of talking and according to her its done in order to "pre-answer" any questions that I might have.

Interview Questions
    • There werent any difficult or unexpected questions that I was asked. Be ready to discuss a little bit about P&L statements and how to tackle a store thats underperforming, what might you do to pick it back up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in April 2008.

I had to be in good standing with the company in order to be promoted to manager. I also had to have at least an average of $75 an hour sales history for the previous month. I had to complete an application and send in my resume like I had never worked for the company before, even though at the time I was the Assistant Manager of the store. The company normally does not promote to Manager in the same store that you are Assistant Manager, but my store is in a remote location so no other Manager at the time wanted the drive time.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in the company in order to increase productivity?   View Answer
    • What are your plans for the future in order to drive business within the company?   View Answer
    Run! There were no negotiations at all. I actually found out what the Manager salary was when I received my first Manager pay check. After 2 years as Manager, I have found out that I am also the lowest paid Manager in our 17 store district.

District Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in September 2010.

This is not a cookie cutter interview process. You'll have to take a 45 minute behavioral analysis survey that will give the interviewer a 14 page "glimpse" into what makes you tick. The report is astonishingly accurate and revealing (I used these reports after I was hired regularly during my own interviews). The focus of the interview was on the "Assets and Liabilities" portion of the print off. During this professional grill session, you'll be placed on the "hot seat" where your resume and assets and liabilities will be dissected. Everything between these two materials will be questioned at great length. I sat in on a few of these interviews after the fact in an observer role and was extremely uncomfortable just being in the presence of the interogation. I recommend walking through your "life on paper" before going in and being able to answer the "why" and "what were you thinking" style questions to each peice of information you have listed.

Interview Questions
    Management asked what my best W2 looked like, I told them, and they matched.

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack in April 2009.

Asked how mucch multi unit experience i had and if i was willling to relocate

Interview Questions
    • what problem have you faced in your current job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to relocat within the company   Answer Question

Pay was not much more than my currect pay as a store manager for another company