RadioShack District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, within a week received call from HR recruiter. Had 2 phone interviews, recruiter was interactive, informational. Received a call to set up a face to face with the Regional Manager, was given a few choice times, scheduled one. Day before interview recruiter called, said big corporate people were coming to town, wanted to reschedule the interview, I told her I had already rearranged my schedule to accommodate theirs and couldn't change it, she said no problem we'll do it at the scheduled time. Arrived at interview location, regional manager said he had a lot of things going on and sarcastically said "I wish we could do this in the car I have a million other things I have to do". Once in his office he first said "I guess we will do this interview since you drove so far( recruiter told him I drove an hour to get to interview). After 10 minutes of his cell phone ringing constantly, he just kept hanging it up, (yes , he left his ringer on loud during the interview) he said maybe we should reschedule this, I'll have the recruiter call you later on today. Recruiter never called for reschedule, sounds like Regional was too worried about other things to notify her. Very unprofessional interview(Phone constantly ringing, focus on other things, even the 3 questions were directly read from generic interview outline). I thought I would check out this company that's in serious financial trouble and help them turn it around, after that experience it's obvious why their headed towards bankruptcy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Interview

The hiring process is so rigid. I have experience doing what it is they are looking for, but for some reason, they denied my application to further the process. I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Questions

• N/A - there was not question that I couldn't answer.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

Interview

The interview started off with a very energized member of Human Resources going over the details of the company with me. Financials, Job expectations, the role and job description. Then a few situational based questions along with questions about what my pet peeves are, when I approach a store what am I looking for or at and etc. The HR rep did a LOT of talking and according to her its done in order to "pre-answer" any questions that I might have.

Interview Questions

• There werent any difficult or unexpected questions that I was asked. Be ready to discuss a little bit about P&L statements and how to tackle a store thats underperforming, what might you do to pick it back up.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in February 2013.

Interview

Had phone Interviews with Regional HR, Divisional HR and face to face with the Regional Director and later with the Divisional VP. All were very friendly, I enjoyed it. They really sold me on the company and it's benefits.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style? Very standard questions!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Dayton, TN) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to be in good standing with the company in order to be promoted to manager. I also had to have at least an average of $75 an hour sales history for the previous month. I had to complete an application and send in my resume like I had never worked for the company before, even though at the time I was the Assistant Manager of the store. The company normally does not promote to Manager in the same store that you are Assistant Manager, but my store is in a remote location so no other Manager at the time wanted the drive time.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the company in order to increase productivity?   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future in order to drive business within the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Run! There were no negotiations at all. I actually found out what the Manager salary was when I received my first Manager pay check. After 2 years as Manager, I have found out that I am also the lowest paid Manager in our 17 store district.

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in September 2010.

Interview

This is not a cookie cutter interview process. You'll have to take a 45 minute behavioral analysis survey that will give the interviewer a 14 page "glimpse" into what makes you tick. The report is astonishingly accurate and revealing (I used these reports after I was hired regularly during my own interviews). The focus of the interview was on the "Assets and Liabilities" portion of the print off. During this professional grill session, you'll be placed on the "hot seat" where your resume and assets and liabilities will be dissected. Everything between these two materials will be questioned at great length. I sat in on a few of these interviews after the fact in an observer role and was extremely uncomfortable just being in the presence of the interogation. I recommend walking through your "life on paper" before going in and being able to answer the "why" and "what were you thinking" style questions to each peice of information you have listed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Management asked what my best W2 looked like, I told them, and they matched.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RadioShack in April 2009.

Interview

Asked how mucch multi unit experience i had and if i was willling to relocate

Interview Questions

• what problem have you faced in your current job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to relocat within the company   Answer Question

Pay was not much more than my currect pay as a store manager for another company