RadioShack

2.2

Radioshack Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

Two interviews not that long easy breezy no reason to even be nervous for. I think it was a total of 5 questions total in each interview both interviews were completely different.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if a customer yelled at me?   View Answer
    It was easy wish I had pushed harder to be at top pay in the beginning.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

The initial application is on the Radio Shack website, it's a fairly long application requiring you to take a timed test to assess your math and some other skills. The interview was held in another store where there were multiple store managers from several locations. I sat with two managers, one from the store I was applying at and one from another store. After the interview I was offered a position as a sales associate and went to a one day training class. There are multiple other online training courses that are taken in store after hire.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just basic describe a time when... happened.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

very simple. only asked basic questions about electronics. the only thing he asked me is what 10% of 500 is. and i said 50. then you interview with the DM and if the manager likes you then you basically already have the job. The DM just wants to meet you and get to know the person who will be joining his team.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions at all. its pretty easy and straight forward   Answer Question
    no its a base salary for the minumum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in December 2014.

Long comfortable interview. Nearly begged for me to take the job but minimum wage plus 3% commission won't pay the bills. 50% off was a nice benefit but also only hire management from within, and I need better pay. 26 hours part time and 36 hours full time.

Interview Questions
    • Human encounter, reaction to situations, drive for sales.   Answer Question

Pay unstable and low

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

DO NOT APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the interview they ask you simply question. You basically need to know more about phones and you're defiantly in!!!! RadioShack want you to sale more phones they get more profit from selling cellphones and you will get more commission from there as well too. It's only 2% ohh never mind now that I remember they change it to 1% commission . "Que se lo metan por el culo los putos!!!!" I seriously regretted working for this company that's why it has been the worst company to work for for the passed years.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for radioshack?   View Answer
    They start you with 7.25 after a month or two months they'll move you to become a key holder you will have more responsibility but will still be getting pay 7.25 yes 7.25!!!!!!!!!!

I really regret working for this company don't even try to apply!!!!

Not even the district manager seems to care about any sales associate I kept complaining about my manager and he never did nothing about it all he cares about is you and the store making the sales goals for the month

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied online and then had a follow up phone call to come in and do an in-store interview. Most questions were very basic. They wanted to know my background, what were my strengths/weaknesses. Why would I make a good employee. The usual stuff. I was only looking for a part-time position while in college.

Other options

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

IT was an easy hiring process with just an interview and background check. It took two weeks and I was hired. THe interview was almost pro forma as he didnt really ask me many questions. He seemed to have already have hired me in his head before I even interviewed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Going to ask you about comfort with sales and long hours. Won't mention your a low base reliant on sales for more money and the push to sell cell phones.

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

no negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2014.

Applied on line, within a week received call from HR recruiter. Had 2 phone interviews, recruiter was interactive, informational. Received a call to set up a face to face with the Regional Manager, was given a few choice times, scheduled one. Day before interview recruiter called, said big corporate people were coming to town, wanted to reschedule the interview, I told her I had already rearranged my schedule to accommodate theirs and couldn't change it, she said no problem we'll do it at the scheduled time. Arrived at interview location, regional manager said he had a lot of things going on and sarcastically said "I wish we could do this in the car I have a million other things I have to do". Once in his office he first said "I guess we will do this interview since you drove so far( recruiter told him I drove an hour to get to interview). After 10 minutes of his cell phone ringing constantly, he just kept hanging it up, (yes , he left his ringer on loud during the interview) he said maybe we should reschedule this, I'll have the recruiter call you later on today. Recruiter never called for reschedule, sounds like Regional was too worried about other things to notify her. Very unprofessional interview(Phone constantly ringing, focus on other things, even the 3 questions were directly read from generic interview outline). I thought I would check out this company that's in serious financial trouble and help them turn it around, after that experience it's obvious why their headed towards bankruptcy.