RadioShack

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

DO NOT APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the interview they ask you simply question. You basically need to know more about phones and you're defiantly in!!!! RadioShack want you to sale more phones they get more profit from selling cellphones and you will get more commission from there as well too. It's only 2% ohh never mind now that I remember they change it to 1% commission . "Que se lo metan por el culo los putos!!!!" I seriously regretted working for this company that's why it has been the worst company to work for for the passed years.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work for radioshack?   View Answer
    They start you with 7.25 after a month or two months they'll move you to become a key holder you will have more responsibility but will still be getting pay 7.25 yes 7.25!!!!!!!!!!

I really regret working for this company don't even try to apply!!!!

Not even the district manager seems to care about any sales associate I kept complaining about my manager and he never did nothing about it all he cares about is you and the store making the sales goals for the month

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied online and then had a follow up phone call to come in and do an in-store interview. Most questions were very basic. They wanted to know my background, what were my strengths/weaknesses. Why would I make a good employee. The usual stuff. I was only looking for a part-time position while in college.

Other options

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

IT was an easy hiring process with just an interview and background check. It took two weeks and I was hired. THe interview was almost pro forma as he didnt really ask me many questions. He seemed to have already have hired me in his head before I even interviewed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Going to ask you about comfort with sales and long hours. Won't mention your a low base reliant on sales for more money and the push to sell cell phones.

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

no negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2014.

Applied on line, within a week received call from HR recruiter. Had 2 phone interviews, recruiter was interactive, informational. Received a call to set up a face to face with the Regional Manager, was given a few choice times, scheduled one. Day before interview recruiter called, said big corporate people were coming to town, wanted to reschedule the interview, I told her I had already rearranged my schedule to accommodate theirs and couldn't change it, she said no problem we'll do it at the scheduled time. Arrived at interview location, regional manager said he had a lot of things going on and sarcastically said "I wish we could do this in the car I have a million other things I have to do". Once in his office he first said "I guess we will do this interview since you drove so far( recruiter told him I drove an hour to get to interview). After 10 minutes of his cell phone ringing constantly, he just kept hanging it up, (yes , he left his ringer on loud during the interview) he said maybe we should reschedule this, I'll have the recruiter call you later on today. Recruiter never called for reschedule, sounds like Regional was too worried about other things to notify her. Very unprofessional interview(Phone constantly ringing, focus on other things, even the 3 questions were directly read from generic interview outline). I thought I would check out this company that's in serious financial trouble and help them turn it around, after that experience it's obvious why their headed towards bankruptcy.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2014.

The DM called me in for an interview. He asked your basic work experience, and for you to explain situations. You have to know your greatest strengths and weaknesses, and be willing to push wireless!

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation that you weren't able to take care of some customer and the result.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiations. They hire you in as a manager in training $12/hr, then if a positron is open after the training process then you get that job!

Senior Management Interview

The hire and interview process is not hard. Easy process to fallow. If you visit any RadioShack you will notice is full of High School kids thats how easy it is the hiring and interview process.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in September 2014.

Online. It takes about 40 minutes total. Phone call to set up interview. Then the interview was around 40 minutes long including normal interview questions. Afterwards I was offered a job though a phone call 4 days later, it took 2 and a half weeks to actually get a shift scheduled due to them losing my background check.

Interview Questions
    • A customer walks in and wants to be a highlighter, but really needs a pen. How would you stray them from the highlighter into getting the pen? Btw its for a formal letter.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

Applied on line and a referral went to interview and got it on the spot. Worst decision i could have ever made ever. WordsApplied on line and a referral went to interview and got it on the spot. Worst decision i could have ever made ever. WordsApplied on line and a referral went to interview and got it on the spot. Worst decision i could have ever made ever. WordsApplied on line and a referral went to interview and got it on the spot. Worst decision i could have ever made ever. Words