RadioShack Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.2

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

You must submit a questionnaire through an online portal. The managers take this far too seriously and will not interview you with a good score. There is also an option to add a Resume. Do it. Plenty of the applicants don't, and the few that do stand out.

No drug test, but you will sign a paper authorizing one. There's a good chance your manager does coke anyway.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked questions generated from a pool that the manager has to ask you, as well as a few of their own.

If you know anything about Transistors, circuit diagrams, wiring, or anything to do with electronics, they don't care. They will want to know what you know about cellphones.

One question they always ask is if you own a cellphone, and if so, How would you sell your cellphone to someone?

Make up stuff like "well it has a 8.0 mega pixel camera so you can take nice pictures with it". Name a feature, and describe how it's useful. Your technical explanations will fall on deaf ears, as your customer base is the dumbest bunch of mouth breathers you will ever meet, who don't know what Amazon is.
        Answer Question

Senior Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawndale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawndale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

I was recruited from Payless shoes by the District Manager. I had one interview with him and worked two week while on vacation from Payless. The interview was more about my concerns as the District manager had been shopping my store for quite awhile.

Interview Questions
    • As you have never worked in a commission based position, how do you believe you will adjust.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Online application, with a follow up phone call. Interview then hired. Watched training videos on sales and trained on POS.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions
    • With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Good company to work for.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

I had an initial interview with the manager of the particular store I wanted to work at. After my interview with the store manager, I had an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were about cellphones. I didn't know a lot about them during the interview but after getting the job they teach you.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I move up in the company

Interview Questions
    none they just gave you a offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied and there really wasn't an interview. I just was hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

depending on the urgency of the store needing a new hire you can expect a call with in three days. along with scoring high on the quiz of the application. interview is normal process of getting an idea of who you are and if you are fit for this performance based company.

Interview Questions
    negociate your hours clearly and what you expect.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied at the store and dropped off my resume, received a call the next day to meet with the General Manager. After a brief interview, i was asked to start the next day

Interview Questions
    • When did I deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, i took the first offer