RadioShack

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in July 2014.

Applied online, got a call within a few days to set up an in person interview. The interviewer was really nice and laidback. Questions were normal sales questions, ex. How would you sell something, How would you approach a customer that can't make a decision, Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you do your research on common interview questions and you'll be good   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

First was interviewed via' telephone by a district manager. An interview was set up for a one on one. Seemed very open and very good in explaining the procedures of the store and how Radio Shack has returned to the market; mainly cell phone services.

Interview Questions
    • None really - standard questions. More of a conversation then questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview with manager where you are asked basic electronics questions then interview with district manager who basically just offers you the job. A lot of questions about cellphones since that is their main focus now.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later to be interviewed at the store by the manager. The interview was conducted at the managers desk in the back of the store. I walked in the store at first and was greeted like a customer and told them I was here for an interview and waited for the manager to come out for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what would I do when a customer becomes irritated and creates a scene.   View Answer
    The pay rate was not negotiable.

Assistant Manager/Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview and the hiring process is very easy, just answer a couple questions of past experiences and personal characteristics. Personally I have done some hiring as a assistant manager and feel like questions are very reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • i think the hardest questions are when it comes to ethics. Such as if one catches the senior manager doing something against company policies, what should we do?   View Answer
    You must be flexible with your hours.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

My first interview was amazing! He kept me on my toes. It was all Q&A. He asked questions of what if. How well do I adapt to others how do I work with them. He ask me how do I work with certain areas in the store what might I have troubles with? He wanted to know how I was outside of work, What am I mainly about? Even taught me how to push warranties which really helps me now! I felt very welcomed like I got the job. I did have one interview with the manager, and if the manager feels I was good enough he passes you to district for a phone interview.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Process was short and to the point. I went though an interview with the District Manager that lasted about 15 minutes. Questions were pretty soft. Second interview with Regional Manager was even shorter. They were desperate to fix the store I was hired for, so they saw me as a good candidate and didnt want to waste time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to diffuse an angry customer situation (where they were in the wrong or misunderstood) and how did you handle it in order to follow company guidelines but also have the customer agreeable.   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

My interview process was horrible. I had to interview 3 times not with my direct superior but his boss. I ran the store I took over for 3 months before I recived the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for information off reports that I did not have access to.   View Answer

RadioShack Interview

I was told to come in for a first interview, which I was asked minimal questions such as what's my experience in retail, how many hours I am available to work, what kind of salesman type positions have I held. Once that interview was completed and I was in my manager's favor, I was then scheduled to have a meeting with the district manager of the particular store I was applying to. After successfully completing this section of the hiring process, I moved on to starting my first of the three phases of training.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have previous experience with marketing or sales?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Took a personality test and sat with manager