RadioShack Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very simple. only asked basic questions about electronics. the only thing he asked me is what 10% of 500 is. and i said 50. then you interview with the DM and if the manager likes you then you basically already have the job. The DM just wants to meet you and get to know the person who will be joining his team.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. its pretty easy and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

no its a base salary for the minumum wage

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RadioShack (Merrimack, NH) in December 2014.

Interview

Long comfortable interview. Nearly begged for me to take the job but minimum wage plus 3% commission won't pay the bills. 50% off was a nice benefit but also only hire management from within, and I need better pay. 26 hours part time and 36 hours full time.

Interview Questions

• Human encounter, reaction to situations, drive for sales.   Answer Question

Pay unstable and low

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I applied online and then had a follow up phone call to come in and do an in-store interview. Most questions were very basic. They wanted to know my background, what were my strengths/weaknesses. Why would I make a good employee. The usual stuff. I was only looking for a part-time position while in college.

Other options

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Driggs, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Driggs, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from them in a few days. Had a phone interview. Then had an in person interview. Was called a few days later saying I got the job. The entire process was pretty straightforward and easy. One comment, be prepared, and you will do good. Best of luck!

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

IT was an easy hiring process with just an interview and background check. It took two weeks and I was hired. THe interview was almost pro forma as he didnt really ask me many questions. He seemed to have already have hired me in his head before I even interviewed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Going to ask you about comfort with sales and long hours. Won't mention your a low base reliant on sales for more money and the push to sell cell phones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RadioShack in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, within a week received call from HR recruiter. Had 2 phone interviews, recruiter was interactive, informational. Received a call to set up a face to face with the Regional Manager, was given a few choice times, scheduled one. Day before interview recruiter called, said big corporate people were coming to town, wanted to reschedule the interview, I told her I had already rearranged my schedule to accommodate theirs and couldn't change it, she said no problem we'll do it at the scheduled time. Arrived at interview location, regional manager said he had a lot of things going on and sarcastically said "I wish we could do this in the car I have a million other things I have to do". Once in his office he first said "I guess we will do this interview since you drove so far( recruiter told him I drove an hour to get to interview). After 10 minutes of his cell phone ringing constantly, he just kept hanging it up, (yes , he left his ringer on loud during the interview) he said maybe we should reschedule this, I'll have the recruiter call you later on today. Recruiter never called for reschedule, sounds like Regional was too worried about other things to notify her. Very unprofessional interview(Phone constantly ringing, focus on other things, even the 3 questions were directly read from generic interview outline). I thought I would check out this company that's in serious financial trouble and help them turn it around, after that experience it's obvious why their headed towards bankruptcy.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RadioShack (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The DM called me in for an interview. He asked your basic work experience, and for you to explain situations. You have to know your greatest strengths and weaknesses, and be willing to push wireless!

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation that you weren't able to take care of some customer and the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiations. They hire you in as a manager in training $12/hr, then if a positron is open after the training process then you get that job!

Anonymous Employee in Ephrata, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RadioShack (Ephrata, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very casual, almost unprofessional. The manager was eating lunch during the interview. It took place in the stock room and there was no second chair, so I was told to sit on a box of merchandise (I am not a small man).

Interview Questions

• What in your past makes you think you're a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer