RadioShack Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions
    • With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in September 2010.

Initial and follow up interviews. Criminal background check and credit check. No drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker was stealing customers and commission from you.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at RadioShack in June 2013.

Was hire as a Sales Associate, moved up to Assistant Manager and showed an extreme interest in becoming a Store Manager which resulted in an over the phone interview with the Regional Manager which was a pretty standard interview going through items such as how to retain business, increase profit, and what my accomplishments within the company so far.

Interview Questions
    • Why Radioshack...? The question threw me off at first even though it is a simple and to the point question but when I was asked at first I did not know how to respond, and as I have interviewed others I ask the same question which has been a great start to seeing how they talk and handle themselves in a branded question and situation.   View Answer
    I was not offered a negotiation the Regional Manager and District Manager chose a salary without ever telling me, I found out a month later and was quite dissapointed. Overall happy with everything within the company with that one exception.

Assistant Manager Interview

Very easy. Had SM interview. DM interview. RM interview.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RadioShack.

You must submit a questionnaire through an online portal. The managers take this far too seriously and will not interview you with a good score. There is also an option to add a Resume. Do it. Plenty of the applicants don't, and the few that do stand out.

No drug test, but you will sign a paper authorizing one. There's a good chance your manager does coke anyway.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked questions generated from a pool that the manager has to ask you, as well as a few of their own.

If you know anything about Transistors, circuit diagrams, wiring, or anything to do with electronics, they don't care. They will want to know what you know about cellphones.

One question they always ask is if you own a cellphone, and if so, How would you sell your cellphone to someone?

Make up stuff like "well it has a 8.0 mega pixel camera so you can take nice pictures with it". Name a feature, and describe how it's useful. Your technical explanations will fall on deaf ears, as your customer base is the dumbest bunch of mouth breathers you will ever meet, who don't know what Amazon is.
        Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lapeer, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in August 2012.

Relevant experience necessary, fill out an application online and hope you meet their culture requirements. If asked to interview you will have to place an emphasis on creating opportunities and closing sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a phone sale when a customer is shopping for something else?   View Answer
    I was given standard pay for the company

Senior Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawndale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawndale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

I was recruited from Payless shoes by the District Manager. I had one interview with him and worked two week while on vacation from Payless. The interview was more about my concerns as the District manager had been shopping my store for quite awhile.

Interview Questions
    • As you have never worked in a commission based position, how do you believe you will adjust.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in January 2010.

Talked to a manager. Manager sent me to the district office. I did a multiple choice test about an hour long. Just a lot of math and english questions.

Interview Questions
    • To describe an extreme situation and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RadioShack in May 2012.

I had applied online, it took almost a month to get a response. From there I had a phone interview with a store manager, (another 2 weeks) a face to face with a district manager then a phone interview with the regional manager and a formal offer (week and a half). 5 days latter I had my store.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage the people component of your business?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RadioShack.

Online application, with a follow up phone call. Interview then hired. Watched training videos on sales and trained on POS.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question