RadioShack

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions
    • With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Good company to work for.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

I had an initial interview with the manager of the particular store I wanted to work at. After my interview with the store manager, I had an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were about cellphones. I didn't know a lot about them during the interview but after getting the job they teach you.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I move up in the company

Interview Questions
    none they just gave you a offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied and there really wasn't an interview. I just was hired.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

depending on the urgency of the store needing a new hire you can expect a call with in three days. along with scoring high on the quiz of the application. interview is normal process of getting an idea of who you are and if you are fit for this performance based company.

Interview Questions
    negociate your hours clearly and what you expect.

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied at the store and dropped off my resume, received a call the next day to meet with the General Manager. After a brief interview, i was asked to start the next day

Interview Questions
    • When did I deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, i took the first offer

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Very rarely are you hired off the street for a store management position. You have to work your way up from Associate or Assistant Manager. Once you've been considered for the position of manager, you will be given an interview by the District Manager. Time permitting, you may also have a panel interview with the District Manager, Regional Sales Director, and a Human Resources Recruiter. They will first want to know little bit about your past, but majority of the questions are in regards to how you will run the business.I remember them specifically asking what I would do if I had an employee that was consistently not hitting sales plan. How long would I give them to get the numbers up, what would I do to help this employee, and ultimately how long would it be before I had to terminate that employee.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I hate being asked and it seems to come up in a lot of interviews is what do you think your greatest weaknesses are? How do you plan on overcoming these weaknesses in order to be a successful store manager?   Answer Question
    Unfortunately, there is almost no negotiating any pay at RadioShack. Part-time and full-time associates are paid minimum wage, assistant managers get 20% over minimum wage. Managers however can be paid a little differently. There is a maximum payout for any given store. However, the district manager does not have to pay that manager that maximum payout. He can pretty much choose anything lower and then work his way up if you try to negotiate. But the thing is, you have no clue what the maximum number is. The number that they throwout to you might very well be the maximum.

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack in January 2014.

Scheduled phone interview via email.

Interview Questions
    • How can RadioShack make you better? Or what can RadioShack do for you?   Answer Question

Channel Support Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

Very simple and quick- submitted resume, was called for a phone interview, came in for a face to face interview, spoke with three people separately, and was called a few days later and offered the position over the phone.

After I applied online I had to do a skills test for microsoft word/excel/access etc. They asked some downright silly questions, and it took a lot longer than expected. However, I scored higher on the test than my boss's boss.

Interview Questions
    very simple- over the phone.