RadioShack Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

RadioShack Interview

Interview

I was told to come in for a first interview, which I was asked minimal questions such as what's my experience in retail, how many hours I am available to work, what kind of salesman type positions have I held. Once that interview was completed and I was in my manager's favor, I was then scheduled to have a meeting with the district manager of the particular store I was applying to. After successfully completing this section of the hiring process, I moved on to starting my first of the three phases of training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience with marketing or sales?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Took a personality test and sat with manager

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy. Had SM interview. DM interview. RM interview.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

You must submit a questionnaire through an online portal. The managers take this far too seriously and will not interview you with a good score. There is also an option to add a Resume. Do it. Plenty of the applicants don't, and the few that do stand out.

No drug test, but you will sign a paper authorizing one. There's a good chance your manager does coke anyway.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked questions generated from a pool that the manager has to ask you, as well as a few of their own.

If you know anything about Transistors, circuit diagrams, wiring, or anything to do with electronics, they don't care. They will want to know what you know about cellphones.

One question they always ask is if you own a cellphone, and if so, How would you sell your cellphone to someone?

Make up stuff like "well it has a 8.0 mega pixel camera so you can take nice pictures with it". Name a feature, and describe how it's useful. Your technical explanations will fall on deaf ears, as your customer base is the dumbest bunch of mouth breathers you will ever meet, who don't know what Amazon is.

Answer Question

Senior Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawndale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Lawndale, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from Payless shoes by the District Manager. I had one interview with him and worked two week while on vacation from Payless. The interview was more about my concerns as the District manager had been shopping my store for quite awhile.

Interview Questions

• As you have never worked in a commission based position, how do you believe you will adjust.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Online application, with a follow up phone call. Interview then hired. Watched training videos on sales and trained on POS.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack (Randolph, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions

• With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

Good company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Once you pass the online IQ and technical knowledge tests, you get an interview with the Manager and District Manager. The DM asked most of the questions, typical ones like "why sales" and "what's your experience." Ask the manager to recite their most recent acronym for sales (current one is G.R.E.A.T.) and if you shape your interview around that with the district manager, you will do well.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

Interview

When I first walked in I was immediately struck by the combination of people who were laid back but also knew what they were doing. The manager was awesome and very kind. The questions were straightforward but comfortable and I could tell it was going to be a good match. After the interview it was just a few days before I got the offer so there was no waiting around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's minimum wage plus a bit of commission so there was no negotiation phase. Considering the amount of knowledge and training needed to do the job well, it's not really enough but it is good work.