RadioShack Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Submitted application online then they called me for an interview. After that I was offered a job on the spot. Did a background check. Signed some papers. Then Started two days later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expand your sales without pushing it onto the customer?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

The interview process is alright. It takes two interviews to get it. the first interview is held by the manager of the store and the second one is by the distract manager. Then the call you in to fill a bunch of papers and then you get a call that you are ready to work after the check anything.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell this?
      How do you greet a customer?
      They ask you a bunch of sales questions.

View Answer
    No. Take it or Leave it

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

The hiring process went well until they leave you hanging if you don't fit what they're looking for.

Went through the normal interview process. Phone interview then went for a in person group interview. 2 weeks later, no email or call... That's fine if they feel that I don't fit what they're looking for *personally I disagree* but have the decency to follow up and send a quick email saying they moved on? I'm sure they have a template they can shoot if they are that "busy" and I know it's the same if you don't get a email/phone call back *you didn't get it* but that's just plain rude. Funny how the HR lady said they have southern hospitality at RS but guess that went out the door since they can't even have the courtesy to email me back.

I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked was the normal stuff. What you did at your previous role, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

The hiring process is so rigid. I have experience doing what it is they are looking for, but for some reason, they denied my application to further the process. I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Questions
    • N/A - there was not question that I couldn't answer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in November 2013.

The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit.

Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training.

After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away.

Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Questions
    • A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in November 2013.

I applied on-line. The process took 1 week - the interview took place November 2013. There were 2 interviews on 2 different days. One with the manager of the store and another with the general manager. The in store manger interview was really easy, the general manager interview was more difficult.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

I was first called by a recruiter for a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was set up for an interview with the district manager about half an hour away from my location. The district manager hired me on the spot and I was told to submit some papers at another store (one I would not be working at). I never met my store manager until my first day at the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Just regular interview questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

The interview started off with a very energized member of Human Resources going over the details of the company with me. Financials, Job expectations, the role and job description. Then a few situational based questions along with questions about what my pet peeves are, when I approach a store what am I looking for or at and etc. The HR rep did a LOT of talking and according to her its done in order to "pre-answer" any questions that I might have.

Interview Questions
    • There werent any difficult or unexpected questions that I was asked. Be ready to discuss a little bit about P&L statements and how to tackle a store thats underperforming, what might you do to pick it back up.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

Very simple, my Boss asked some good sales questions. Asked a lot about work history and skills. Was very friendly and explained what the job entailed and the average amount of hours I would be working when I was there.

Interview Questions
    • Had me do a small roleplay of him asking me questions about a type of product. mine was the Iphone 4. He knew I had one so he kept it easy. He asked me to explain the color codes on the resistors because I had an electronics background. I also answered some tough questions about computers. Overall he was very friendly.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. told me that the salary was $8 an hour with 2% commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

The interview process was fun. Its not a one on one type of interview. They actually do a group interview so you can basically get to know the person on your left and on the right. A way to compare and contrast your skills and experience with those around you.