RadioShack

Average Difficulty
300 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – The interview process is alright. It takes two interviews to get it. the first interview is held by the manager of the store and the second one is by the distract manager. Then the call you in to fill a bunch of papers and then you get a call that you are ready to work after the check anything.

Interview Question – How do you sell this?
How do you greet a customer?
They ask you a bunch of sales questions.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Take it or Leave it

Morris, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit.

Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training.

After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away.

Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Question – A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – The hiring process went well until they leave you hanging if you don't fit what they're looking for.

Went through the normal interview process. Phone interview then went for a in person group interview. 2 weeks later, no email or call... That's fine if they feel that I don't fit what they're looking for *personally I disagree* but have the decency to follow up and send a quick email saying they moved on? I'm sure they have a template they can shoot if they are that "busy" and I know it's the same if you don't get a email/phone call back *you didn't get it* but that's just plain rude. Funny how the HR lady said they have southern hospitality at RS but guess that went out the door since they can't even have the courtesy to email me back.

I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Question – The questions they asked was the normal stuff. What you did at your previous role, etc.   Answer Question

San Clemente, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in October 2012.

Interview Details – Brought in for an interview which was mostly just a standard style, which stressed that it was performance based. I was asked how i performed under stress, how I would sell a cell phone to someone, and how I could describe the features of even a basic cell phone.

Interview Question – Sell me your phone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hired on the spot

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Columbus, OH

Interviewed at RadioShack

Interview Details – The hiring process is so rigid. I have experience doing what it is they are looking for, but for some reason, they denied my application to further the process. I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Question – N/A - there was not question that I couldn't answer.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in November 2009.

Interview Details – fill out online application, complete assessment exam ( 1 hour long, math part can be difficult because its not real life situations ), interview is as long as the interest is to hire you. if your good, it will take some time, if you not good, dont have all the right responses, poor body language, poor posture, interview can be quick. must have a current up to date resume

Interview Question – the regional director of operations ( RDO ) of metro NYC asked me: "if there was only ONE thing in this business that you could have control over, what would it be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary was depended on location and or volume, the bigger the store/ higher the volume, the more you would be paid. there are occasional......again...occasional merit increases...but not every year and it depends on your performance. but the skies the limit to your earning potential at 1.5% commission of everything you sell if that sounds like alot lol..yea i had to laugh...

Tampa, FL

I applied online - interviewed at RadioShack in July 2013.

Interview Details – Required to apply online only. Pass a personality type test. Also weeds out obvious thieves. Then contacted by local store manager for interview. They want cooperative people who will help with their store appearance, price tags, move and display merchandise, unload and put away incoming product (mostly small stuff, not real heavy). Flexible schedule so you can cover when someone else calls off or just no-shows. Most important is sell. Those are the main three things - plus dependable people, come to work on time, good attitude, dress code.
District Manager may follow up with 2nd interview. Confirming you're the "right kind of candidate" (see above). Have a smile on your face (or in your voice if phone interview) and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time..." Usually something to do with satisfying a difficult and/or upset customer or a big upsell you made - above and beyond what the customer came in for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They pay a set hourly guaranteed wage, PLUS commission. But opportunity to advance and work yourself silly as a store manager. Turnover seems to be very high, at all levels.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview started off with a very energized member of Human Resources going over the details of the company with me. Financials, Job expectations, the role and job description. Then a few situational based questions along with questions about what my pet peeves are, when I approach a store what am I looking for or at and etc. The HR rep did a LOT of talking and according to her its done in order to "pre-answer" any questions that I might have.

Interview Question – There werent any difficult or unexpected questions that I was asked. Be ready to discuss a little bit about P&L statements and how to tackle a store thats underperforming, what might you do to pick it back up.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Gadsden, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RadioShack in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process for RadioShack is fairly simple, but make sure that you go into the interview level headed and don't make some stupid guess at the questions. Management WILL laugh behind your back once you leave. I've seen this happen multiple times. Managers don't really care to hear what you have to say.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – I was first called by a recruiter for a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was set up for an interview with the district manager about half an hour away from my location. The district manager hired me on the spot and I was told to submit some papers at another store (one I would not be working at). I never met my store manager until my first day at the job.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Just regular interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at RadioShack