RadioShack Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RadioShack.

I applied at the store and dropped off my resume, received a call the next day to meet with the General Manager. After a brief interview, i was asked to start the next day

Interview Questions
    • When did I deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, i took the first offer

Any Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in June 2010.

You will need to know the retail sales process from greet in to greet out Need to be able to sell your cell phone to interviewer. You to know how to think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Depends on manager that you interview with. Most give standard questions.   Answer Question
    There is not one. Take it or leave it.

Retail Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RadioShack.

Very rarely are you hired off the street for a store management position. You have to work your way up from Associate or Assistant Manager. Once you've been considered for the position of manager, you will be given an interview by the District Manager. Time permitting, you may also have a panel interview with the District Manager, Regional Sales Director, and a Human Resources Recruiter. They will first want to know little bit about your past, but majority of the questions are in regards to how you will run the business.I remember them specifically asking what I would do if I had an employee that was consistently not hitting sales plan. How long would I give them to get the numbers up, what would I do to help this employee, and ultimately how long would it be before I had to terminate that employee.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I hate being asked and it seems to come up in a lot of interviews is what do you think your greatest weaknesses are? How do you plan on overcoming these weaknesses in order to be a successful store manager?   Answer Question
    Unfortunately, there is almost no negotiating any pay at RadioShack. Part-time and full-time associates are paid minimum wage, assistant managers get 20% over minimum wage. Managers however can be paid a little differently. There is a maximum payout for any given store. However, the district manager does not have to pay that manager that maximum payout. He can pretty much choose anything lower and then work his way up if you try to negotiate. But the thing is, you have no clue what the maximum number is. The number that they throwout to you might very well be the maximum.

Channel Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

Very simple and quick- submitted resume, was called for a phone interview, came in for a face to face interview, spoke with three people separately, and was called a few days later and offered the position over the phone.

After I applied online I had to do a skills test for microsoft word/excel/access etc. They asked some downright silly questions, and it took a lot longer than expected. However, I scored higher on the test than my boss's boss.

Interview Questions
    very simple- over the phone.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at RadioShack.

They want sales associate over anything else so the entire process revolved around if you can sell. First interview was with a manager then with the district manager, keep in mind that you work for the district manager and he can transfer your store whenever he wants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at RadioShack in October 2012.

I applied onilne and got called a few days later. Went in to the interview with the district Manager was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot. All you have to do know a little backround about radioshack and how to deal with customers. How to sale to customers who are just looking and how to offer everything.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RadioShack.

Submitted application online then they called me for an interview. After that I was offered a job on the spot. Did a background check. Signed some papers. Then Started two days later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expand your sales without pushing it onto the customer?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

The interview process is alright. It takes two interviews to get it. the first interview is held by the manager of the store and the second one is by the distract manager. Then the call you in to fill a bunch of papers and then you get a call that you are ready to work after the check anything.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell this?
      How do you greet a customer?
      They ask you a bunch of sales questions.
        View Answer
    No. Take it or Leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack in November 2013.

The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit.

Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training.

After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away.

Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Questions
    • A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at RadioShack.

The hiring process went well until they leave you hanging if you don't fit what they're looking for.

Went through the normal interview process. Phone interview then went for a in person group interview. 2 weeks later, no email or call... That's fine if they feel that I don't fit what they're looking for *personally I disagree* but have the decency to follow up and send a quick email saying they moved on? I'm sure they have a template they can shoot if they are that "busy" and I know it's the same if you don't get a email/phone call back *you didn't get it* but that's just plain rude. Funny how the HR lady said they have southern hospitality at RS but guess that went out the door since they can't even have the courtesy to email me back.

I would not recommend this Company for furthering their career. Terrible!!

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked was the normal stuff. What you did at your previous role, etc.   Answer Question