RadioShack Interview Questions in New York City, NY

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions
    • With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   View Answer

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RadioShack.

I applied at the store and dropped off my resume, received a call the next day to meet with the General Manager. After a brief interview, i was asked to start the next day

Interview Questions
    • When did I deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, i took the first offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at RadioShack in October 2012.

I applied onilne and got called a few days later. Went in to the interview with the district Manager was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot. All you have to do know a little backround about radioshack and how to deal with customers. How to sale to customers who are just looking and how to offer everything.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in November 2009.

fill out online application, complete assessment exam ( 1 hour long, math part can be difficult because its not real life situations ), interview is as long as the interest is to hire you. if your good, it will take some time, if you not good, dont have all the right responses, poor body language, poor posture, interview can be quick. must have a current up to date resume

Interview Questions
    • the regional director of operations ( RDO ) of metro NYC asked me: "if there was only ONE thing in this business that you could have control over, what would it be?"   View Answer
    salary was depended on location and or volume, the bigger the store/ higher the volume, the more you would be paid. there are occasional......again...occasional merit increases...but not every year and it depends on your performance. but the skies the limit to your earning potential at 1.5% commission of everything you sell if that sounds like alot lol..yea i had to laugh...

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RadioShack in September 2011.

I was referred to by a friend, my experience, got me hired right away, though there is a drug test screening.

None, standard hourly for managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RadioShack in March 2010.

I applied to work for RadioShack when I heard they were hiring. I haven't heard nothing from them for months then I got an email talking about an open house. We had to be at the store before 5 and wait in line. We then got escorted to a room to hear a few words from managers and to watch a power point. Soon we filled out an application and by alphabetical order we went to our designated interviewer. When it was my turn, I went inside a small room looking like a janitors closet, and got interviewed by who would soon be my manager. He looked mean and I really couldn't read his face. He then asked me to "sell" my cell phone to him. I was so nervous I didnt know what to say. All I said was that I was nervous. He said thats fine, looked at my resume said it was impressive. He was kind of quiet then he told me to come with him. He brought me to the highest floor where he told me to sit and wait for him to return. He soon brought back W2 forms, background checks, etc paperwork to fill out. I had to wait for 30 minutes to be called in to see the district manager. He seemed more friendlier yet it was intimidating because he was DISTRICT manager afterall lol. He said he liked me then let me go. Next day I got an email from RadioShack saying Congratulations welcome aboard to RadioShack, please fill out something for the employment online, and blah blah. My manager (guy who interviewed me) eventually called me like 5 days later to let me know when to come in for work.

This was my first job ever at age 18 so it was an exciting time and shocking that I actually got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult and/or unexpected question would have to be selling my cell phone. I know I was applying for the sales associate position but was still caught off guard. Maybe it was because this was my first job interview ever.   View Answer
    No negotiations. I accepted my minimum wage with commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RadioShack in October 2010.

very unprofessional , just meet up in messy stock room at retail store and expect to want the job, In all you can tell every one working there trying to tell you run away.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel to different store to pick up product without reimbursement for mileage on car use? .   View Answer
    Nothing much long process of exams that were useless to begin with. Everything i learned in the two years i have worked their was on the sales floor.

District Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RadioShack.

I applied through Indeed.com, which took me to their online website. Initial communications were conducted via email. The interview was done over the phone. I did two interviews, one with the HR manager, the other with the district manager for whom I'd be performing the administrative duties. It seems the only thing that kept me from getting the job was, they wanted a candidate that lived closer to the HQ, whereas I lived an hour and a half away. After the second interview, I was never contacted again, even after sending repeated emails to see the status of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Would you leave a company if you read that it was on the brink of bankruptcy?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at RadioShack in March 2012.

It was pretty easy, i called and secluded an interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you have a problem selling in the store?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack in June 2012.

I applied online and days letter, I received an email from the District Manager of Radio Shack. He said in his email that he has an opportunity at one of his stores, which was RadioShack Newport Mall. I replied to tell him that I accept the offer and later he emailed me back and told me that the store manager will reach out to me to schedule an interview. The store manager reached out to me to schedule an interview and I had the interview with the assistant manager and she gave me about 10 to 12 questions. Then she wrote down my answers and was very happy to pass on my information to the District Manager. Then I had to schedule an interview with the District Manager and with him it was an overview of the position and told me that the position was minimum wage plus commission. During the first 60 days I will earn partial commission and after 90 days or depending how fast I sell, I will earn full commission. I must sell cell phones, If I sell anything else, I will not earn as much commission. Then after that, I have to sign criminal background papers and provide my social and my ID and then I will be good to go.

Interview Questions

The manager at the store I was selected to work at was very disorganized and had problems. He called me a liar because he felt that I lied to his District Manager and his Assistant Manager of my availability. I was like, you got to be kidding me? So I got the bad impression that I will not get along with him and I myself would not be happy store associate. Therefore, I told him that I am going to move forward and find an employer I am going to be happy with.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!