RadioShack

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in March 2014.

I had an interview with the store manager and district manager. It was a series of questions about sales experience, strengths, weaknesses, availability, bilingual etc. I did have experience in a commission based job and with sales so that was a plus, although i know people who got hired without any experience. Ultimately you are not trained very well and only learn about selling phones because that is all they care about selling. After interview was done, they told me to wait outside for a little while they discussed my offer. The district manager came out and offered me a job and told me when to start training.

Interview Questions
    • With the base hourly wage of 8.25 and 2% commission, how much do you think you can make an hour?   View Answer

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied at the store and dropped off my resume, received a call the next day to meet with the General Manager. After a brief interview, i was asked to start the next day

Interview Questions
    • When did I deal with a difficult customer and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, i took the first offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack in October 2012.

I applied onilne and got called a few days later. Went in to the interview with the district Manager was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot. All you have to do know a little backround about radioshack and how to deal with customers. How to sale to customers who are just looking and how to offer everything.

District Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied through Indeed.com, which took me to their online website. Initial communications were conducted via email. The interview was done over the phone. I did two interviews, one with the HR manager, the other with the district manager for whom I'd be performing the administrative duties. It seems the only thing that kept me from getting the job was, they wanted a candidate that lived closer to the HQ, whereas I lived an hour and a half away. After the second interview, I was never contacted again, even after sending repeated emails to see the status of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Would you leave a company if you read that it was on the brink of bankruptcy?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in June 2012.

I applied online and days letter, I received an email from the District Manager of Radio Shack. He said in his email that he has an opportunity at one of his stores, which was RadioShack Newport Mall. I replied to tell him that I accept the offer and later he emailed me back and told me that the store manager will reach out to me to schedule an interview. The store manager reached out to me to schedule an interview and I had the interview with the assistant manager and she gave me about 10 to 12 questions. Then she wrote down my answers and was very happy to pass on my information to the District Manager. Then I had to schedule an interview with the District Manager and with him it was an overview of the position and told me that the position was minimum wage plus commission. During the first 60 days I will earn partial commission and after 90 days or depending how fast I sell, I will earn full commission. I must sell cell phones, If I sell anything else, I will not earn as much commission. Then after that, I have to sign criminal background papers and provide my social and my ID and then I will be good to go.

Interview Questions

The manager at the store I was selected to work at was very disorganized and had problems. He called me a liar because he felt that I lied to his District Manager and his Assistant Manager of my availability. I was like, you got to be kidding me? So I got the bad impression that I will not get along with him and I myself would not be happy store associate. Therefore, I told him that I am going to move forward and find an employer I am going to be happy with.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack in March 2012.

It was pretty easy, i called and secluded an interview.

Interview Questions
    • what would you have a problem selling in the store?   View Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in September 2011.

I was referred to by a friend, my experience, got me hired right away, though there is a drug test screening.

None, standard hourly for managers

Phone Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack in July 2011.

I was taken into a backroom where the manager asked if I spoke Spanish, as I was a native I did. He asked me to do the interview in Spanish because he needed someone who definitely knew Spanish. I did what i had to do and spoke in Spanish. Overall, I was not offered the job because my experience did not match what he needed.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever been in a stressful situation at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RadioShack in October 2010.

very unprofessional , just meet up in messy stock room at retail store and expect to want the job, In all you can tell every one working there trying to tell you run away.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel to different store to pick up product without reimbursement for mileage on car use? .   View Answer
    Nothing much long process of exams that were useless to begin with. Everything i learned in the two years i have worked their was on the sales floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in September 2010.

They interview you and tell you about the company, how the pay and commission works and if you are willing to take the job or need to think about it. Take it right away or they won't hire you. They will ask about your availability and what phone provider you have and will try to sell you a phone. They have no shame. They will get back to you after doing a background check. There is no drug test as of this writing. As long as the manager likes you and you are willing to take the job without having to think about it. you will have the job.

Nothing to negotiate. minimum wage plus commission. Only the top 3 stores in the district are capable of having assistant managers. Making full time will get you a 40 cent raise. There is little room for advancement unless you are the manager's friend, have good numbers, are a brown noser or willing to give fellatio.