RadioShack Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

The initial application is on the Radio Shack website, it's a fairly long application requiring you to take a timed test to assess your math and some other skills. The interview was held in another store where there were multiple store managers from several locations. I sat with two managers, one from the store I was applying at and one from another store. After the interview I was offered a position as a sales associate and went to a one day training class. There are multiple other online training courses that are taken in store after hire.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just basic describe a time when... happened.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very simple. only asked basic questions about electronics. the only thing he asked me is what 10% of 500 is. and i said 50. then you interview with the DM and if the manager likes you then you basically already have the job. The DM just wants to meet you and get to know the person who will be joining his team.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. its pretty easy and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

no its a base salary for the minumum wage

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Merrimack, NH) in December 2014.

Interview

Long comfortable interview. Nearly begged for me to take the job but minimum wage plus 3% commission won't pay the bills. 50% off was a nice benefit but also only hire management from within, and I need better pay. 26 hours part time and 36 hours full time.

Interview Questions

• Human encounter, reaction to situations, drive for sales.   Answer Question

Pay unstable and low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Driggs, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Driggs, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from them in a few days. Had a phone interview. Then had an in person interview. Was called a few days later saying I got the job. The entire process was pretty straightforward and easy. One comment, be prepared, and you will do good. Best of luck!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I applied online at Radioshack and got an email asking to do an online recorded interview with HireVue. i've never done this before. I am about to do it and see where it takes me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to supervise a group of opinionated people and how you reached a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied. They called about a week later. Couldn't even make it to my first interview, because it was so far. I called to let them know this. I was reschedule for a later date at a closer radioshack. I did my first interview which was pretty formal. Then a couple days later did my second interview. It was more of a closing in negotiations. Then a week later they got me in the store i ask to be in, because of the benefit to me.

Interview Questions

• How well did i know cell phones & could i sell them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack (Daly City, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a few days to set up an in person interview. The interviewer was really nice and laidback. Questions were normal sales questions, ex. How would you sell something, How would you approach a customer that can't make a decision, Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you do your research on common interview questions and you'll be good   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview with manager where you are asked basic electronics questions then interview with district manager who basically just offers you the job. A lot of questions about cellphones since that is their main focus now.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack (Quakertown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later to be interviewed at the store by the manager. The interview was conducted at the managers desk in the back of the store. I walked in the store at first and was greeted like a customer and told them I was here for an interview and waited for the manager to come out for me.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what would I do when a customer becomes irritated and creates a scene.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay rate was not negotiable.