RadioShack Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.1

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

I applied online at Radioshack and got an email asking to do an online recorded interview with HireVue. i've never done this before. I am about to do it and see where it takes me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to supervise a group of opinionated people and how you reached a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in July 2014.

Applied online, got a call within a few days to set up an in person interview. The interviewer was really nice and laidback. Questions were normal sales questions, ex. How would you sell something, How would you approach a customer that can't make a decision, Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you do your research on common interview questions and you'll be good   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview with manager where you are asked basic electronics questions then interview with district manager who basically just offers you the job. A lot of questions about cellphones since that is their main focus now.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RadioShack.

I applied online and got a phone call a few days later to be interviewed at the store by the manager. The interview was conducted at the managers desk in the back of the store. I walked in the store at first and was greeted like a customer and told them I was here for an interview and waited for the manager to come out for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what would I do when a customer becomes irritated and creates a scene.   View Answer
    The pay rate was not negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Online application, with a follow up phone call. Interview then hired. Watched training videos on sales and trained on POS.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

Good company to work for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

They want sales associate over anything else so the entire process revolved around if you can sell. First interview was with a manager then with the district manager, keep in mind that you work for the district manager and he can transfer your store whenever he wants.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

The interview process is alright. It takes two interviews to get it. the first interview is held by the manager of the store and the second one is by the distract manager. Then the call you in to fill a bunch of papers and then you get a call that you are ready to work after the check anything.

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell this?
      How do you greet a customer?
      They ask you a bunch of sales questions.
        View Answer
    No. Take it or Leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack in November 2013.

The interview processes was minimal. The entire thing consisted of filling out an application in store, answering a couple of questions and then waiting while the manager quickly flipped through the papers. Once hired, I was asked to come in a week early because the other trainee already quit.

Proper training was nowhere to be found, but rather haphazard training observations were conducted while we were expected to be immediately making sales we, for the most part, knew hardly anything about. Franchise Online training in the form of Web Modules were utilized, but offered little in the way of effective sales training.

After a couple of weeks, I was expected to start operating the store on my own, handling cash deposits that should only be handled by managers, with the full awareness that my training and experience were woefully lacking and the management lived out-of-town and hour away.

Overall, the interview was short, the hiring quick and the training negligible.

Interview Questions
    • A question on the interview asked about the resistance created by a current in a particular piece of electrical hardware.   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable Part-Time Minimum Wage with No Benefits