RadioShack Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was told to meet at there District Office, to where there were about 20 other people, they began to speak to all of us as a group, and inform of us of Radio Shack's history. Afterwards, they began to interview us one by one in different rooms.

Interview Questions

• He asked me the general questions, Why do you want to work for us, what do you know about us, and the common one "In your experience, how have you handled a difficult customer."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

The initial application is on the Radio Shack website, it's a fairly long application requiring you to take a timed test to assess your math and some other skills. The interview was held in another store where there were multiple store managers from several locations. I sat with two managers, one from the store I was applying at and one from another store. After the interview I was offered a position as a sales associate and went to a one day training class. There are multiple other online training courses that are taken in store after hire.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just basic describe a time when... happened.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very simple. only asked basic questions about electronics. the only thing he asked me is what 10% of 500 is. and i said 50. then you interview with the DM and if the manager likes you then you basically already have the job. The DM just wants to meet you and get to know the person who will be joining his team.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. its pretty easy and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

no its a base salary for the minumum wage

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Merrimack, NH) in December 2014.

Interview

Long comfortable interview. Nearly begged for me to take the job but minimum wage plus 3% commission won't pay the bills. 50% off was a nice benefit but also only hire management from within, and I need better pay. 26 hours part time and 36 hours full time.

Interview Questions

• Human encounter, reaction to situations, drive for sales.   Answer Question

Pay unstable and low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Driggs, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RadioShack (Driggs, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from them in a few days. Had a phone interview. Then had an in person interview. Was called a few days later saying I got the job. The entire process was pretty straightforward and easy. One comment, be prepared, and you will do good. Best of luck!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

very easy they as you the hypothetical questions that you can search on google. also i overheard management saying they don't even understand how these questions relate to the interview or job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview

I applied online at Radioshack and got an email asking to do an online recorded interview with HireVue. i've never done this before. I am about to do it and see where it takes me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to supervise a group of opinionated people and how you reached a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RadioShack (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied. They called about a week later. Couldn't even make it to my first interview, because it was so far. I called to let them know this. I was reschedule for a later date at a closer radioshack. I did my first interview which was pretty formal. Then a couple days later did my second interview. It was more of a closing in negotiations. Then a week later they got me in the store i ask to be in, because of the benefit to me.

Interview Questions

• How well did i know cell phones & could i sell them   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by three area managers for the position of sales associate, and received a phone call telling me I got the job. Yay!

Two days later I get a phone call from the manager at the store I was hired to, who tells me that he did not know anyone had been hired/even interviewed for his store, so was called in to do an interview with him.

I got the job (again). Yay!

Told to fill out some online paperwork, completed it, but technical difficulties on their end prevented them from ever actually starting me. I was a technical "employee" there for about a week and a half before bailing and finding another job because they couldn't get their (expletive) together.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your cell phone.   Answer Question
    • Open discussion on cell phones to gauge my understanding of the new technology on the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RadioShack (Riverside, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Super easy, I applied online and then I got called in for an in person interview with the store manager. He reviewed my resume with me and asked me questions regarding how much I know about technology, and closed off the interview.