RadioShack Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

43 interviews

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at RadioShack.

A Joke I had worked a manager like position for several months went through 7 separate interviews held with other Store managers a District manager and a Regional Manager. The interviews were done about once a week over a 7 week period while I had been working as a Manager trainee I interviewed with colleagues individually and a panel interview with 5 of them at once the 2 final interviews were conducted by the District manager and a Regional manager who had left the decision up to the District manager after a 15 minute interview.

Interview Questions
  • Easy questions mainly about tasking and how to grow sales volume and employee management.   View Answer
There is very little room to negotiate the decisions are based on prior and experience and skills and made entirely by the District manager.

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack.

First was interviewed via' telephone by a district manager. An interview was set up for a one on one. Seemed very open and very good in explaining the procedures of the store and how Radio Shack has returned to the market; mainly cell phone services.

Interview Questions
    • None really - standard questions. More of a conversation then questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RadioShack.

Process was short and to the point. I went though an interview with the District Manager that lasted about 15 minutes. Questions were pretty soft. Second interview with Regional Manager was even shorter. They were desperate to fix the store I was hired for, so they saw me as a good candidate and didnt want to waste time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to diffuse an angry customer situation (where they were in the wrong or misunderstood) and how did you handle it in order to follow company guidelines but also have the customer agreeable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in August 2011.

Very relaxed, Basic interview, Basic questions. If you can talk wireless and sales you got the job. They basically want to know if you can sell phones and if you can get your staff to sell phones. Radio shack is a wireless business first and a consumer electronics store second.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. They made an offer I made a counter and they declined my counter. It was take the job at this rate or we'll find somebody else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at RadioShack in June 2013.

Was hire as a Sales Associate, moved up to Assistant Manager and showed an extreme interest in becoming a Store Manager which resulted in an over the phone interview with the Regional Manager which was a pretty standard interview going through items such as how to retain business, increase profit, and what my accomplishments within the company so far.

Interview Questions
    • Why Radioshack...? The question threw me off at first even though it is a simple and to the point question but when I was asked at first I did not know how to respond, and as I have interviewed others I ask the same question which has been a great start to seeing how they talk and handle themselves in a branded question and situation.   View Answer
    I was not offered a negotiation the Regional Manager and District Manager chose a salary without ever telling me, I found out a month later and was quite dissapointed. Overall happy with everything within the company with that one exception.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RadioShack in May 2012.

I had applied online, it took almost a month to get a response. From there I had a phone interview with a store manager, (another 2 weeks) a face to face with a district manager then a phone interview with the regional manager and a formal offer (week and a half). 5 days latter I had my store.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage the people component of your business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RadioShack in July 2010.

Apply online - then phone call then personal interview with District Manager

Interview Questions
    • If you have been in management before and know about electronics ti should be easy to nail this one   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in August 2011.

Had one phone interview and one in person interview with district manager. Including background check, the process took about a month. It was clear that the DM was looking for people who are money motivated.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, the DM seemed to be following the corporate template pretty closely.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, pretty much take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

I move up in the company

Interview Questions
    none they just gave you a offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in November 2009.

fill out online application, complete assessment exam ( 1 hour long, math part can be difficult because its not real life situations ), interview is as long as the interest is to hire you. if your good, it will take some time, if you not good, dont have all the right responses, poor body language, poor posture, interview can be quick. must have a current up to date resume

Interview Questions
    • the regional director of operations ( RDO ) of metro NYC asked me: "if there was only ONE thing in this business that you could have control over, what would it be?"   View Answer
    salary was depended on location and or volume, the bigger the store/ higher the volume, the more you would be paid. there are occasional......again...occasional merit increases...but not every year and it depends on your performance. but the skies the limit to your earning potential at 1.5% commission of everything you sell if that sounds like alot lol..yea i had to laugh...

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!