RadioShack Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at RadioShack.

A Joke I had worked a manager like position for several months went through 7 separate interviews held with other Store managers a District manager and a Regional Manager. The interviews were done about once a week over a 7 week period while I had been working as a Manager trainee I interviewed with colleagues individually and a panel interview with 5 of them at once the 2 final interviews were conducted by the District manager and a Regional manager who had left the decision up to the District manager after a 15 minute interview.

Interview Questions
  • Easy questions mainly about tasking and how to grow sales volume and employee management.   View Answer
There is very little room to negotiate the decisions are based on prior and experience and skills and made entirely by the District manager.

Other Interview Reviews for RadioShack

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

First was interviewed via' telephone by a district manager. An interview was set up for a one on one. Seemed very open and very good in explaining the procedures of the store and how Radio Shack has returned to the market; mainly cell phone services.

Interview Questions
    • None really - standard questions. More of a conversation then questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RadioShack.

Process was short and to the point. I went though an interview with the District Manager that lasted about 15 minutes. Questions were pretty soft. Second interview with Regional Manager was even shorter. They were desperate to fix the store I was hired for, so they saw me as a good candidate and didnt want to waste time.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to diffuse an angry customer situation (where they were in the wrong or misunderstood) and how did you handle it in order to follow company guidelines but also have the customer agreeable.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I move up in the company

Interview Questions
    none they just gave you a offer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RadioShack.

No positive feedback

Frustrating , disorganized, and lack of complete truthful communication during the process

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RadioShack.

It was not a very complicated hiring process at all. I went in on the Thursday and on Friday they offered me the job and I started on that Saturday. Overall good interviewing process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at RadioShack in June 2013.

Was hire as a Sales Associate, moved up to Assistant Manager and showed an extreme interest in becoming a Store Manager which resulted in an over the phone interview with the Regional Manager which was a pretty standard interview going through items such as how to retain business, increase profit, and what my accomplishments within the company so far.

Interview Questions
    • Why Radioshack...? The question threw me off at first even though it is a simple and to the point question but when I was asked at first I did not know how to respond, and as I have interviewed others I ask the same question which has been a great start to seeing how they talk and handle themselves in a branded question and situation.   View Answer
    I was not offered a negotiation the Regional Manager and District Manager chose a salary without ever telling me, I found out a month later and was quite dissapointed. Overall happy with everything within the company with that one exception.

Store Manager Interview

Mix of generic and personality profile questions. Completely inconsistant

small negotiation window

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

After completing the application on line I sat down for an interview with the District Manager. I was approved, for hire, by the district manager and was placed in a store, as an Assistant Manager, pending interviews from the Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM) and Regional Sales Manager (RM). I was interviewed by the RHRM within a couple of weeks and by the RM about a week later. The initial interview also includes paperwork for your background check, which takes about a week to get returned. You start working after the return of the background check and some online paperwork completion.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. Depending on who does your interview is what decides what questions you get. Be prepared to discuss past successes and failures. If you have failures be prepared to disucss what could have been done to avoid them or what plan you were going to put in place to overcome the shortfall.   Answer Question
    The negotiation is somewhat simple. RadioShack seems to take more low level Store Managers, so the pay is not top tier. I was offereed about $10,000 less than what I ended up with but went in about $10,000 over what they gave me. Keep in mind that there is a range in which they are allowed to offer you, and they will go for the lowest possible point if you let them.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RadioShack.

Easy and friendly. Took many phone calls.

None