RadioShack

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Target Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Target Mobile Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack in February 2013.

Interview Details – BEWARE! THEY HAD ME FILL OUT ALL OF THEIR PAPERWORK, GAVE ME A (TENTATIVE) START DATE, THEN TOLD ME I DIDN'T HAVE A JOB? Caused me to lose my current job... Here's what happened...

I applied online and my computer crashed so I didn't even finish the application. They still got my resume, and called me first thing the next morning. I went in for an interview the following day, which was pretty standard and went well, for what it was. The girl interviewing me was about my age (young 20s) and admitted that she was new.

She set me up an interview with the Senior Manager for the next day. For a senior manager, he wasn't very professional. I know this is a sales associate job but, really? He was buried in his phone the entire time and I felt like he was only pretending to listen to me. Who knows, in this day and age, maybe he had my info up on his phone, but I doubt it. Even so...professionalism?

They called me back 6 days later to offer me the job -- conditional upon my background check and drug test -- so I went in to fill out their tax forms and I passed the background check. I received an e-mail the next day with a PDF script for the drug test that I needed to print out, and the location I'd need to take the drug test. There's a diagnostics place a mile down the road from the job site but I needed to drive 30 minutes away to take the drug test.

Again, six days later, I received another E-MAIL congratulating me on becoming a new Radio Shack team member. All I had to do was fill out the "on-boarding" online tour/forms and then report to work. Everything was a PDF that you needed to download, dress code, social media policy etc. It was odd. I even needed to fill out information they already had, you know, on my ORIGINAL APPLICATION (i.e. job history, education, etc). It stated that this still needed to be completed.

I was given a tentative start date in the "on-boarding" tour of a week from that day I filled it out. Yet it told me if I did not hear from my hiring manager within 48 hours to give them a call. So I suppose that means they were going to call me back with something more official. Again, very odd. I even filled out DIRECT DEPOSIT, keep in mind this is all online and I am entering my personal banking information, etc.

Of course I needed to notify my present employer, out of courtesy, that my tentative start date was less than two weeks away and I might not be able to change that. So I did just that the next day.

Didn't hear from Radio Shack that day, which was fine, because worse case scenario I'd just have to call them.

Well, I received yet another e-mail from Radio Shack the next day that said this:

"Thank you for your interest in the position of..........and for the time you spent completing our online candidate process.

Unfortunately, we have decided not to move forward with you for this position."

What?! After all of that?! Are you kidding me? You have my personal info! I should have seen it coming. It seemed like a lot to go through for a Sales Associate position, and almost nothing was offered to me in person. All e-mail. I'd like to think it wasn't a scam since I encountered numerous employees, and I realize not everything is guaranteed or set in stone -- but COME ON!

And the cherry on top...when I broke the news to my present employer (that I didn't have the new job and would be staying), they said, in a nutshell, "too bad, you're done in two weeks anyway." ....What. I've been there for a long time, and as far as I know they consider me a great employee and I haven't been spoken to about my performance, or anything else for that matter. For whatever crazy reasoning, this cost me my stable job. (FYI I was leaving because they don't really work around college classes, and require a 9-5 availability).

So now I'm wondering how I'm going to be paying the bills, being left in this compromising position. Thanks, Radio Shack.

Interview Question – Standard questions, nothing too difficult. Actually seemed a little too easy.   Answer Question

Target Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Target Mobile Sales Associate
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RadioShack.

Interview Details – Quick, unexpected, but overall happy with the results.

Interview Question – Interviewed by second Manager: comparing my most difficult feats from my last job to current an how I might not fit the bill if I had a hard time with the last employers criteria's.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was more like a push to tell you what you could be making, but no discussion on what the base hourly rate was going to be until time of paperwork completion.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!