Rady Children's Hospital

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

The interview Rady uses is based on a series of questions posed to the interviewee, something like: describe a situation in which you had to mediate between colleagues; describe a time when you had to implement a difficult process, etc. The actual answers were important, but equally important was how the interviewee handled themselves. Did they ask clarifying questions when necessary? Did they make sure to answer the question asked?

Interview Questions
    • There was no question that surprised me or was particularly difficult   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation or flexibility.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

The online application is thorough and allows you to setup a job search client. For some positions, there will be additional questions to filter out unqualified candidates. [] I wasn't contacted for a couple of weeks after my application was submitted. I went through one phone interview and one in person interview. Some departments hold a succession of interviews, or group interviews where you might meet the entire department. [] The interview itself wasn't difficult, but it was long. Lots of story telling because it was a behavioral based interview. [] After accepting the position, it took another two weeks to go through their physical testing, drug test, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral based (e.g., how would you handle X, tell me about a time you X).   Answer Question
    The salary was better than I expected, so I accepted.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in September 2013.

Submitted application online and received a call from HR a couple weeks later. Round one was a one on one with the hiring manager. None of the dreaded behavioral based questions. Most of the questions were certainly geared towards the job function and company. "What is your experience using systems X, Y, Z?" "Why do you want to work at Rady?" The interview was a two way process and my questions were encouraged. I was invited back for round two the next week. This consisted of 4-5 one on one sessions with other people that work closely with the position. These were of similar nature - two-way and casual but to the point. Very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some difficult situations where working with an individual was difficult.   Answer Question

Community Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in November 2010.

I had 2 telephone interviews as I lived in another state and for my final interview, I was asked to come to interview for the position in-person. I communicated with teh team via telephone and email contacts.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, I used my experiences to answer the questions,a nd used apparent negative experiences into positive ones and described how I used the experiences to grow and change into a better person.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in August 2010.

Interviewed with the supervisor of the PICU where there were mostly questions regarding one's personality versus actual clinical questions. The interview took approximately 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I was offered the position within a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a conflict between a coworker and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating process. They offered the job, told me the salary and either I accepted or not.

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in May 2010.

Intense. Approx. 200 pages of material. One could get a CIA clearance after this hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview was mostly written out for the manager.   Answer Question
    Back and forth. They had problems with calculating my past experience in order to submit a fair offer.