Rafael Vinoly Architects

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undeclared Interview

Undeclared

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects.

Interview Details – Interviewer arrived an hour late. They were professional and apologized about it.
The duration was approx. 20 mins. The interviewer didn't put down their phone or make eye contact. The interview ended abruptly.

Interview Question – The lack of questions asked by the interviewer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none or no option to make you feel like you will truly make an impact at the company.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was on time, but the interview started about 20 minutes late. I waited in a very nice reception area. The interview itself was about 40 min and I was asked fairly typical questions about my experience. We went through my portfolio in detail. The interviewer then told me about the work they have in the office and what they are looking for. He also described the specific role I would be suitable for. It all sounded interesting and it was something I was looking for. It was a good interview. Subsequent to the interview I was able to get in touch with the interviewer and get even more detail on the projects and specific work required.

Interview Question – There were no tricks to this interview. It was conducted in a very efficient and professional way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a pretty bad time in the economy, so they had an advantage. But the work also looked interesting and challenging, and this was mostly driving my decision to accept.

Administrative/Architecture Interview

Administrative/Architecture

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rafael Vinoly Architects in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview went well, though I was warned that the job required 70-80 hours a week... Second interview was on a Sunday --yes a Sunday. The interviewer was late, did not introduce himself, did not apologize for being late, and spent the entire interview negotiating down my salary requirement.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work 70-80 hours a week all the time?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Very bad impression of the firm -

Worked for Rafael Vinoly Architects? Contribute to the Community!