Ragon Institute Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ragon Institute

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ragon Institute (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was asked about my previous experiences and how I would handle certain situations. Talked more about my resume. Was shown the lab area where the techs work and what my role would be.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake and no one was around   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ragon Institute (Cambridge, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview and hired it was meeting with all of the postdocs and then going through a meeting with the PI to get a feel of the lab. it was my first interview. I arrived an hour early so i could relax.

Interview Questions

• very informal this depends on the lab of course I did most of the question asking and I think that got me the job. I knew the research inside out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotioation

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ragon Institute.

Interview

Conference recruiting followed by 1-1 interview screening. All based on fit between PI needs and previous research. If you did you Ph.D in a well-known lab then fit is less important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard starting salary and benefits

Research Technician Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ragon Institute in October 2010.

Interview

By email, I went in and talked to each person in the group for about 15 minutes and was told about the job and what it required. I was given the opportunity to ask questions, they said they could teach me the skills required. The people seemed nice and young, it just didn't work.