Railcorp

railcorp.com.au

Railcorp Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Railcorp.

1. a recruitment agency called me
    2. interviewed by the agency - general questions
    3. interviewed by Ma**ndra staff - technical questions(IT basic knowledge)
    4. interviewed by RailCorp staff - specific technical questions(solution-based knowledge)

Interview Questions
    • The position was for an engineer of a specific IT solution.
      They asked knowledge of the solution.

Answer Question

Business Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Railcorp in May 2012.

Applied online, got an email straight after to take online numerical and personality tests. They were fairly easy and simple. Then got a phone interview. It was very candid but still has a professional feeling to it somehow. Then got the group interview panel. Had to present a social media business solution the same day to them. A week later they conducted a one-on-one interview and then two weeks later I was rejected.

Interview Questions
    • What were the problems you faced at University when you started? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Railcorp in January 2012.

i had a phone interview cleared first.after that been to the assessment center ,all cleared there.
    and now group discussion and role play left.

non neogitable

Cadet Engineer (Scholarship) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Railcorp in August 2011.

Stock standard application process. Next stage is SHL and psychometric testing. Assessment centre involved a simple written engineering aptitude test, writing a short engineering report and short talk to hr about why you want to work for Railcorp. No phone interviews. Whole thing took ages, from application to offer was almost 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Written test had a question about calculating how far down a slope a train would roll before stopping. As an electrical engineer, if I hadn't done HSC engineering studies before uni, I probably wouldn't have been able to answer it.   Answer Question
    Government job - transparency means salary non negotiable

Procurement Recruitment Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Railcorp in June 2011.

The interview was very pleasant and professional, the interviewer was a manager I could see myself working with. I noticed that when I left the interview, people in the team were able to see me & several were looking on in interest. Which is understandable but I felt a bit uncomfortable by this. I do know that the culture at this large public service organisation has been very problematic in the past. There was a sense of office politics already in those curious looks.

Interview Questions
    • What problems have you encountered before in working as part of team?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Railcorp in May 2008.

Straight forward. Met manager and other representative of HR

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Railcorp in May 2007.

- Written assessment (requires to address selection criteria for the role)
    - Phone interview (to understand whether the candidate could articulate and can comprehend English)
    - Online assessment (verbal, cognitive and numerical)
    - Meet and greet with managers (opportunities to meet the future managers and people from the organisation, use it to socialise with them)
    - Group and individual assessment (presentation, written, 1:1 case study and group case study)
    - Behavioural assessment
    - Informal meet and greet with executives

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with difficult employee? (case study)   View Answer
    Salary is non negotiable