Railinc

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Railinc.

Submitted resume. Contacted by internal recruiter. Phone screen. Interview. When starting you could experience a delayed start date. Company primarily starts people at beginning of pay cycle.

Be prepared for multiple interviews, one on one and team. Possible to interview with multiple departments. Company runs background check.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of scenario questions...Name a time when..... How did you react when....   Answer Question
Not a lot of room for negotiation. Get what you can when coming in. Expect a 2-3% annual raise.

Other Interview Reviews for Railinc

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Railinc in June 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by HR about 1 week later to set up an interview via email. Interview was setup and I was also sent an application via email to fill out.

The first interview was with 2 senior business analysts. Their questions were general, they just looked at my resume and asked me questions about what I had done. Nothing difficult here, just an honest attempt to learn more about me. Friendly and productive interview, lots of good questions.

The 2nd interview was with 2 managers, one was the hiring manager. The managers had a very different demeanor from the analysts. I had the impression at times that they really didn't want to be talking with me, they really seemed to disregard a lot relevant experience that I had. Most of their interview was taken up with generic behavioral questions. I tried to be positive throughout the interview and end on a good note, but I knew before the second interview was over that this was the end of the road.

Interview Questions
    • Three jars of marbles(black, white, mixed) with mismatched labels. How can you put the labels on the correct jar.   View Answer

Worked for Railinc? Contribute to the Community!