Rain Bird Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.7

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions

• One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Regional Sales Manager - Golf Course Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Interview

Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   2 Answers

Product Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Questions

• You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Questions

• none, that is what was so surprising   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied on line received an email from internal recruiter, received a call from hiring manager within 2 days, traveled for interview within a week had offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative action you've ever taken to accomplish your job, why and what were the results.?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary but not vacation.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

On site interview

Interview Questions

• Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not negotiated

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions

• When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   3 Answers