Rain Bird

Getting the Interview

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Manager - Golf Course Accounts Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Interview Details – Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Question – Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Rain Bird

Interview Details – 4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

Engineer Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in August 2011.

Interview Details – it was through a contractor, but the process was fast and easy.

Interview Question – it was my first work   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview Details – Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Question – One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2012.

Interview Details – On site interview

Interview Question – Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process relaxed. Flew me in, interviewed with 4 people & the director. A pathetic solidworks test followed conducted by a temp guy who was trying to make it too hard for everyone. They made it seem like they are building Rocket Engines.

Interview Question – Basic HR questions, nothing too complicated.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Product Sales Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Question – You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2013.

Interview Details – No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Question – none, that is what was so surprising   View Answer

Manager Level Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with lots of people including VP. Very straight up - with very little humor involved - Use humor sparingly with VP. They do have a list of questions to guide them - some use, some don't.

Interview Question – Why did you go the school you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like any other - as expected

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview Details – Two weeks after I applied on line received an email from internal recruiter, received a call from hiring manager within 2 days, traveled for interview within a week had offer the next week.

Interview Question – What is the most creative action you've ever taken to accomplish your job, why and what were the results.?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary but not vacation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rain Bird

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rain Bird interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rain Bird employees and interview candidates.