Rain Bird Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions
    • One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   View Answers (2)
    Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Regional Sales Manager - Golf Course Accounts Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   View Answers (2)

Product Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Questions
    • You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in June 2013.

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Two weeks after I applied on line received an email from internal recruiter, received a call from hiring manager within 2 days, traveled for interview within a week had offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative action you've ever taken to accomplish your job, why and what were the results.?   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate salary but not vacation.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rain Bird in October 2012.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   View Answers (2)
    Not negotiated

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird in May 2012.

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions
    • When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   View Answers (2)

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in February 2012.

I was prepped to discuss working people out of the org and sure enough we spent a fair amount of time on that topic. Bizarre to be honest. Most other orgs are much more focused on how one grows the business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience dealing with underperforming employees   Answer Question