Rain Bird Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 19, 2014
46 interviews

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2014.

Applied online and had phone interview with director a few weeks later. Director asked me to walk him through my resume, year by year. Had second phone interview with another director one month later which was more conversational and situation based.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal, what would you be? (really)   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager - Golf Course Accounts Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in December 2013.

Quick response after I emailed my resume to HR. Phone interview felt like more a technical knowledge quizzing than going over my successes in sales and business development. I had the field expertise from chemical/petrochem/refining work but I think he really wanted someone from the Ag engrg end. Being an avid golfer who has played overseas and resides in an arid climate was not an advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in a regimented and very procedural work environment.   View Answers (2)

Sales Representative Interview

4 interviews within 2 weeks. Onboarding was a joke. I was given a laptop and a list of names and sent on my way.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in August 2011.

it was through a contractor, but the process was fast and easy.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions
    • One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   View Answers (2)
    Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2012.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   View Answers (2)
    Not negotiated

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2011.

Interview process relaxed. Flew me in, interviewed with 4 people & the director. A pathetic solidworks test followed conducted by a temp guy who was trying to make it too hard for everyone. They made it seem like they are building Rocket Engines.

Interview Questions
    • Basic HR questions, nothing too complicated.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Product Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Two phone interviews, fly to Azusa, CA, interviewed with hiring manager, two other management people and president of company, through interview process, professional

Interview Questions
    • You have no irrigation experience, do you expect that to be a short fall or how do you over come.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate on salary and incentive was very competitive.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2013.

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2009.

Multiple interviews with lots of people including VP. Very straight up - with very little humor involved - Use humor sparingly with VP. They do have a list of questions to guide them - some use, some don't.

Interview Questions
    Like any other - as expected

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!