Rain Bird

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted and interviewed by a corporate recruiter.

I had a first round interview with the Senior Product Manager over the phone, and was invited to Tucson to meet with the Marketing Manager, SBU director, and a fellow product manager.

Job offer came pretty quick with two weeks to decide.

The place gave me a strange feeling from the beginning. Way too serious for a company that makes plastic tubing and valves. The metal detector and bag inspection at the front desk raised a red flag. I used to work for a high tech communications company and we had less security at the front desk.

Interview Question – What would be your goals for the first 90 days?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was between jobs, the offer was fair so I didn't negotiate.

I should have pushed for more vacation.

Very Easy Interview

Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in May 2012.

Interview Details – Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Question – When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   View Answers (2)

Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty standard. Questions like describe background and project work.

Interview Question – Describe yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done with head hunter.
My advice is do not work here if you do not want to sell your soul. It is a burn and churn place where employees are expected to leave their dignity and respect at the metal detector door.

Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in May 2008.

Interview Details – Spoke to recruiter, then to hiring manager. Flew in for interviews with 1) Hiring manager, 2) her manager (was only on the job for 4 days), 3) Director of Commercial. The interview was a sales pitch, very little useful information gained on my part.

Perception of work culture
- silence in the cubical areas - no meetings in offices, discussions/brainstorming, laughter

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rain Bird in November 2008.

Interview Details – The process was to involve 2 interviews, but I was told in the 1st interview that the guy who gave the 2nd interview was impossible. He was to be the boss. When leaving I met him and he was a real jerk. I declined the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected - all job function related. Heavy emphasis on MBA.   View Answer

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in November 2009.

Interview Details – No organized
People not friendly
No idea what they were looking for

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a job?
Do you have kids?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the culture and how unhappy the people looked

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!