Rain Bird Product Manager Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird in May 2012.

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions
  • When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Rain Bird

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in October 2008.

Interview process is pretty standard. Questions like describe background and project work.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done with head hunter.
    My advice is do not work here if you do not want to sell your soul. It is a burn and churn place where employees are expected to leave their dignity and respect at the metal detector door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in May 2008.

Spoke to recruiter, then to hiring manager. Flew in for interviews with 1) Hiring manager, 2) her manager (was only on the job for 4 days), 3) Director of Commercial. The interview was a sales pitch, very little useful information gained on my part.

Perception of work culture
    - silence in the cubical areas - no meetings in offices, discussions/brainstorming, laughter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in May 2008.

I was contacted and interviewed by a corporate recruiter.

I had a first round interview with the Senior Product Manager over the phone, and was invited to Tucson to meet with the Marketing Manager, SBU director, and a fellow product manager.

Job offer came pretty quick with two weeks to decide.

The place gave me a strange feeling from the beginning. Way too serious for a company that makes plastic tubing and valves. The metal detector and bag inspection at the front desk raised a red flag. I used to work for a high tech communications company and we had less security at the front desk.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your goals for the first 90 days?   View Answer
    I was between jobs, the offer was fair so I didn't negotiate.

I should have pushed for more vacation.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in November 2009.

No organized
    People not friendly
    No idea what they were looking for

Interview Questions

Didn't like the culture and how unhappy the people looked

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rain Bird in November 2008.

The process was to involve 2 interviews, but I was told in the 1st interview that the guy who gave the 2nd interview was impossible. He was to be the boss. When leaving I met him and he was a real jerk. I declined the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - all job function related. Heavy emphasis on MBA.   View Answer